Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just now, Babylon said:

Look at the market, look at what players are fetching, use your noggin. There is also a difference between what we'd accept and what another team would bid. IF, and it's a big IF, the 20% sell on is right, then we'd probably want more than another team is likely to pay at this stage. 

Out of your Galactico type player, it's top strikers fetching £100m, not defenders. Kounde and De Light are doing in the £50-£60m region currently. 

So you are basically saying we would not sell for anything less than say £100m but Chelsea won't pay the amount we would be asking....

So exactly like I said then.  Well worth the contradictory replies from you, just for the sake of it.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Look at the market, look at what players are fetching, use your noggin. There is also a difference between what we'd accept and what another team would bid. IF, and it's a big IF, the 20% sell on is right, then we'd probably want more than another team is likely to pay at this stage. 

Out of your Galactico type player, it's top strikers fetching £100m, not defenders. Kounde and De Light are doing in the £50-£60m region currently. 

Irrespective of what the market is doing, we don't want to sell yet.. so if they want him they will have to pay on our terms and if the club slaps a £100m price tag on him then it's on Chelsea to pay it. 

5 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

To be fair, I do agree BUT your not quoting PL fees.

No way Maguire goes for 80m (pre or post COVID) to another country for as much.

Then you throw in Lukaku as an example of this - Chelsea pay 100m and 12 months later let him go back to Inter for a 10m loan fee.

Comparing transfer fees is correct but value in the PL compared to outside is apples and oranges.

Ok. Man U paid £75m for Sancho, Chelsea £70+ for Haevertz, £100m would make him the 5th most expensive premier league player ever. 

Using Maguire as a bench mark is totally pointless, it was exceptional and they lost their minds, we got about £50m for Chilwell not long after. If Chelsea similarly lose their marbles, then alright some divvy might panic and chuck money at it. But anyone with an ounce of common sense isn't paying that... yet. 

• Like 1

We'll price him at 100mill+. Not sure why people are arguing it. Upemecano was quoted as being more than  that when he broke through, Koulibaly was quoted at over that for years. We'll set a ridiculous asking price, if we're even drawn on it at all. 

Incidentally with talkbof Kepa, his transfer to Chelsea is illustrative of what may happen. Courtois left with little time to find a replacement so they had to pay the stupid fee or suck a lemon. Could happen with this.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So you are basically saying we would not sell for anything less than say £100m but Chelsea won't pay the amount we would be asking....

So exactly like I said then.  Well worth the contradictory replies from you, just for the sake of it.

YOU replied to me, and you didn't say that to me in those replies. So pipe down. 

10 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Irrespective of what the market is doing, we don't want to sell yet.. so if they want him they will have to pay on our terms and if the club slaps a £100m price tag on him then it's on Chelsea to pay it. 

Or he throws he toys out and we end up having to let him go for less. See Chilwell, demanding £80m and getting £50m. 

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ok. Man U paid £75m for Sancho, Chelsea £70+ for Haevertz, £100m would make him the 5th most expensive premier league player ever. 

Using Maguire as a bench mark is totally pointless, it was exceptional and they lost their minds, we got about £50m for Chilwell not long after. If Chelsea similarly lose their marbles, then alright some divvy might panic and chuck money at it. But anyone with an ounce of common sense isn't paying that... yet. 

A great reply to be fair mate 👍🏻

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

YOU replied to me, and you didn't say that to me in those replies. So pipe down. 

I'll pipe down when you pipe down.  I replied to you as you irked me with your yet again condescending attitude to anyone who disagrees with you.

Again I will ask you, how much do you think he is worth?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Meaning what ?

we have him on a 5 year contract he is 21 years old and probably the best centre half talent in Europe if not the world - absolutely no chance he goes for less than £90m especially with a sell on clause and us not needing to sell him !

51 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So tell us all with your far more infinite wisdom than literally everyone else on the forum exactly what we should be expecting to get for him then?

Take your argumentative specs off for a minute and tell me what is incorrect in the statement that he will be one of if not the best defender in the world in a couple of years.  Who, in his age group is a better in world football right now?

I honestly don't watch enough World football to even comment.

Bayern have just paid less than £75m for De Ligt who is twice the player.

Transfers fees only highlight what the player is worth to the club. Fofona is worth £80m to us (or whatever price) but he's not actually worth that as a defender.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Old Fox said:

Meaning what ?

we have him on a 5 year contract he is 21 years old and probably the best centre half talent in Europe if not the world - absolutely no chance he goes for less than £90m especially with a sell on clause and us not needing to sell him !

of course the players thoughts need to be taken account of

i would think he feels that a move to Chelsea cements his place in Qatar (he has a chance if he stays here but its probably dependant on injuries) 

we know he agitated to leave st ettienne but they got their price in the end.  £90m is a lot but I guess if you don’t ask …….

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Rest of the world of football will see Fofana as a £60m player, the club will probably see him as a £80m+ player. 

It will be hard for anyone to do a deal when the perceived valuation from both sides doesn't match. I can't see him leaving this summer, but it does probably spell the beginning of the end of his time here.

Speaking to London club fans, they don’t see him at £50m.  They are amazed we paid £30m for him. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Speaking to London club fans, they don’t see him at £50m.  They are amazed we paid £30m for him. 

As in they wouldn't value him at 30mill?

That is a shocking take on their behalf, he is very composed and assured for his age. As time goes on he will only mature and CBs tend to hit their prime around 28-32 years old, if he continues to progress at a good rate, he will be considered one of the best defenders around. Paying 80 mill for him now you aren't just paying for the player he currently is, you are paying a premium for the player he is going to be in 5 years time as well, where chelsea could then potentially sell to a real madrid or barcelona and still turn a profit.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Clearly haven't watched him play then. Most pundits (who tend to have no respect for clubs like us and the talent of our players) massively big him up. Consensus is that he's a special talent. 

Definitely not worth to other clubs, what he is to us but that's most transfers for you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

it does probably spell the beginning of the end of his time here.

<aside>

That expression is one of those that I sometimes ponder... like something lost always being 'the last place you look'

When does the end begin? The second something starts? I suppose Fofana's time with us started to end the moment he signed.

</aside>

(sorry, I thought some light relief was needed) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Every Chelsea fan I know would be over the moon with Fofana.

Just now, The_77 said:

Every Chelsea fan I know would be over the moon with Fofana.

And yes, I know too many Chelsea fans, before anyone mentions it. I have to do something about that. lol 

Edited by The_77

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Really?  Plenty I know rate Fofana massively and would love to have him at their club. 

The Chelsea fan I work with thinks he should be their priority over anyone else to get in now the other chap has gone to Barcelona. He seems happy to go to £80m for him.  I think we would price him higher than that.