Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

7 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Blimey. 

Never saw Kante prior to his time here, but it took half a dozen games before it was obvious we'd bagged a superb midfielder. And then he got better. There was hardly any time to think 'he's going to be amazing'. 

I completely get the idea Fofana might be a generational talent. He looks ****ing amazing on the ball, with big-man-does-ballet poise, and looks electric moving out of defence. Basically, most of the time he makes football look stupidly easy.

The fly in the sherbert for me (certainly with the Kante comparison) is the fact he's been here nearly two years, yet he's not what I'd call brilliant at performing his primary function as a defender. Given his evident immaturity, I wonder if the thing that might stop him becoming a top 3 CD is his lack of interest in the basics of the, ahem, art form, given they're not necessarily at the 'cool' end of the spectrum.

This starts me off wondering what he'd be like as a player if he moved out of defence, but at that point I have to admit that while like everyone I'm happy to have an opinion on what I'm seeing right now, unlike some I'll also admit my footballing brain isn't good enough to work out why he'd make a terrible DM.

I guess a big difference is when we got Kanye he was already 24 so had matured a bit where as at 21 Fofana isn't there yet and that's the risk your taking hoping that as he gets older he matures and realises the basics and attitude are a big part of the game and the difference between being good and world class

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a feeling he's going to end up staying and will have a very mediocre season as we either just scrape survival or go down and only get £45m for him

If having him if the difference between getting relegated and keeping us up then the difference will have been worth it. 

Just now, Hamilton Fox said:

If having him if the difference between getting relegated and keeping us up then the difference will have been worth it. 

Totally agree, relegation would be a huge disaster. The problem is he isn't staying here long term and if we just scrape survival this season, what are the chances of us then improving once again to not be at risk of relegation again?

This squad isn't relegation standard but we are in a spiral that could find themselves in a battle with a regime that no longer has the effectiveness to get them at par for the course, let alone maximise every ounce of their ability. Rodgers is spent, he's been beat up here this last year and I will cut him some slack in how difficult and frustrating this summer must be for him but we cannot afford for a manager to be demotivated, in a funk and incapable of relishing this challenge as opposed to pointing out at every opportunity our limitations.

If he stays we are in massive trouble and I don't see how a scrape for survival and him somehow keeping his job would then see him rebuild us and get us back in the top 8-10. 

It's why I would be open to selling Fofana and trying to kick start some momentum with 2-3 new players in our obvious weak areas and hopefully a new manager.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I guess a big difference is when we got Kanye he was already 24 so had matured a bit where as at 21 Fofana isn't there yet and that's the risk your taking hoping that as he gets older he matures and realises the basics and attitude are a big part of the game and the difference between being good and world class

Sure, but that's potentially just another reason why I balked at the comparison. I mean, in a couple of years or more it might look spot on, but right now it seems like a bit of a punt to me. 

I would say in passing that N'Golo strikes me as the PL's main contender for the 'most sensible at 13' award.

I know there was a 'gentlemans agreement' to wait until next year to listen to offers but I imagine that agreement was made before the situation around transfers became clear. Taking my blue tinted specs off for a second if I was Fofana i'd be absolutely furious because in his eyes he is going to essentially be wasting a year of his career playing for a club with absolutely no ambition to compete. 

I know a lot of people on here are slating the player but the club hasn't exactly covered themselves in glory with this. It would be better for absolutely everyone if he was sold this window. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I just don't see any way Fofana forces his way into the French World Cup squad as a Leicester player. Not with how the club appears to be stagnating both on and off the pitch.

Couldn’t give a shit about his ambitions for France didn’t he think of that before putting pen to paper on a 5 yr deal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Dodgy Internet sources saying that we've already lined up Abdou Diallo as his replacement if this goes through.

26 Senagal International from PSG. Left footed CB who has played LB and CDM. 

....looks good, not spectacular, has a habit of making blind passes, bit of a concern!!!

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....looks good, not spectacular, has a habit of making blind passes, bit of a concern!!!

I didn't even bother checking. It's sport witness so likely garbage. 

This kind of activity should be made illegal from the big club, punishable by a 21 point deduction. 

You want a player, pay the asking price its not ****ing hard,  only then can you negotiate personal terms. Break this 21 points off instantly. 

Same goes for Arsenal, buy Tielmans or feck off! 

13 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I didn't even bother checking. It's sport witness so likely garbage. 

Feel like I've written this 1000 times. Sport Witness don't post their "own" transfer links in articles, they aggregate foreign articles, translate them and post an abbreviated version.

The article you refer to is very clearly citing this one: https://mediafootmarseille.fr/leicester-pense-toujours-a-abdou-diallo-info-media-foot/

image.png.86227c8dbc9c4c4bbe3ae2e284e5ca8d.png

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 4