Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

We should now say "That's it. Chelsea have had 2/3 weeks of messing us about and have failed to match our very clear valuation, or even come close. So we refuse to entertain any more offer this summer. Wes will remain a Leicester player and we will listen to offers next summer"

Get a normal human that isn't some massive compulsive liar to actually sit down with Wes and explain the situation, not some bullsh*t middle-management bell*nd.

Get Wes to like a picture of Filbert Fox on twitter and unfollow Chelsea so the social media stalkers are happy.

We'll be golden.

• Like 3

I assume that a bid of 70m would be paid over four instalments (say 16m up front and 3 annual payments of 18m )

If we assign the fee to the bank then we’d probably lose £5m 

so by offering the 60m up front, they have likely increased the value to us by 5m

maybe they’re expecting us to negotiate split the difference to £70m plus £10m more reasonable add ons (70m not up front) 

l hope we tell them to do one 

£85m all up front now 

54 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Bizarre how they got to the price brighton would accept for Cucurella pretty quick yet we’ve had 3 weeks of this now. Really do hope club have got a replacement all but ready to sign as this could well go into next week, and Fofana could step up his frustration if he felt the last bid was acceptable. 

Almost certainly because Brighton told them a price they would accept where as we have only ever said not for sale so they are bidding blind. 

I'm sure there is a value the club would consider assuming other conditions such as finding a replacement were met but we aren't telling chealsea what that is because we don't want to encourage them to bid. 

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Ben Jacobs has himself in a game of Twister trying to make Chelsea’s latest offer seem decent. 

that steven merchant look alike is as bad as anyone i’ve seen pushing a deal on our players.  Baffling that he claims to be a leicester fan 

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Almost certainly because Brighton told them a price they would accept where as we have only ever said not for sale so they are bidding blind. 

I'm sure there is a value the club would consider assuming other conditions such as finding a replacement were met but we aren't telling chealsea what that is because we don't want to encourage them to bid. 

Havent we said we would entertain an offer if it was a record fee? Or was that just journalist speculation?

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Are we all happy if he stays ? Just asking 🤔

Yes. And more importantly it sends out a message to the Big 6 (& Newcamel) that we are not going to be pandering to their low ball offers for our best assets.  Is Boehly´s daytime job a second-hand car salesman?

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 4

Maybe Chelsea are gonna throw the towel in after the last offer was rejected which would have meant Wes plays on Saturday as a line would be drawn under the whole debacle. But by throwing in another sh1t offer, not much different from the last one we rejected, they continue to destabilise him, the club, the team and the the situation further so he's dropped again to face them? 

Having said that according to someone supposedly "In the know" on The CFC forum, they are already preparing a fourth bid so who the f**k knows what they're up to.

Just either pay up or f**k off!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Maybe Chelsea are gonna throw the towel in after the last offer was rejected which would have meant Wes plays on Saturday as a line would be drawn under the whole debacle. But by throwing in another sh1t offer, not much different from the last one we rejected, they continue to destabilise him, the club, the team and the the situation further so he's dropped again to face them? 

Having said that according to someone supposedly "In the know" on The CFC forum, they are already preparing a fourth bid so who the f**k knows what they're up to.

Just either pay up or f**k off!

You can almost guarantee that the next bid will still fall short of our valuation.

The quote ‘rejected immediately’ shows your our boards stance on how this will play out. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

They made a rod for their own back when they spent £63m (I believe) on Cucurella. Lovely curly locks mind.

£85-90m or go **** yourself.

Yep - Plus loaning out Colwill as part of the deal with Brighton was dumb. Actually exposes Boehly for what he is - new to the EPL and clueless about transfers.

Just now, sdb said:

I'd be insulted if I were Wesley. £62m for Cucurella and £60m for Gordon, yet Wes is effectively worth no more? Offensive from Chelsea who clearly don't really rate him that much 🙁😪😪😪

They aren’t insulting him, he could get a high paid fancy contract the day after he signs, might even be all agreed.  :dunno:

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

They aren’t insulting him, he could get a high paid fancy contract the day after he signs, might even be all agreed.  :dunno:

My point is he's worth more than those 2 players, by some margin. Their valuation is insulting, especially given their public pursuit 

• Like 2