Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not a surprise is it? He was always capable of pulling a shitty move like this.

Do those people still think he is worth 100m?   :ph34r:

Yes. He’s already one of the best CBs around at 21 tied to a 5 year contract. We should minimum be getting what Villa got for Grealish.

• Like 1

The problem for Wes is, after the window shuts, he has few options - sulk and remain in the U23s - but then he has zero chance of getting into the French national team, and clubs will judge his character - what would stop him going to Chelsea and stropping when PSG or Madrid come calling. Alternatively, he quickly gets sorted, understands the bigger picture, and works hard and see what can happen in January.

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Who is Scott McKenna?

He's garbage and I'm a Scotland fan. 

Just for context... Scotland play with 3 CBs and he's probably 4th or 5th choice behind Kieran Tierney (not a CB) Scott McTominay (also not a CB) Grant Hanley and Liam Cooper...

• Thanks 1

Chelsea have pulled the plug on their bid to sign French defender Wesley Fofana, 21, after Leicester City rejected a third bid worth £70m including add-ons. (Sun)

I reckon the club are standing firm, and good on'um. £80m plus or no deal. Someone's done the math and knows Fofana's value to us until next summer, or at least next window if we get someone in/decide one of young'uns is ready to step up.

• Like 1

They will be back, they are trying another tactic. 

I firmly believe Fofana will be  a Chelsea player when the window closes.

I think we are just squeezing out any penny.

I think this get done around the 80m with some realistic add on to make it a world record for a defender.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Chelsea have pulled the plug on their bid to sign French defender Wesley Fofana, 21, after Leicester City rejected a third bid worth £70m including add-ons. (Sun)

Having ' principles ' is admirable but I believe the club may regret keeping such a disruptive influence . Would like £300,000 for my house but it's not going to happen. Fans are fickle but feel uncomfortable with the lad still being with us at the close of the window.

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think this will be done - it may even end up undisclosed fee

Reckon we will probably accept £70m (45m  paid upfront ) and add ons of £10m. (Which will probably be unlikely to be paid but we won’t reveal that info). 

I hope you are totally wrong.  Bad deal for us.

8 minutes ago, jerry said:

Having ' principles ' is admirable but I believe the club may regret keeping such a disruptive influence . Would like £300,000 for my house but it's not going to happen. Fans are fickle but feel uncomfortable with the lad still being with us at the close of the window.

Yes - but would you sell your house if you had no where else to live and all the hotels in the vicinity will charge you double their normal room rates as they know you are Donald Ducked?

Chelsea may have pulled out of the move but I think Paris St Germain will come in. I think they have played Chelsea real good here. They’ve used them to do all the donkey work and now they know a better range to start their own bidding from..

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Chelsea may have pulled out of the move but I think Paris St Germain will come in. I think they have played Chelsea real good here. They’ve used them to do all the donkey work and now they know a better range to start their own bidding from..

Would be totally fine with that. Different league, playing with Messi and Neymar not Mount and Chilwell ffs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Reckon we will probably accept £70m (45m  paid upfront ) and add ons of £10m. (Which will probably be unlikely to be paid but we won’t reveal that info). 

Thank god you arent on negotations

• Like 3

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Isn’t that the deal we turned down yesterday?

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, jerry said:

Chelsea playing the bully boy tactics to keep the price down if anything. Just 7-10 days ago £100mil was being touted. Now we’re talking like we’ll be grateful for 80. It’s just business; they’ll be back.

Edited by Clarkey123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Isn’t that the deal we turned down yesterday?

No, we turned down £60m plus 10 

9 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Thank god you arent on negotations

I wouldn’t accept it - I’m just giving you my opinion on what will happen.  We can say it’s a record fee for a defender (assuming add ons are met) and Chelsea will realistically only pay £70m because wes won’t win the world cup, premier league and Johnson paints trophy all in the same season …..

1 minute ago, Clarkey123 said:

Chelsea playing the bully boy tactics to keep the price down if anything. Just 7-10 days ago £100mil was being touted. Now we’re talking like we’ll be grateful for 80. It’s just business; they’ll be back.

Where ? 

if you mean here then that’s not the real world ….

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

No, we turned down £60m plus 10 

I wouldn’t accept it - I’m just giving you my opinion on what will happen.  We can say it’s a record fee for a defender (assuming add ons are met) and Chelsea will realistically only pay £70m because wes won’t win the world cup, premier league and Johnson paints trophy all in the same season …..

45 mil upfront? That is an appalling deal.😂 If we roll over for that then we might aswell just give up now

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Where ? 

if you mean here then that’s not the real world ….

Sky sports and a few other outlets were reporting the figure would be expected to be north of the Maguire fee. Now people are sitting here biting there nails because we turned down £60mil plus ludicrous add-ons when Chelsea bidding £60mil for Anthony Gordon 😂

Come on…:giggle:

• Like 1