Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I hope he goes now, to be honest. 

The lack of signings/outgoings is having an effect on the squad mentally, I feel. 

Not enough intensity in our play as there is too little competition for places, not enough pace on the right flank, and a lot of players who maybe are subconsciously not that bothered because they want to go or know that the club want them gone (I don't think there is anyone actively not trying, though).

Sell Fofana, sell Amartey for cheap, loan Vestergaard out for little to nothing, get Wright and Brunt out on loan and Soumare gone too. 

Soumare + quite a big wad of cash for Diop and Badiashele, and then another defender (maybe on loan) for cover. 

Big ask this late in the window, but I think some fresh blood would give us some impetus and belief that we've lacked in these early games. 

Even if we sell Fofana it won't be until very late on and there will be a loan incoming as cover for the sale.

There is no way we'll get any other deal across the line other than Fofana cover when he goes. We'll buy the replacement next summer. 

33 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

The lack of signings/outgoings is having an effect on the squad mentally, I feel. 

Not enough intensity in our play as there is too little competition for places, not enough pace on the right flank, and a lot of players who maybe are subconsciously not that bothered because they want to go or know that the club want them gone (I don't think there is anyone actively not trying, though).

Sell Fofana, sell Amartey for cheap, loan Vestergaard out for little to nothing, get Wright and Brunt out on loan and Soumare gone too. 

Soumare + quite a big wad of cash for Diop and Badiashele, and then another defender (maybe on loan) for cover. 

Big ask this late in the window, but I think some fresh blood would give us some impetus and belief that we've lacked in these early games. 

And Brendan too please.

34 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Would you trust Rodgers with a wad of cash this late on in the window? Hes the sort of bloke that would try buying Tyrone Mings for 40 million and Ainsley Maitland Niles for 20 

Edited by South Shire Fox

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

He's not that silly - he'd bid £35m plus add-ons for Mings. 

In all seriousness though, I just think we need to roll the dice and remove the Fofana situation from the club. 

Some fresh, hungry players with a point to prove might give the whole club and fans a lift. I think as @Damessays though, time is the issue. 

I just dont trust Rodgers at all with signings, anyone that signs now is going to be a panic buy. We’d be in a worse position with a weaker squad then we are now 

I don't care what they offer now. We won't get anybody decent in now so no sale.  Chelsea can go away with their bullish tactics. Wes will have to get his head down and get on with it. Don't sign a 5 year contract then......

The disrespect he is showing is bad enough to the club and fans that have supported him but what about the players? They welcomed him with open arms and helped him settle in. So disrespectful to them!

• Like 3

The club were brilliant with the Maguire deal - £80m and he's yours. Hopefully the same stance here. Pay the asking price or look elsewhere. We're in the driving seat, we just need to make sure our ducks are in a row for when that inevitable, last hour bid finally comes in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I hope the deal is dead.  We will have posted an important statement to the big clubs.

Fofana will simply have to get over it.  If he gets his head down and plays, someone will match our valuation and Chelsea might well end up kicking themselves.  (Hard, I hope).

I'd rather he went now but for the right deal else we'll be having this circus again in January and every window there after. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

I just dont trust Rodgers at all with signings, anyone that signs now is going to be a panic buy. We’d be in a worse position with a weaker squad then we are now 

Me neither. I would want Ric Flair to rubber stamp all future signings.  No yes from Ric - then bin off.

• Haha 1

For us and St Etienne to 

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

£64m in our back pockets. £16m for St Etienne. They've done well as they'll be close to making as much profit as we have! 

In fact more as I've not factored in our outlay on him. We'd need to sell for £100m + to share the spoils with St Etienne fairly. 

To get nearer to the magic number, Fofana can forfeit his loyalty (joke that is) Bonus and the incompetent leach that masquerades as his agent can and rebate to LCFC all his earnings from March contract (another joke).

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

Don't forget he rubber stamped Bertrand :ph34r:

Ok - I include a proviso in my suggestion - Ric cannot sign any players from other EPL Clubs.  Just from European Leagues and National League South.

53 minutes ago, Collymore said:

£64m in our back pockets. £16m for St Etienne. They've done well as they'll be close to making as much profit as we have! 

St Etienne get 20% of the profit not total price.

So 80m - 36.5m = 43.5m profit - 20% which is 8.7m.

So St Etienne make 8.7m profit 

We make 34.8m profit