Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

well, that’s still a decent profit we’ll be making. Probably be able to get 2 CBs with that money!

The actual profit on this guy would actually be in region of 29 million not bad but not what people think. You say 2 cbs, does that mean we get 2 Vestergaards for that profit?

Edited by Lesterlad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Wesley Fofana Is The Latest Lesson That You Can't Bully Leicester City

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/wesley-fofana-is-the-latest-lesson-that-you-can-t-bully-leicester-city

Very good read. Thanks for posting. Nice to some sensible balanced journalism as opposed to bollox tweets and News Now garbage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finn Claw II said:

Fofana will want to play - if only to get his next move / get into the French squad for the World Cup.

Either get £80m+ in the next week or get him in the team post 1st September.  He and we won’t let him rot in the reserves 

I know we obviously will take the money in the end but part of me wants him to rot in the reserves for 5 years. Teach dickheads like him a lesson. Shut up, do your job and honour the contract. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not an impossible position, as Boehly cannot make us accept any offers he cares to make. As for the tapping up, ESL Clubs are subject to different rules to the 14 non- members. The FA will do f-all.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I hope the Italian fa don’t read that - lookman has already played twice for Atalanta …..

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Not an impossible position, as Boehly cannot make us accept any offers he cares to make. As for the tapping up, ESL Clubs are subject to different rules to the 14 non- members. The FA will do f-all.

This was my favourite part of the article, a section which every non-LCFC fan will do well to comprehend... 

They simply have no obligation to sell for a single penny lower than the price that they consider acceptable. And if some people are suggesting that they should ‘soften their stance’, it might be countered that they have already softened it by moving from ‘not for sale’ to ‘at least £80m’.

Also, its impossible because he goes on to say that we may have a disruptive player until January if he's not sold. Leaves a sour taste in the mouth that we have his talent of player rotting in the reserves (through his own means or not) when we could be doing with him on the pitch. So it kind of is an impossible position. 

I also liked this part of the article:

The Premier League should at least be doing something to try curtail this culture of tapping-up, because sitting on their hands in the way that they do looks from here like tacit approval of breaking their own rules.

It's quite obviously a pipe dream to think PL will do anything of the sort, but one can hope! 

• Like 3

Totally understand the desire to make Chelsea every last penny we ask for in the Fofana interest, but it makes me furious that we lose whatever happens. Either he stays and it likely has an impact in the short term at least, or he goes and we have somehow settled or cannot get replacements in time.

Something should be done but it won’t (Why was Liverpool and Van Dijk any different?)

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Totally understand the desire to make Chelsea every last penny we ask for in the Fofana interest, but it makes me furious that we lose whatever happens. Either he stays and it likely has an impact in the short term at least, or he goes and we have somehow settled or cannot get replacements in time.

Something should be done but it won’t (Why was Liverpool and Van Dijk any different?)

Because VVd and klopp had meetings without soton’s permission 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Fofana will want to play - if only to get his next move / get into the French squad for the World Cup.

Either get £80m+ in the next week or get him in the team post 1st September.  He and we won’t let him rot in the reserves 

especially if we’ve let youri trot around for the best part of a year and made him captain for it 😂 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If I remember correctly Southampton successfully blocked the transfer during the summer window, so Van Dijk had to stay. He then played half heartedly for the first half of the season before going to Liverpool in the January window. The thing in our favour with Fofana is that there is a winter World Cup which he wants to play in. So even if he is forced to stay he has a really strong motivation to play well for us.

• Like 4