Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

I think this whole saga is the perfect example of why the window should close before the season starts. We wouldn't have a player missing games because he's pushing for a move. 

But it would only work if all the windows across Europe shut. Not the half arsed way they done it before. Otherwise it would just be a spanish/french/Italian team unsettling him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This, unfortunately. This moron hasn’t started to skip training session because he has a cold. He’s being a good little lap dog and following orders to bring that price down. 

The least bit of respect he should’ve shown us is to allow us to negotiate this deal on our terms. We should’ve left him on the pitch after that tackle. 

He’s a ****ing disgrace but we should have expected it the way he joined us. 

What really frustrates me is he is literally refusing to do his job and still gets paid. In what world is that not a breach of contract? 

• Like 1

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

Chalobah wants to leave on loan if they get Fofana, wouldn't be a bad shout as part of the deal assuming they pay what we want.

Apparently he wants more game time, do we think he could take Fofana’s starting spot?

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Chelsea will not pay what we are supposedly asking and Fofana's recent behaviour has reinforced that. There is a strange dichotomy on here , we don't want to sell him from many because of the weakness of our defense - we do want to sell him because we are absolutely desperate for money from others. If there was a competition for his signing ,we would be in a stronger position but there is not.  In my opinion , if we are desperate for money , we will have to blink first.

...I  do not feel we are desperate for money, we just need to take advantage of the situation!!!

We have an asset that could bring in something like we envisage that he could, and a buyer looking to to build a team, (who are either money laundering or feel they can get whoever the wish), we need to give them what they want and for us to get what we want from the deal.

It is all very well saying we have potentially the best CB in the world, we all know how easily that can be taken away from you, there is no guarantee.

The way this team is functioning at the moment,  we are not likely to miss him, and there are much more cheaper players out there who can do a job.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The least bit of respect he should’ve shown us is to allow us to negotiate this deal on our terms. We should’ve left him on the pitch after that tackle. 

.. got to say this is an extreme viewpoint on this, even if it is just a rant!!!

I must say I cannot get too worked up about this, all I  want is the £100m before the window closes.

I was absolutely gutted when he received that tackle as was all on this forum,  he has battled back to hit the ground running. I cannot wish that moment against any player, we knew he had form in encouraging suitors, it works both ways.

Reluctantly, having got this far down the line,  I think it would be best if the move goes ahead for a decent upfront fee around £70m. If our start to the season had been better I would be thinking differently but the team needs the boost of some new faces and the sooner the better.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. got to say this is an extreme viewpoint on this, even if it is just a rant!!!

I must say I cannot get too worked up about this, all I  want is the £100m before the window closes.

I was absolutely gutted when he received that tackle as was all on this forum,  he has battled back to hit the ground running. I cannot wish that moment against any player, we knew he had form in encouraging suitors, it works both ways.

If you want your £100m you probably need Wesley to play ball too. At this moment in time, he is useless as a footballer for Leicester City. We can’t play him. 

I don’t mind him being sold - I’ve said that elsewhere. I even understand the appeal of Chelsea and the want to better yourself. I’ve done the same in my career, many times. 

However, we are now on the back foot - despite the 5 year contract. Chelsea know full well that Fofana is of no use to Leicester in the under 23s, missing training. If the thought is he is doing this for any other reason apart from being told to do so, that is naive. 

I'm honestly finding it difficult to be too pissed off with the kids to be honest. That may be due to my own current ambivalence to the club but to me he's just being a modern day footballer. There's no loyalty in modern day football anymore from any parties

19 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Pretty clear this will be a done deal next week. Leicester won’t accept anything before the game on Saturday

No way on earth he goes. We won't have time to bring in reinforcements. 

9 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Reluctantly, having got this far down the line,  I think it would be best if the move goes ahead for a decent upfront fee around £70m. If our start to the season had been better I would be thinking differently but the team needs the boost of some new faces and the sooner the better.

Sell for lower fee and end up paying more for inferior replacements due to Chelsea´s antics? Screw Chelsea and milk them for every cent or keep.

13 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Disagree. He's worth more than that and it just reinforces the idea that big clubs can bully the rest into weak positions 

• Like 2