Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If you want your £100m you probably need Wesley to play ball too. At this moment in time, he is useless as a footballer for Leicester City. We can’t play him. 

I don’t mind him being sold - I’ve said that elsewhere. I even understand the appeal of Chelsea and the want to better yourself. I’ve done the same in my career, many times. 

However, we are now on the back foot - despite the 5 year contract. Chelsea know full well that Fofana is of no use to Leicester in the under 23s, missing training. If the thought is he is doing this for any other reason apart from being told to do so, that is naive. 

.. whether he has been instructed by Chelsea to down  tools and refuse to play, it really only matters if they fail to meet our figure by the end of the month!!!

Once that window closes and he is still here, his options go out the window and he will need to play.

Leaving him to play with the U21s, would be a form of punishment, but there will be a coming together where he becomes integrated back into the team.

What’s going on is a simple game of chicken.

• We know they want Fofana
  • They know we need money
  • We are holding out for a proper fee
  • They are trying to get him cheap
  • Time is running out 
  • They are banking on us accepting less because we need to sort other transfers in time
  • We are banking on them caving because they don’t want to miss out on the player
Edited by Saxondale
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Cave in on this and it will set the tone for every outbound transfer thereafter. The implications of how this pans out are huge for LCFC. The bigger picture is more important than Fofana and Chelsea.

Spot on. For this reason we must not blink. Even off we then have to deal with a stroppy 21 year old. He'll get over it. He has to if he wants to make the World Cup. 

• Like 1

£75m and Trevoh Chalobah would be a fantastic deal tbh. I really rate him. Honestly think price tags distort ability of players. Charlobah is a really good player. I'm not saying he's as good as Fofana, but he has potential to be an international centre back. Strong, good pace, good in the air. I personally would rate him higher than Amartey.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Dangerous game being played by Chelsea, clubs now know we are prepared to sell and have an indication of what price we will sell at. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if another club or clubs come in and hijack the deal whilst Chelsea fanny about trying to negotiate a lower price. 

There has been no other interest in him whatsoever and its time some on here got realistic about Wesley Fofana . He is not De Ligt or Dias , he is still a pretty raw kid with a suspect temperament. His potential is just that , a possibility not yet a probability.

2 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I think Rudkin generally has done a good job over the past few years - we have retained lots of talent and attracted a lot too - like any club some deals do not work and I am absolutely sure we gave more input to BR than anyone in the past 10 years and look what has happened !

That will not have only been a JR decision and the board would have agreed it plus they backed the step up in Manager as BR was definitely a step up however like at Celtic and Liverpool he has a ceiling ......he has hit it here and some of the signings were disappointing and against the previous ethos ....i do not think we will make those mistakes again and hence I am sure some of the reason BR is unhappy is that the board are being tighter as we refresh.

I trust the board and genuinely believe this reset has started which is about finances but I also think it will lead to BR leaving .....the owners have not got much wrong and when they do they are brave to correct it....I think this season could be bumpy and hopefully it will not be at the expense of top flight football but if it means we have a poor season whilst we reset including manager change so be it ......it is needed and we need to clear out players but also remain financially stable!

A sensible look at things but supporters will not accept defeat while we go through the process. Any new manager who makes a poor start will be given no time and we could end up in a Watford situation of changing managers every few months.

I think there is a case for pragmatism with this transfer. We can all see that confidence is rock bottom in the current squad and £5-10 million is nothing compared to the cost of relegation or a place just above the drop zone. So maybe £70 million is not enough  without add ons but if it falls through we could be left with no funds to strengthen the side and a unhappy player not focussed either which won't help his saleability later. I'm sure these are the discussions that will be going on with the owners and manager.

10 hours ago, deep blue said:

Surely we can stipulate a time limit on allowing Fofana to leave?

Of course we can. We don't need to tell anyone either. We're the selling club, we can ask for whatever we want; bags of Haribo,  couple of bits of camembert, red gummy bears...

Just looked at their main forum....seems their fans have changed their tune and want the deal done.

They reckon there's not point bickering over 10-20m  as they reckon he's going to be picked up by Man city or Real Madrid next summer.

They reckon he's not your average defender (Cucurella) and will be a superstar whose going to give any club a decade.

100m please and a percentage sell on fee which we will get when he's had enough of Chelsea and wants to go to Madrid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

£75m and Trevoh Chalobah would be a fantastic deal tbh. I really rate him. Honestly think price tags distort ability of players. Charlobah is a really good player. I'm not saying he's as good as Fofana, but he has potential to be an international centre back. Strong, good pace, good in the air. I personally would rate him higher than Amartey.

....to be honest, that is setting the bar very low!!!

It is one way to help the situation, without having to go elsewhere to negotiate a transfer but there are much better players out there. The fact that Colwill would have been a good make weight to complete this deal, and Chelsea chose to send him elsewhere, you can't blame us for this protracted deal.

• Like 2

If I was in charge I would be contacting Chelsea today and telling them it’s £85m today or nothing. They can’t be coming back to us on deadline day thinking we’ll be happy to sell for £75m just because he’s kicked off. The little **** will stop sulking in time for Brighton away if he actually wants to get in to the France WC squad. We don’t have time to find two CBs (which is what we need) between now and the end of the window if he goes after today. 

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Like 1