Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

19 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Isn’t it their 4th bid? Or have I miscounted? 

Either way Susan needs to say “£80m+ or just stop insulting us”

Actually interesting Susan is dealing with it, and not Rudkin….hmmmm

I'd imagine Rudkin is still involved, but Whelan probably has the ultimate final say.

4 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

The extra £10m was very unlikely to be received in the previous bid so whether there add-ons are more realistic will be key. 

Chelsea are edging towards the fee we want now. 

The only realistic add on right now will just be avoiding relegation 

Preparing another proposal sounds like they are still not going to offer what we allegedly want.  Probably another low ball offer.  I think we are all sick of this aren’t we.  What a shocking start to the season it has been.

3 minutes ago, matty98 said:

75m could get us a couple of decent CBs and a winger. Seems a fair price to me.

I think it was mentioned a few days back that 50% will be available in the transfer kity and 50% will go to other expenses such as the sell on fee and balancing the books. 

If the club are going to come to an agreement with Chelsea then so beit. All I would insist on is that the deal is finalised and signed by the weekend so that we have at least some time to bring some players in.

He is not worth more than 75m now in my opinion, he may be worth 100m+ in the future though, but I am not convinced not selling him now is worth 75m

Would sell and provide the minimum to the transfer team, saving as much as possible until Martin arrives, ideally until next Summer when many contracts expire

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

He is not worth more than 75m now in my opinion, he may be worth 100m+ in the future though, but I am not convinced not selling him now is worth 75m

Would sell and provide the minimum to the transfer team, saving as much as possible until Martin arrives, ideally until next Summer when many contracts expire

We simply cannot go lower than our initial stance of world record fee or **** off out of principle

all that would do is show players that if they kick up a fuss, we'll lower our valuation and get rid, no matter the fact they just signed a new deal 3 months ago

• Like 2

I predict the next offer will be the same as the last one but £5m more on the upfront fee (£65m) 

the add ons probably the same  (hence the media will say ‘take the 75 …..you’re being unreasonable…… we should really get the message out there on the add ons if they’re the same) 

they are banking that we will accept because we need a few days to get some deals done on the back of it 

stand firm Susan! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I predict the next offer will be the same as the last one but £5m more on the upfront fee (£65m) 

the add ons probably the same  (hence the media will say ‘take the 75 …..you’re being unreasonable…… we should really get the message out there on the add ons if they’re the same) 

they are banking that we will accept because we need a few days to get some deals done on the back of it 

stand firm Susan! 

If there’s anyone with no Fuchs given, I think it’s Susan. In Susan we trust 

Edited by fox_favourite

Just now, LFox99 said:

We simply cannot go lower than our initial stance of world record fee or **** off out of principle

all that would do is show players that if they kick up a fuss, we'll lower our valuation and get rid, no matter the fact they just signed a new deal 3 months ago

Hubris is a mugs game, we have made them work, we have not made it easy, we have continually rebuffed their low balling, and we have had them raise it about 20m

We have already done as you described many times, with Chilwell,Mahrez, there is always compromise, the only other was Maguire and that being an outlier and that was not even remotely realistic- it was just an unrepeatable deal

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Why should they get an unbelievable deal at 75m it’s far to cheap in the current climate ffs. He’s worth more and just for him being a dick I’d slap another 5m on plus I’d dock him a couple of weeks wages. 

The current climate in which it would make him the third most expensive defender of all time, and more expensive than players on the continent with far more experience and proven ability than he?

• Like 1