Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Ake is Dutch. 

I think it comes down to how much Chelsea want him and if they see him as a mainstay of their defence for the next 10 years. 

If they decide they want him that much, they will pay the money we want or as close to it as we see acceptable.

Nationality doesn't matter. It's spending a certain number of years before a certain age (3 years before 19 maybe I forget) being trained in a nation. Ake is classed as being trained at Chelsea so is homegrown as much as anyone else for UEFA competitions. I can remember it being one of the main reasons Man City signed him. 

Reports say we are asking for at least 70 million and the main point is for a CB I think that would be about the ceiling and a good fee. I will add that if it could be avoided I would prefer to keep him. 

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

colwill hasn't travelled to italy for chelsea's friendly ......

11 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Going to Southampton

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Got dropped off out the plane right into St Mary's... 

3 minutes ago, Jack25 said:

Chelsea fan visiting in peace.

Colwill's injured. Missed the last pre-season game too.

thanks

did he get injured in a game or in training ??

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

There we go.  I reckon you are probably £10-15m short of what we would quote. Certainly not too far away from the figure you were deriding of £100m.

Quote all you want you aren’t getting £100m. Deluded. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jack25 said:

Training as far as I know.

convenient .........

tbh, i'm sure its genuine.  i wonder if fofana has picked up a muscle strain and will miss sunday's game?  based on our previous, we will play him if chelsea are messing about on valuation (or obvs if there is nothing going on).

53 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Why are so many on here so keen to sell anybody who attracts even a dodgy tweet.Every day it is somebody else, it was Barnes a week ago.The club is not bankrupt and we are not having a fire sale. You know some I think would sell a quality young player like Fofana so we could spend it on some teenage winger with a daft haircut and ambitions to own a Porsche. Who will then score two goals in season. 

I don’t think anyones keen on the club selling him, I’m certainly not. Just going on our business model over the last 5 years, you wouldn’t bet against it if the right offer comes in…

19 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I'm worried about our defense now, we didn't plan on him leaving this summer 😠

Worry if we sell him. Worry more if we sign Bednarek as his replacement. 

Worry further if we get injuries to Soy, Evans, JJ, Castagne and Thomas.

Don't worry when you get a bet on us to lose 9-0 and never have to work again.

Every cloud...

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Why are so many on here so keen to sell anybody who attracts even a dodgy tweet.Every day it is somebody else, it was Barnes a week ago.The club is not bankrupt and we are not having a fire sale. You know some I think would sell a quality young player like Fofana so we could spend it on some teenage winger with a daft haircut and ambitions to own a Porsche. Who will then score two goals in season. 

I think it's because we all anticipate he wants the move. What's the point in getting nasty with the player, think we have to accept we are at present and likely into the future a stepping stone. It would take us a mountain of work to keep a player from turning his head when Chelsea come calling, so we might as well hope the club can fleece Chelsea as much as possible and move on

52 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Who we getting to replace him....it's about late now.

Read yesterday that Brendan wanted South Korean Kim Min Jae but the board wouldn't sanction it.

In The Express who aren’t noted for getting anything right let alone the internal politics of our club.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

In The Express who aren’t noted for getting anything right let alone the internal politics of our club.

I could make a really viscous comment about people who read this rag, but I will exercise some self control - for once.

• Like 1