Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just accept the 75 if it does materialise. No point bean counting over a player who doesn’t want to be here. No time for letting players just take up space on the wage bill. Not to mention the fact that if he stays, it’s literally all that will get talked about for the rest of the season and we have enough bother as it is.

Edited by kingkisnorbo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Just accept the 75 if it does materialise. No point bean counting over a player who doesn’t want to be here. No time for letting players just take up space on the wage bill. Not to mention the fact that if he stays, it’s literally all that will get talked about for the rest of the season and we have enough bother as it is.

Not bean counting - 10-15 million is a huge amount for us, and remember, their bid is more like 60-65m with the rest add-ons that might not be realistic. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

In the past few days I’ve been thinking about whether the club should take £75m and be done with it. Tonight, I’m starting to think we should just reject any offer because it’s Chelsea… and if Fofana don’t like it, he can train on his own until he gets back on board! 

Chelsea are always trying to muscle teams with transfers, about time someone stood up to them and said no!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not bean counting - 10-15 million is a huge amount for us, and remember, their bid is more like 60-65m with the rest add-ons that might not be realistic. 

Don’t understand this obsession with the fee at this stage. I find it baffling that some of you want a player sitting around sulking  and losing value for the sake of 10 million quid. Get rid. Unless you want to die for that badge, you shouldn’t be anywhere near that squad. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

You’d rather have an extra 10 million quid and a player not arsed about us? Bonkers. 

It majorly impacts who we can replace him with before the window closes, given our financial situation and St Etienne take a cut. 

We have a valuation, Chelsea should sh*t or bust. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Don’t understand this obsession with the fee at this stage. I find it baffling that some of you want a player sitting around sulking  and losing value for the sake of 10 million quid. Get rid. Unless you want to die for that badge, you shouldn’t be anywhere near that squad. 

Indeed, we already have enough players counting down the days until they can get out of here. We need to get some commitment back in the team.

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

The current climate in which it would make him the third most expensive defender of all time, and more expensive than players on the continent with far more experience and proven ability than he?

He’s 21 that’s why it’s should be more, he’ll be a top player by the age of 23 he’s up there now. 80m plus 10 add ons or no deal in my opinion 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

He’s 21 that’s why it’s should be more, he’ll be a top player by the age of 23 he’s up there now. 80m plus 10 add ons or no deal in my opinion 

Proven ability pays more than potential.

I hate the kid as much as anyone else for how he is acting but I don't believe for a second that if any of you were approached by your current jobs competitor who were bigger, in a better market and were offering double to triple your salary to do the same job, that you wouldn't be doing exactly the same. Not condoning it but I can't see anyone arguing otherwise.

18 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I hate the kid as much as anyone else for how he is acting but I don't believe for a second that if any of you were approached by your current jobs competitor who were bigger, in a better market and were offering double to triple your salary to do the same job, that you wouldn't be doing exactly the same. Not condoning it but I can't see anyone arguing otherwise.

It's just not the same though, is it? Staff don't tend to yield a transfer fee. You are normally commiting to a notice period, so if you sighed a 5 year contract, you can leave. When you view wages, it's through the lens of a usual wage level, where 2 years worth isn't retirement money!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Anyone know how much we have paid Fofana since his arrival? Transfer fee, wages, etc. The fee would have in part have been amortised I assume?

The fee is amortised in the accounts but we still have to pay ASSE the fee agreed inc any add ons on the agreed schedule. I believe that even if we sell him the schedule of payments to them stays the same. hence you can making payments on a player you no longer hold registration on. If you get money up front on sale then that’s good for cash flow! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1