Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

12 minutes ago, stu said:

Don't necessarily disagree, but it may also stop talent coming to us if they feel and are told by others we block players furthering their career. There is a balance that needs to be struck.

We arent blocking their careers, weve told Chelsea the price, 80 million is very fair in todays market for a 21 year old whos potentially going to be one of the best defenders in the world in the next few years. We hold out for every penny demanded, this is happening on our terms, not theirs. People roll over far too easily, any sign of weakness reducing the price shows that theyve won 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Far too much of the ‘im bored of this now so lets just sell him for cheaper attitude’. Do people not understand that would show that Fofana and Chelseas antics have worked in lowering the price so shows future buyers a way of getting our players cheaper? You stay strong and take every penny you demanded so the next little shit that comes along thinks twice about trying it.

💯 

This is starting to remind me of when Mr Singh offered me 150k for an house I was selling many years ago and I told him 165k was the lowest I’d go. For the next two weeks he’d re appear with a tiny increase until finally a different Mr Singh offered 165k and ultimately bought the house. Hopefully a different club will all of a sudden come in with an offer we want. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Six days to go so no way are quality players going to be made available to us unless we pay really big money and then said players may not want to come to a malfunctioning team with a failing manager. Not looking good is it.

You are right it’s a challenge - but it’s not come out of the blue for our recruitment team / the Board and so plans should be in place.

I would have pushed Chelsea to help solve the problem they have created by including loan players/ a permanent deal in the package. If they want Wes they need to help us make it work.

Edited by JimmyC74

43 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

You would hope that we have already lined up a replacement (Akanji or whoever) and can close out any deal in parallel (if not before) we agree the deal with Chelsea. To my mind, as we are in the box seat, we should have insisted on Gallagher / Chabolah as part of a deal.

we need to move on, re-energise and restart the season. Up the citeh!!!

Touché my foxes friend. 

Geerrreemmiinnn!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Hmm.. what do you reckon it is? 

I just think (just guessing) that we've never actually said "it's + £80m or nothing", so we just need a bid that is acceptable. I think if we get a bid of £75m, maybe structured £60m up front, that this might suffice. This is all on the proviso, that we have someone lined up. That's why the Akanji rumour probably has legs, as it may have been leaked. I just can't believe we would sanction a sale of one of our starting eleven without there being another bought in before said sale! Surely this won't be the case this time.... again. Surely we've learned that mistake....surely!

9 minutes ago, Phenom said:

75+Chalobah+Ziyech on loan with an option.

You can only have 1 player on loan from a club (irrespective of the illogical nature of what you posted!) 

they ain’t paying 75 at the moment so they won’t be chucking more than one player into any deal 

Chelsea need to be told pay the asking price or don’t bother coming back. If Fofana stays he’s going to have no choice but to get on with it. Carrying on sulking isn’t going to do him any favours.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/leicester-city/12681786/is-brendan-rodgers-handling-the-wesley-fofana-transfer-speculation-correctly

finally a sky sports reporter thats telling facts. respect the club and respect the contract, ****ing ****. godi hope the fans give him shit for this behavior. #noloyalty

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Simoken said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/leicester-city/12681786/is-brendan-rodgers-handling-the-wesley-fofana-transfer-speculation-correctly

finally a sky sports reporter thats telling facts. respect the club and respect the contract, ****ing ****. godi hope the fans give him shit for this behavior. #noloyalty

Not all douchebags wear turtlenecks

• Haha 2

Transfer strategy for Fofana:

It's 80mil today.

Every day closer to deadline day it gets we add 5mil

Saturday 85mil

Sunday 90mil

Etc etc, if they want him this is our pricing structure for the deal.  We need to insure ourselves against having to overpay for a replacement.

Then really talk up how great he is and how much we'd like him to stay but if he goes we understand etc etc. 

We have the power, 5 years of it. We should use it flex it or whatever.  Otherwise this situation will probably repeat itself with our next exceptional talent whoever that maybe.

Plus..Him training with the u23s could be a good thing for our academy players, and he could make some pals, learn a bit of humility maybe. 

11 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Transfer strategy for Fofana:

It's 80mil today.

Every day closer to deadline day it gets we add 5mil

Saturday 85mil

Sunday 90mil

Etc etc, if they want him this is our pricing structure for the deal.  We need to insure ourselves against having to overpay for a replacement.

Then really talk up how great he is and how much we'd like him to stay but if he goes we understand etc etc. 

We have the power, 5 years of it. We should use it flex it or whatever.  Otherwise this situation will probably repeat itself with our next exceptional talent whoever that maybe.

Plus..Him training with the u23s could be a good thing for our academy players, and he could make some pals, learn a bit of humility maybe. 

Cannot believe people think this is actually a realistic scenario, there is a good reason nobody acts in this self destructive manner