Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

@moore_94   Are you aware of the consequences Chelsea potentially face for the tapping up?

There hasn’t really been anything happen for a while - Liverpool got away with it by pulling out of going for Van Dijk and publicly apologising

There have been a few occasions where some managers and players have received fines

It isn’t really controlled tbh - I expect IF we kicked off about it it would just go the same as Liverpool / Van Dijk

Youth tapping up is where there is a bit more control over it, teams get banned from buying youth players for a couple of years etc.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dannythefox said:

He’s 21 that’s why it’s should be more, he’ll be a top player by the age of 23 he’s up there now. 80m plus 10 add ons or no deal in my opinion 

...we picked him up when he was 19 years old and paid £35m for him, why should we accept a £35m profit (less sell-on fee) after we have developed him!!!

The big boys do not need to take the risk of developing talent, they can always step in and buy it. £35m (for us) would be like Chelsea paying £120m it is a chunk of money but an investment. They have a very good margin to sell on to Barca or Real down the line, he is 21 after all, we are not taking food from out of their mouths.

Just imagine if he had come through the Chelsea academy, how much do you think they would price him at!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.
  • Like 1

I don't get people complaining about "tapping up"

Rodgers said in an interview that he was actively trying to convince players to join us over the summer. I can't imagine they were all free agents. This will happen with all deals.

Everyone will do it, there's no point making an offer for a player if they have no interest in joining you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

To be honest, as much as I'd love him and Chelsea to not get the move given their actions throughout...we have got to be pragmatic and consider what is best for the club. For the sake of £5m-ish I'd probably look to move him on and strengthen elsewhere.

Brendan needs to show pragmatism too though. If you want a player with something to prove then just accept Soyuncu as the 1 year stop gap with the Fofana loss. He has been way off form but he's a much better player than Amartey and was going to be in our first choice back two before injury presented Fofana with the chance.

We can then use some money to improve the squad elsewhere. Get some young hungry players in with resale value. Let the new head of recruitment have 12 months to find us the Fofana replacement.

...we would all like to see new faces, but the dogma and football principles will still be there!!!

You won't change the mood until you remove the malaise that is making us unwell.

3 hours ago, stu said:

Don't necessarily disagree, but it may also stop talent coming to us if they feel and are told by others we block players furthering their career. There is a balance that needs to be struck.

...we seem to polish talent and let it shine, we are an ideal stepping stone for players to come!!!

Unfortunately, we are debating a player wishing to leave, having recently signed a contract, it works both ways. We can make you better, we can also discuss when you leave

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we picked him up when he was 19 years old and paid £35m for him, why should we accept a £35m profit (less sell-on fee) after we have developed him!!!

The big boys do not need to take the risk of developing talent, they can always step in and buy it. £35m (for us) would be like Chelsea paying £120m it is a chunk of money but an investment. They have a very good margin to sell on to Barca or Real down the line, he is 21 after all, we are not taking food from out of their mouths.

Just imagine if he had come through the Chelsea academy, how much do you think they would price him at!!

They'd be letting him leave on a free ........  weird club .....

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

"90mins" now saying Chelsea's fourth bid will be £77m with £3m add-ons. I'm guessing that'll be accepted, if true.

I expect it will depend on how much of that £77m is structured as well though

Like with Maguire I would expect we would want most, if not all of it in one go

• Like 3

What’s all this add ons bolox ..  we can’t buy a new player with add ons !  ..  £85m cash now please you self entitled capital city cvnts or you can do one ..  and the child can train with the youth team till someone buys the little sh1t. 

• Like 1