Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

35 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

"90mins" now saying Chelsea's fourth bid will be £77m with £3m add-ons. I'm guessing that'll be accepted, if true.

If the add ons are £3m and a quid then I agree with you (it will be an £80m deal as the media seems not to care what constitutes the add ons ) 

and if we can get the majority of the £77 upfront all the better 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Just that some of the prices stated would deter any prospects from joining as they are effectively being priced out of ‘next step’ moves

Undoubtedly has an impact. If we are seen as difficult for the next move (whether we are or not), it makes one think twice. Mahrez said it. Fofana has said it. I dont believe on either occasion those two players were correct but it will influence a certain type of player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we picked him up when he was 19 years old and paid £35m for him, why should we accept a £35m profit (less sell-on fee) after we have developed him!!!

The big boys do not need to take the risk of developing talent, they can always step in and buy it. £35m (for us) would be like Chelsea paying £120m it is a chunk of money but an investment. They have a very good margin to sell on to Barca or Real down the line, he is 21 after all, we are not taking food from out of their mouths.

Just imagine if he had come through the Chelsea academy, how much do you think they would price him at!!

Completely agree.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Undoubtedly has an impact. If we are seen as difficult for the next move (whether we are or not), it makes one think twice. Mahrez said it. Fofana has said it. I dont believe on either occasion those two players were correct but it will influence a certain type of player. 

I've said it before and at the risk of sounding like a broken record I'll say it again.

I think this point is being overstated.  Fofana, clearly ambitious, came to Leicester despite what happened with Mahrez.  Fofana has just signed a new contract and has played a limited number of games for us and is pushing for a move at a difficult moment in the transfer window.  It is patently obvious to any player with a modicum of sense we aren't acting unreasonably here.  Our record shows we are a selling club, we are (currently) an attractive prospect for players wanting to make the stepping stone to 'bigger clubs'.

I personally think we should sell him now, but one thing that shouldn't be a consideration in our price point is whether or not it might put off another mercenary bar steward joining us at some point in the future.  Squeeze Chelsea until the pips squeak.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I've said it before and at the risk of sounding like a broken record I'll say it again.

I think this point is being overstated.  Fofana, clearly ambitious, came to Leicester despite what happened with Mahrez.  Fofana has just signed a new contract and has played a limited number of games for us and is pushing for a move at a difficult moment in the transfer window.  It is patently obvious to any player with a modicum of sense we aren't acting unreasonably here.  Our record shows we are a selling club, we are (currently) an attractive prospect for players wanting to make the stepping stone to 'bigger clubs'.

I personally think we should sell him now, but one thing that shouldn't be a consideration in our price point is whether or not it might put off another mercenary bar steward joining us at some point in the future.  Squeeze Chelsea until the pips squeak.   

Let’s look at the trend of players running down contracts, let’s see how it starts impacting us more and more and then pretend it’s not having an impact. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I agree with all your points. 

However, if you are considering a move to say West Ham and Leicester and grew up in the France, played with Wes or Riyad and you gauge their opinion - What is Leicester like - its great, good facilities but hard to get out (these were words Riyad used when we turned down the Man C Jan bid. You take note. It doesnt mean we are killing our rep but the point the original poster made on effecting our rep with a certain type of player is probably a risk - a risk that is ok to take - the question is, do we want that type of player. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

I agree with all your points. 

However, if you are considering a move to say West Ham and Leicester and grew up in the France, played with Wes or Riyad and you gauge their opinion - What is Leicester like - its great, good facilities but hard to get out (these were words Riyad used when we turned down the Man C Jan bid. You take note. It doesnt mean we are killing our rep but the point the original poster made on effecting our rep with a certain type of player is probably a risk - a risk that is ok to take - the question is, do we want that type of player. 

Take your point.  My view is no we absolutely don't want that type of player.  

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Let’s look at the trend of players running down contracts, let’s see how it starts impacting us more and more and then pretend it’s not having an impact. 

We were talking about a player who's just signed a five year contract and the impact of other players being willing to join if we hold out for more money.  

I agree players running down contracts will be more of an issue in the future but I am struggling to see the relevance to my post.  I think it's fairly clear Fofana isn't going to run down his contract. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

So a player wouldn't join us because we over value our players when it comes to selling them?

I think you need to look at the circumstances here. Bad injury, we supported him brilliantly, gave him security with a long term contract and now he has fuched us over with his abhorrent behavior.   Are we doing anything wrong trying to screw Boehly?? As the legendary Spuds supporter said. “You do the maths”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just that some of the prices stated would deter any prospects from joining as they are effectively being priced out of ‘next step’ moves

Nahh come off it, is there an example of a club that this is problem for? People still sign for spurs even though they don't let Kane go.

Is this why we can't we sign anyone good, because we didn't let Mahrez leave when he first asked?

Lads been watching too much ssn

Just now, Ric Flair said:

What goes in our favour is we have a reputation for developing players, paying them very well along the way and although we negotiate strong, we do sell at the right price rather than continue to reject offers. I can't recall a player whose been denied a move in the last 5 years here who then stayed here or left to an inferior club later down the line.

Who have we really kept though for more than one window? Only really Mahrez and he's not done badly. Probably missing someone bloody obvious but it's late Friday afternoon and my heads done for the week.

• Like 1