Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

It happens to all clubs though. Just look at Chelsea. The only reason they need to sign Fofana is because Rudiger and Christensen ran down their contracts and left on a free and they were paying them both a fortune in wages. It's not just a Leicester problem.

But it impacts us more as we don’t have the money to just go and replace them. It’s happening because clubs ask massive fees and don’t want to let players go, so they are taking it back into their own hands. 

2 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

Why does everyone think £80M will be accepted when the only noise coming out of the club is that he's not for sale?

i think because every man and his dog can see that we are not remotely close to a salvageable situation.

We can spite him and have him sulk the place out for a year before selling him for less than we have been offered or do exactly what i think the club are doing and trying to squeeze every last penny they can from it. 

Player power is too strong to ignore these days 

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wouldn't be the first time a team signs a player after a loan to then sell on for a profit

We have previous interest in him as well

i was about to say exactly this. they’d absolutely take a €10m profit 

I'm torn. I don't really want him playing for us again as he's a total bell end and has yet again showed his true colours. Of course we were all happy for him to kick up a stink at St Etienne as it benefited us but he signed a 5 year deal only a few months ago, after coming back from a broken leg, so the whole fiasco leaves a sour taste. I don't ever want him to pull on our shirt again but I also don't want to bend over yo Chelsea and their under handed ways of transfer business. If they think Gordon (who is incredibly average at best) is worth £60m, then how is a potential generational talent worth similar money? The fact they've let it rumble on until the end of the transfer window also leaves a sour taste, bearing in mind they massively increased their offer to sign Cucurella to get it done early. 

A. Sell now for below our asking price and replace him. 

B. Flip Chelsea off for being utter nob head and keep a player who we don't want and he doesn't want to play for us. 

Tough call

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Undoubtedly has an impact. If we are seen as difficult for the next move (whether we are or not), it makes one think twice. Mahrez said it. Fofana has said it. I dont believe on either occasion those two players were correct but it will influence a certain type of player. 

However, Chilwell didn't say it, nor did Maguire.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just that some of the prices stated would deter any prospects from joining as they are effectively being priced out of ‘next step’ moves

The world record Maguire fee didn't stop Fofana joining us!

3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

This will get resolved tomorrow in the Chelsea boardroom, Whelan Vs Boehly straight negotiation.

Scenes when Amartey gets stretchered off and winks towards Susan, Cags and Vestergaard start limping up and down the touchline and Evans has his leg bandaged up after a paper cut.

• Haha 1

I hope this lad know he has let us all down. I’m really shocked by his attitude, if he had treated us with a little respect, behaved like a pro got his head down and stayed silent during the negotiations I would of wished him the total best when leaving to Chelsea. #Selfishdisloyalknob 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I'd have maguire back , whatever people think he was solid for us and suits the dreadful shit we play now. 85 Mill for Fofana and Maguire season long loan doesn't weaken us hugely in my eyes.

He doesn't really, we play dangerous possession with our defenders high. At least one pacey cb is essential

• Like 3

It'll be a bit annoying if we play into Chelsea and Fofana's hands by letting the mind games affect us and accept a lower offer. I literally wouldn't sell to Chelsea out of principle at this point.

Wes won't give up football for another season, it'll harm his reputation too much. I'd love to reject any offers and then give him the option to apologise massively, put it behind him and then put in a blinding season (which is almost 100% likely). If he rejects that offer then plays in the u21s until he's redeemed himself in the eyes of the squad and management..

The kid has clearly come from a rubbish place and had to work hard and probably fight for everything he has. So I can understand him being selfish, as it's probably the way he's had to be to survive growing up where he did. Much like Rudiger can get into a evil headspace because of what he's been through as a kid. 

Whatever happens, he can't end up playing for Chelsea at this point. We can't let emotions rule and allow those tactics to win.

Chelsea knew what they had to bid and instead of paying an extra 10-15 million they've resorted to mind games and clearly Wes/Wes's agent are agreeing to partake in them.

The strong approach is show the kid some empathy, but be very clear that he has over stepped the mark and disrespected a club that won't stand in his way should a fair offer come in ( Unless it's Chelsea, because they're pr*cks):D

• Like 1