Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

40 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Jeez some of you need to calm down.

Who cares what a reporter claimed we want for Fofana, we almost certainly haven’t put a price on him.

We aren’t a feeder club for Chelsea.

We aren’t bankrupt.

We will sell and buy players when we receive the offers we want for the players we don’t want.

If Tielemans goes last minute we have enough in the midfield.

With no injuries we can expect to do better than last season.

None of the players we’ve been strongly linked with have actually moved elsewhere so every reason to think that once we offload a couple that all the pieces will fall into place.

A balanced view. Happy for us to be a permanent fixture in the Premier after years of dross. Avoid relegation and play some entertaining football ....sorted.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Some of you acting like the kid is Franco Baresi. He’s very good but he’s nowhere near what some of you are touting him. 

I think he’s very very good now and will become exceptional 

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Some of you acting like the kid is Franco Baresi. He’s very good but he’s nowhere near what some of you are touting him. 

Might also be the fact that some are worried we sell him near the end of the window and we bring in someone like Bednarek 

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Chelsea will get this done if they want it. Last time they got desperate they spent 80m on an average keeper. 

It’s going to hurt like hell, but I don’t think the club will risk missing another pay day.

He’s going to want the move and we are running low on sellable assets.  

If its going to happen dont drag it out.  I would rather 50m now vs 60m last week of window.  Pre season prep seems a disaster.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

If its going to happen dont drag it out.  I would rather 50m now vs 60m last week of window.  Pre season prep seems a disaster.

Not so sure.

Pre-season is about preparation of your players, familiarising the players with tactics, increasing cohesion, and if we have not added players, as I am sure we would like too, I am not sure preparation has been a disaster, not ideal due to lack of activity, but not impaired from preparatory point of view.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Not so sure.

Pre-season is about preparation of your players, familiarising the players with tactics, increasing cohesion, and if we have not added players, as I am sure we would like too, I am not sure preparation has been a disaster, not ideal due to lack of activity, but not impaired from preparatory point of view.

So we have the squad together ready to go we will be using for the season?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

That’s fair and I agree to a certain extent but it’s endless hyperbole around him. Not even close to the estimation that I’ve seen on here. 

I'm not sure how good he has to be to convince you.

He is already our best defender and will go on to to great things.

That much is evident from the games he's had with us so far. He is a generational talent.

• Like 1

Last pre season we were setting up to play with CB’s breaking forward into midfield - mainly wes) which obviously upsets opposition defensive structures - I haven’t see this tactic thus far.  If we have to go cags and jonny instead of wes and jonny then I don’t see a big tactical change 

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Jeez some of you need to calm down.

Who cares what a reporter claimed we want for Fofana, we almost certainly haven’t put a price on him.

We aren’t a feeder club for Chelsea.

We aren’t bankrupt.

We will sell and buy players when we receive the offers we want for the players we don’t want.

If Tielemans goes last minute we have enough in the midfield.

With no injuries we can expect to do better than last season.

None of the players we’ve been strongly linked with have actually moved elsewhere so every reason to think that once we offload a couple that all the pieces will fall into place.

Probably

Yeah

Yeah...

Yeah

Alright

*eyes widen in fear*

Maybe

Just now, Spiritwalker said:

Nope.

If there was any doubt from the club on his immediate future surely to god they wouldn’t let him go to a shirt signing session the week before the season starts. On that basis we’re safe. 

16 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

If this happens I think Wes will go go Chelsea, maybe January but more like next season, if it does we should insist on Colwill as well… :angry:

A559A4E3-9C4D-4229-9309-403B3A9D5194.jpeg

Nope. The reporter says Chelsea want rid of him but there's minimal interest. The one club mentioned by name is Newcastle but even that's only in the event that they sell Saint-Maximin.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Would hate to see Wes playing for Chelsea, a repulsive club with repulsive fans. He could also join a genuinely big club if he's prepared to be patient. But let's face it, if they come in with big money he'll be gone in a flash. 

I really feel that Chelsea are on a slide, there not going to attract elite players or managers like they did before. 

They've had their good times under Roman....now they do football in the real world

• Like 1