Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Don’t know why people are turning their nose up at Tyrone Mings. I’d definitely take Mings.

The drop in quality from Fofana to Mings is whats off putting. 

If we were replacing Vestergaard with Mings it would be a great deal. But having him come in as a first choice replacement for a world class player shows how low our standards have gotten as a club. 

Just now, Dames said:

The drop in quality from Fofana to Mings is whats off putting. 

If we were replacing Vestergaard with Mings it would be a great deal. But having him come in as a first choice replacement for a world class player shows how low our standards have gotten as a club. 

But we’re not going to realistically replace somebody who is potentially now the world’s most expensive defender with a better player. Who you expecting us to sign?

11 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

what’s crazy is he only made 37 appearances for us. 57 first team games since 2019. show me the rubles!

Been here not far off 2 years and we only actually got to see him play in person for 15 competitive games and 9 pre-season friendlies

Edited by moore_94

He's cost us money on fee with his behaviour and given some of the reception some of our other sales have got I expect he'll get pelters. But I think this is the best path forward for us now with the situation. And it might not be in the short term either. No panic buy please, use the money wisely and this will set us up nicely.

Just now, Saxondale said:

But we’re not going to realistically replace somebody who is potentially now the world’s most expensive defender with a better player. Who you expecting us to sign?

Someone better than Tyrone Mings, ideally

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

We were only ever going to be a stepping stone for him. Obviously he has shown a lack of class in his attitude and behaviour. He's still not the complete defender and Chelsea are getting someone who can develop and progress but he still makes obvious mistakes. We need to spend the money wisely as we are in a real need for decent defenders. The defence has become a real  issue that needs sorting.

Here is the rub for him. Chelsea fans don’t want players developing. They demand success now. A few mistakes and he’s warming the bench. 

• Like 1