Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

7 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

**** off Fofana

**** off Fofana 

We don't need you 

We've got the Big Dan

He's not always uselesssss

:mellow:

Or
**** off Fofana

**** off Fofana 

Who needs Wesley
We'll sign Akanji
We'll double his wagessssss

🙃

Still really surprised we've agreed to sell, whatever the money.  Regardless of player/agent power he's tied to a new contract and can't afford to sulk if he wants to go to the World Cup. Unless he gets another big injury (it's not like he's injury prone, it was just a shocking tackle) his price is only going up.  We are going to look so much weaker at the back and it's not like we make a lot of money from this given his cost and the profit share, particularly if we look for a replacement. 

Dread to think what the mood is like in the squad.  Had really high hopes for this season thought the lack of European football and the World Cup would play into our hands.  Can't help but feel like it's going to be a real slog now.

Also still amazes me any player would want to play for fans like these.  Money talks. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Chelsea didn’t put the St Etienne cut into the contract did they?!

They won’t give a shit about that, again that’s our fault.

The club is being run on an amateurish basis at the moment 

Seems harsh to blame the club too much re Fofana. They saw the talent to splash £35m on a kid who'd played 20 games, yet we were all agreeing after about 5 games for us that he was potentially a £100m defender. 

That he broke his leg and then threw his toys out of the pram lessening our bargaining position is unfortunate, but we're still making £25-£35m profit on the deal when all is said and done. Had he realised more of his potential with us we'd have been looking at a massive fee and profit, even with the ASSE payaway

Absolutely fair to give the club stick for some of the other business conducted.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

75 mil is to cheap how have we sold maguire for 80mil Fofana is better. Should be 100m or sell next year bit of a joke tbh 

Because the issue is using a bizarre transfer fee for Maguire as precedent. It’s not normal, nobody is going to pay £100m. As I’ve been banging on for month.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Umbungo78 said:

To put this in perspective I left my cushy management job to double my money for a company that had been watching me,  I grew their fledgling company from 500k profit to 3m profit in 12 months.  But in the process lost the woman I loved due to the demands it took of me and they laid off 6 months later.  I'm now back in the game without the pressure of a high profile transfer or a gold digging bitch and more importantly I'm not at all bitter at all 😂

You are Brendan Rodgers and i claim my £5....;)

Must be just me that Fofana is not all that special then.....and that's not coming from a sour grapes perspective.I get that he's young and good for his age,but it can go the other way as he gets older.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Even profit can come at a cost. 

He wasn't worth the hassle. 

He 100% was and I don’t even understand what you mean. 

For fans we got to see an exciting young player.

As a football team we got an upgrade in defence.

As a business we made a profit. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because the issue is using a bizarre transfer fee for Maguire as precedent. It’s not normal, nobody is going to pay £100m. As I’ve been banging on for month.

And you’ve been quite right to do so.

Some of the posters on here are living in a fantasy world.

Theres been a lot of weirdness on FT for months, (it seems the whole world has gone bonkers) and I can’t for the life of me see why we are slagging off Chelsea for paying what is a massive sum of money for a player with whom we did exactly the same to St Etienne?

If reports are correct, the whole fee will come to c77 million. That is a fair price! Chelsea didn’t put a sell on clause into the contract between us and St. Etienne!

Im glad he’s leaving personally. Another bonkers opinion is that it’s the right thing to do to leave our best defender rotting in the reserves. 
As I said, my only worry is that a. We won’t invest the money wisely and b. We’ve only got a week to do it in!

Guest Col city fan
10 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

He Will become a top player.

We're a selling club and have made a nice profit.

Good luck to him.

Bang on 

54 minutes ago, Bert said:

Fofana is a Judas 
He wears a Judas hat 
He signed a new contract 
But he didn’t fancy that 
He didn’t come to training 
Cos he wanted to leave 
And now he’s signed for Chelsea 
For a world record fee 

👏

He’s not yet the finished article 

he will be exposed at Chelsea, especially in the CL 

he will need to be mentally v strong 

and to those of you wishing him mucho bad luck …… remember he has earned a loyalty bonus on transfer !  I wonder how may weeks wages we can fine him for missing training…

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

It's a shame Drinkwater isn't there anymore we could have got him to put a picture of Fer Nino in Fofana's locker.

He probably would have done it for a 6 pack aswell…