Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

30 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I don't think it's wise for us to look for a Premier League replacement this late in the day as we'll get rinsed on fee AND wages.

If we look in Ligue 1, Bundesliga or Serie A, outside of the massive clubs anyway, we'd be able to swerve English tax and do what we do best in the transfer market. 

Indeed, any buy now will be a panic buy, doing business this late in the window. :(

Guest Col city fan
23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Those amateurs got a deal done for a player that’s possibly going to net us the world record fee for a defender. Perspective please. 

The amateurish management of the football club over recent years is unfortunately why, financially, we need to sell one of our best players. 
We’ve made money on Fofana (although only about 35 mill all in) which has essentially been wasted on Soumare, Vestergaard, Bertrand’s wages, some would say Daka and it looks like we are now giving away Perez for nothing (again, just to save wages). There’s some rubbish business going on there.

I mean he's behaved no different to how he behaved when he wanted to join us, how can this be a surprise to anybody?

Yes we rewarded him big time after his injury but that was on us.

He's an immature kid and always has been He was never going to be with us for more than a couple of years.

Thanks for the 80 mill...let's make some signings and all move on

Edited by EastAnglianFox

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

You think we wouldn't have been looking at targets all summer? 

Doesnt matter, you just dont buy this late, its amateur.  Fees and potentially wages will of course be raised knowing the desperation.

Also how far down on that list do you think we will be, if they been snapped up by other clubs or the clubs decide to hold because its too late to sell.

I would love to know who is making these decisions to do our business so late.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Doesnt matter, you just dont buy this late, its amateur.  Fees and potentially wages will of course be raised knowing the desperation.

Also how far down on that list do you think we will be, if they been snapped up by other clubs or the clubs decide to hold because its too late to sell.

I would love to know who is making these decisions to do our business so late.

There could of course have been agreements made weeks ago on the proviso certain things happen. It's well known that in the past, one transfer has led to a domino effect of other prearranged one's getting over the line. I'm sure the recruitment team have lists of studied and analyised potential players going back months. Last day action is commonplace. 

• Like 1

Shame we couldn’t get another year out of him, it was pretty inevitable he wasn’t going to be a Leicester player for as long as we hoped.

Just a shame he pulled a similar move as he did at St Etienne, he has extreme levels of immaturity to the point where he’s very easy to dislike.

I just hope we get our replacement right, if we end up with someone like Bednarek or Akanji then this club is going seriously downhill.

Some of the reactions on here are so precious. He kicked up a stink before he moved here, it was going to happen to us eventually.

He's played 37 league games for us and we've turned a £35m purchase into an £80m+ sale.

He's a super talented player who would've been superb for us this season. But we give St Etienne their £16m or whatever and we move on.

Maybe now we can afford to bin off Rodgers, spring Potter from his contract, and make a cheeky purchase or two (I'm in dreamland, I know lol).

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Shame we couldn’t get another year out of him, it was pretty inevitable he wasn’t going to be a Leicester player for as long as we hoped.

Just a shame he pulled a similar move as he did at St Etienne, he has extreme levels of immaturity to the point where he’s very easy to dislike.

I just hope we get our replacement right, if we end up with someone like Bednarek or Akanji then this club is going seriously downhill.

Players are so impatient these days, 2 years is nothing especially when one is lost due to injuries, but they seem unwilling to give 4-5 years now.