Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

20 minutes ago, ronnup said:

CHO would be a brilliant signing 

Completely disagree.

Was on allegedly £80k per week at 18 before breaking into the squad.

He appears to have gone backwards when talk to my Chelsea ST mates…not sure what makes you think he’d be a brilliant signing other than the fact he plays for Chelsea?

Looking online, he made 15 appearances for Chelsea in the PL last season scoring once 👀

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

Completely disagree.

He appears to have gone backwards when talk to my Chelsea ST mates…not sure what makes you think he’d be a brilliant signing other than the fact he plays for Chelsea?

Looking online, he made 15 appearances for Chelsea in the PL last season scoring once 👀

Also has come back from the summer break overweight according to reports. Have to question his attitude and commitment if true.

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Completely disagree.

His wages got jacked up to over 120k/ week after Bayern were sniffing around 

shortly after that contract he did his achilles and wasn't ever the same

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm not sure how good he has to be to convince you.

He is already our best defender and will go on to to great things.

That much is evident from the games he's had with us so far. He is a generational talent.

Disagree at this point in time. I don’t think we’ve seen enough to consider him generational but he has the potential. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Chelsea 'AGREE personal terms with Wesley Fofana but Leicester reject bid' @Sun

How much comp we getting for the illegal tapping up?? 

Nothing ’illegal’ - assuming they have spoken to his agent, they’ve just discussed about a hypothetical scenario where a player with the same stats etc as wes would want to move to chelsea.  it’s how the world goes around now. 

and the article is already 36 hours old! 

• Like 1

On 29/07/2022 at 20:41, Sunbury Fox said:

Would hate to see Wes playing for Chelsea, a repulsive club with repulsive fans. He could also join a genuinely big club if he's prepared to be patient. But let's face it, if they come in with big money he'll be gone in a flash. 

We'll always have the drinkwater millions

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

People need to chill their tits. He’s not going in this window. Even if he wants to, he’s under contract and it would take a ridiculous bid for him to go. 

Good advice, my man boobs aren't as prominent on a cold day.

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Nothing ’illegal’ - assuming they have spoken to his agent, they’ve just discussed about a hypothetical scenario where a player with the same stats etc as wes would want to move to chelsea.  it’s how the world goes around now. 

and the article is already 36 hours old! 

It should be also classed as tapping up, but I guess too many people that make the rules make too much money

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

It should be also classed as tapping up, but I guess too many people that make the rules make too much money

either that or we all do it so no one really has a leg to stand on to make a complaint.

Didnt we agree wages with Fofana before we agreed a few with his selling club?

32 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

29 minutes ago, MPH said:

either that or we all do it so no one really has a leg to stand on to make a complaint.

Didnt we agree wages with Fofana before we agreed a few with his selling club?

If clubs didn’t broadly agree terms with players agents ahead of speaking to the selling club about a fee then the market would be so slow (yeah I know) 

we identify potential signings to cover players who we feel could leave for any number of reasons. If we don’t have any idea of what package they are after then it makes it v difficult to do deals quickly which is vital later on in a window. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If clubs didn’t broadly agree terms with players agents ahead of speaking to the selling club about a fee then the market would be so slow (yeah I know) 

we identify potential signings to cover players who we feel could leave for any number of reasons. If we don’t have any idea of what package they are after then it makes it v difficult to do deals quickly which is vital later on in a window. 

Would that benefit us or hinder us in terms of success I wonder

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The game is corrupt in this sense.

If everything was done within the rules, the club with interest would contact the club that owns the player, they would only speak to the player or his agent only with the selling club's permission, the player shouldnt even know of the interest unless the selling club tells him.

But instead we have players meeting managers of other clubs in hotels, downing tools and so forth before any offer is made.  Mysteriously players that make the England squad nearly always leave, the ones that dont mysteriously then tend to get dropped by England.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Pour-augmenter-ses-chances-de-disputer-la-coupe-du-monde-wesley-fofana-pourrait-rejoindre-chelsea/1346021

Summary:

• Fofana knows that he will have more chances to play in the World Cup, If he plays in the champions league
  • Chelsea have already tried to sign three French internationals: Kounde, Pavard has decided to stay at Bayern and Paris has refused the first offers for Kimpembe.
  • Leicester counts on Fofana, he recently extended his contract until 2027
  • Fofana arrived in the Premier League two years ago for €35 million from Saint-Etienne. That puts the price tag on a transfer that won't go below €60m.
  • Chelsea must face competition from Manchester City.
  • The name of Fofana is also beginning to come up in discussions with PSG.

I just smell bullshit. He extended just 2 months ago.

Not to mention the PSG rumour, he's a Marseille lad, they hate PSG's guts

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Pour-augmenter-ses-chances-de-disputer-la-coupe-du-monde-wesley-fofana-pourrait-rejoindre-chelsea/1346021

Summary:

• Fofana knows that he will have more chances to play in the World Cup, If he plays in the champions league
  • Chelsea have already tried to sign three French internationals: Kounde, Pavard has decided to stay at Bayern and Paris has refused the first offers for Kimpembe.
  • Leicester counts on Fofana, he recently extended his contract until 2027
  • Fofana arrived in the Premier League two years ago for €35 million from Saint-Etienne. That puts the price tag on a transfer that won't go below €60m.
  • Chelsea must face competition from Manchester City.
  • The name of Fofana is also beginning to come up in discussions with PSG.

I just smell bullshit. He extended just 2 months ago.

Not to mention the PSG rumour, he's a Marseille lad, they hate PSG's guts

Money talks, wouldn’t rule him out because his a “Marseille lad”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Money talks, wouldn’t rule him out because his a “Marseille lad”

remember when dimi payet was absolutely smashing the prem and he just refused  to play until west ham let him go to marseille. Amazed that it actually worked lol

Why doesn’t che adam’s do that for us lol

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

PSG should have gone after Saliba, tbh

I’m surprised they haven’t gone for both. They’d then tick the home grown box with two phenomenal centre backs for the future. Drop Pavard in at left back as well if he’s tempted to leave Bayern and they’re a better team.