Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

13 minutes ago, westernpark said:

He is, objectively as a footballer. But never in the fondness I’d have for other defenders.

He’s objectively not though.

Fofana has potential to be far better sure and the fact he was a regular in a side which finished 5th and won the FA Cup at 19 is crazy, but he still made mistakes and looked naive at times during that season, which is expected at his age. He was great for his age, but people remembering that season as the best ever from a Leicester defender have a massively distorted memory, Evans was the more consistent and assured defender still, Fofana was just remarkable for his age.

He was objectively not as good as Huth or Morgan during our title winning season. I think it’s extremely likely he will be in the future for Chelsea or whoever else, but Morgan and Huth were absolutely quite clearly better defenders in terms of their performances for Leicester by a long long way, Evans quite clearly has been as well.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

If we've been able to get the fee we wanted or close to it it's excellent business by the football club but as has been said already it's very bad timing with not long left to get replacements in, but at least we do have some money to do this.

Chelsea and Fofana have behaved disgracefully.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it bad that I genuinely am not that bothered? I always viewed Fofana as a player we'd move on quote quickly for a huge fee and I hope we do more of this as it's the only way we really kick start income generation to be to but players year on year. 

It's a blessing in disguise this, subject to who on earth we have lined up but we so badly need a right winger and a Fofana replacement and theoretically we aren't in too bad shape then. Enough flexibility to fcuk Rodgers off if we need to too.

He's proven himself to be odious, but he did this when forcing a move to us. Got no real issue with it if the club have a plan on how to negotiate. I never bought the idea it was better to sell next summer when £70-80m on offer right now is just ridiculous.

I wish no ill feeling of him. Thanks for the exceptional performance vs the very team he's going to in the cup final and some other great displays. 

Genuinely not arsed.

He'll do it to them too. Twice it has happened and he's only 21, Chelsea isn't the ultimate destination for players either.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m the same. Think he’s a fantastic player but not bothered because we can’t defend for shit with him in the side anyway, and we need a pacey winger to give us a bit of intensity and penetration when in possession. 

Hopefully we can spend the cash wisely and kick on from here like we did when Mahrez left, time is the only issue. 

Got to be Diop unless he's too far down the road with signing for Nice, he's been our number 1 target since Madueke was a no go.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Good riddance to him but I can't be wishing ill or injury on him. 

He's disrespected us. But we have more class than he does for the club. He's not worth the fuss. And we're not malicious enough to wish serious injury on him again. 

I don't hope he has a successful career, I'm not that arsed. He's clearly a quality player that will go on to better things, but I hope we move on from this swiftly.

He can basically fvck off and that's that. 

I’d suggest staying off Twitter tonight. lol

He was always going at some point, so to get a decent fee now before potentially waiting another year while holding the risk of further injuries for what would likely be not that much more money isn't bad. It's a shame he's left such a sour taste in the mouth with his dickheadery.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it bad that I genuinely am not that bothered? I always viewed Fofana as a player we'd move on quote quickly for a huge fee and I hope we do more of this as it's the only way we really kick start income generation to be to but players year on year. 

It's a blessing in disguise this, subject to who on earth we have lined up but we so badly need a right winger and a Fofana replacement and theoretically we aren't in too bad shape then. Enough flexibility to fcuk Rodgers off if we need to too.

He's proven himself to be odious, but he did this when forcing a move to us. Got no real issue with it if the club have a plan on how to negotiate. I never bought the idea it was better to sell next summer when £70-80m on offer right now is just ridiculous.

I wish no ill feeling of him. Thanks for the exceptional performance vs the very team he's going to in the cup final and some other great displays. 

Genuinely not arsed.

I generally agree with this but I am saddened that we cannot hold on to him a bit longer. He genuinely is an exceptional talent of the sort that doesn’t come along that often. We have been overly blessed with some great talent in the last decade and I don’t disagree that the strategy is the correct one if we are to compete at this level long term. Wish he wasn’t going to those scumbags but we have once again underlined what a great choice we are for talented youngsters wishing to further their careers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

The only thing the jumped up little weasel has actually done good for us is allow this thread to exist. Comedy gold. :appl:lol

CVNT!

Well that's just simply not true is it. I supposed you're allowed to be a bit bitter for a while however. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Good riddance to him but I can't be wishing ill or injury on him. 

He's disrespected us. But we have more class than he does for the club. He's not worth the fuss. And we're not malicious enough to wish serious injury on him again. 

I don't hope he has a successful career, I'm not that arsed. He's clearly a quality player that will go on to better things, but I hope we move on from this swiftly.

He can basically fvck off and that's that. 

Imo we should take 70 mill for him and that will be the end of it ,at least we could buy a player or 2