Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

I'm not bothered about this. He's a fantastic player but we've got good money. Just need to reinvest the money into the squad wisely. A new CB and a RW

i really hope we get more than one CB. Fofana himself will need replacing, Soyuncu looks like he’s done for us and Amartey as much as I value him as a bench player he’s just not a starter for a top 10 team and that can still Be our aim despite the rubbish start. Evans isn’t getting any younger and seems to be on one fairly long injury per season last couple of years..

Guest Col city fan
Just now, MPH said:

i really hope we get more than one CB. Fofana himself will need replacing, Soyuncu looks like he’s done for us and Amartey as much as I value him as a bench player he’s just not a starter for a top 10 team and that can still Be our aim despite the rubbish start. Evans isn’t getting any younger and seems to be on one fairly long injury per season last couple of years..

It’s about time all this gubbins about Amartey ‘only being 4th choice’ or 5th choice or whatever fookin choice, actually became reality.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s about time all this gubbins about Amartey ‘only being 4th choice’ or 5th choice or whatever fookin choice, actually became reality.

He’s been nothing short of diabolical this season. Completely agree that we must replace Fof with some of the funds!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

i reckon he’s ok for a game or two here and there not he’s just not good enough to be a regular. 

• Like 1

The problem I guess is it’s so late in the window.

Realistically we need 4 players in - 2 centre backs, a goalkeeper and a right winger, but that obviously won’t happen now. The priority I guess is sorting out the defence, which includes the goalkeeper though.

What worries me more is Rodgers saying he’s not expecting any more players in the other day. Part of me thinks we’re not going to see this £80mil reinvested at all this window and we’ll not even be getting a single replacement centre back in, let alone 2.

I hope I’m wrong of course but I guess we’ll find out in a week or so

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Probably is. But I thought you were a fox for life

I think it is fine to be a bit over the top tonight, it has been an window of nightmares for us.

Having said that Fof wasn't the finished article, and will be better when he fills out a bit. I think you could say he has the most raw talent we have seen in a CB, so you aren't far off imho.

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The problem I guess is it’s so late in the window.

Realistically we need 4 players in - 2 centre backs, a goalkeeper and a right winger, but that obviously won’t happen now. The priority I guess is sorting out the defence, which includes the goalkeeper though.

What worries me more is Rodgers saying he’s not expecting any more players in the other day. Part of me thinks we’re not going to see this £80mil reinvested at all this window and we’ll not even be getting a single replacement centre back in, let alone 2.

I hope I’m wrong of course but I guess we’ll find out in a week or so

He also said on Thursday that Fofana going will enable us to get players in, so make of that what you will.

We'll get a CB and RW at the very least. I still think 2-3 more will leave by Thursday too so we might get a couple more in. Will be chaos.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

Name 19 better and I’ll leave this forum followed by this earth

20 is a bit much. Morgan, Huth and Evans have all been much better defenders for Leicester though, quite comfortably. Fofana will very likely go onto become a better defender in the future for Chelsea, but in terms of solely performances for Leicester then he’s a long long way from being amongst our best ever defenders.

One very good but still at times understandably youthfully-naive season where he made errors, doesn’t put a player amongst our greatest ever.

• Like 1

Really we have been screwed by little Wes , we paid 35 million have had less than 1 full year with him . We sell for around 80 million all up by the time u take out the 20% we u his old club and the 35 million we paid for him that around 50 odd million , we will have to spent nearly 30 million to get a player anyway near him , so we made bugger all and lost a up coming champion 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it bad that I genuinely am not that bothered? I always viewed Fofana as a player we'd move on quote quickly for a huge fee and I hope we do more of this as it's the only way we really kick start income generation to be to but players year on year. 

It's a blessing in disguise this, subject to who on earth we have lined up but we so badly need a right winger and a Fofana replacement and theoretically we aren't in too bad shape then. Enough flexibility to fcuk Rodgers off if we need to too.

He's proven himself to be odious, but he did this when forcing a move to us. Got no real issue with it if the club have a plan on how to negotiate. I never bought the idea it was better to sell next summer when £70-80m on offer right now is just ridiculous.

I wish no ill feeling of him. Thanks for the exceptional performance vs the very team he's going to in the cup final and some other great displays. 

Genuinely not arsed.

Nailed it. I'm over him, don't wish him ill but always saw more flaws in his game than most on here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Still really surprised we've agreed to sell, whatever the money.  Regardless of player/agent power he's tied to a new contract and can't afford to sulk if he wants to go to the World Cup. Unless he gets another big injury (it's not like he's injury prone, it was just a shocking tackle) his price is only going up.  We are going to look so much weaker at the back and it's not like we make a lot of money from this given his cost and the profit share, particularly if we look for a replacement. 

Dread to think what the mood is like in the squad.  Had really high hopes for this season thought the lack of European football and the World Cup would play into our hands.  Can't help but feel like it's going to be a real slog now.

Also still amazes me any player would want to play for fans like these.  Money talks. 

Scum !!

38 minutes ago, nathan. said:

I hope hes crocked like Chilwell.

I don’t understand this mentality.

Firstly, we shouldn’t be surprised- he did the same to St Ettiene when he joined us. We’d be foolish to think we were anything other than a stepping stone to him.

seconldy, I wouldn’t wish any career defining injuries on anyone.

• Like 3