Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

35 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Really we have been screwed by little Wes , we paid 35 million have had less than 1 full year with him . We sell for around 80 million all up by the time u take out the 20% we u his old club and the 35 million we paid for him that around 50 odd million , we will have to spent nearly 30 million to get a player anyway near him , so we made bugger all and lost a up coming champion 

....using your £80m figure!!!

Cost to us: £35m

Profit: £45m

Sell on fee( being 20% of profit)= £9m.

Therefore £80m - £9m =£71m

Cost for new C B: £30m

Balance available: £41m

48 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Really we have been screwed by little Wes , we paid 35 million have had less than 1 full year with him . We sell for around 80 million all up by the time u take out the 20% we u his old club and the 35 million we paid for him that around 50 odd million , we will have to spent nearly 30 million to get a player anyway near him , so we made bugger all and lost a up coming champion 

strange maths here. We’ll be getting the £30m fee back for him too which we can invest as well.

Guest nathan.
9 minutes ago, MPH said:

I don’t understand this mentality.

Firstly, we shouldn’t be surprised- he did the same to St Ettiene when he joined us. We’d be foolish to think we were anything other than a stepping stone to him.

seconldy, I wouldn’t wish any career defining injuries on anyone.

**** him.

Ungrateful little ****! 

2 minutes ago, Le4fox said:

Imagine if we don’t get a replacement in time and go into the season with two cbs 😅

...I  am sure Brendan has been on the phone making endless calls to prospective players!!!

You would think there would be people lined up to make the switch, when the Fofana matter or any other player went out the door.

I’ve always said he’ll be the first 100m CB, kind of disappointed that it won’t be us to get that money - but no doubt it’ll be Chelsea fans in tears when he leaves for Real Madrid in a similar fashion in a couple of years time. 

Go and reinvest that money in a new CB and RW now and we’ll be looking fairly tidy. I do wonder if we’ll go and push for Madueke again as a long standing No.1 target - especially as PSV have no Champions League on the table now.

As for a Fofana replacement? I like the Demiral links a lot. We have to accept that it’s simply impossible (with our budget) to replace Fofana with a player at the same level.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  am sure Brendan has been on the phone making endless calls to prospective players!!!

You would think there would be people lined up to make the switch, when the Fofana matter or any other player went out the door.

Ryan bennett

• Haha 1

Guest nathan.
8 minutes ago, MPH said:

I bet you weren’t saying that when we signed him..

We gave him security for life even after that injury.

Instead he shits on the club like a baby.

26 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

I’ve always said he’ll be the first 100m CB, kind of disappointed that it won’t be us to get that money - but no doubt it’ll be Chelsea fans in tears when he leaves for Real Madrid in a similar fashion in a couple of years time. 

Go and reinvest that money in a new CB and RW now and we’ll be looking fairly tidy. I do wonder if we’ll go and push for Madueke again as a long standing No.1 target - especially as PSV have no Champions League on the table now.

As for a Fofana replacement? I like the Demiral links a lot. We have to accept that it’s simply impossible (with our budget) to replace Fofana with a player at the same level.

Isn’t madueke out for a few months injured? 

14 minutes ago, nathan. said:

We gave him security for life even after that injury.

Instead he shits on the club like a baby.

just like he did to St Etienne when he joined us, is my point. It’s odd for people to act all surprised and upset by it. Bit hypocritical, I think.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MPH said:

just like he did to St Etienne when he joined us, is my point. It’s odd for people to act all surprised and upset by it. Bit hypocritical, I think.

It’s football. 

Clubs / Players have little loyalty to each other. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

This is what people are afraid of. Will probably end up with Ben Gibson.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I think what’s funny, is there’s always the chance he turns out to be another soyuncu.  

He’s does have rushes of blood to his head and whilst he obviously has quality (as does soyuncu) there’s always the chance that strikers work out how to play against him. 

I don’t think there’s many cb’s i wouldn’t sell for that price but personally i’d always sell him before mads, vardy or barnes and if we’d had the power even youri. 

We will notice the loss of youri far more than fofana imo… if we sign a half decent cb we’ll barely notice he’s gone imo. 

We already lost Youri about a year ago. We won’t miss the Tielrmans of the past year one bit.

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

I never expected him to be here long. Glad we got a decent fee but I wish it was under better circumstances. Hope we add a sell clause. He won’t end his career at Chelsea

He will be off in a couple of years tops. Chelsea are not top tier and as soon as top tier come sniffing he will do the same again. He is probably like YOLO.

leaves us up the creek though.