Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Would have wished him the best as he's got the ability to become one of the best CBs in the world had he not spat his dummy out and treated the club like s**t 

Proper snake in the grass 

Give it a few years and when Real Madrid come in for him he will drop arse and play the same schoolboy antics 

I can take players leaving, that's part of football, but not the way he's gone about it

11 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Thinking about it, better a lower fee is reported, even though it’s probably more like 80m. Said different yesterday but we don’t want other clubs thinking we’ve got even more to spend. 

I have no confidence we would get away with that , the exact fee will be leaked. 

The era of 'there is no player bigger than the club' has well and truly gone. Pogba dragged Utd down for 2 years. Ozil the same for Arsenal.

Both Tielemans and Fofana, through their actions and commitment to playing and training have cost leicester results, potential transfers and created a sense of pessimism and confusion disabled other players who remain committed to the club. 

They've complicated the captaincy issue and ensured an inconsistent and negative  start to the season as we've had to chop and change to accommodate, with the club distracted from training and playing prep.

When they are gone I hope they are fit and well but that they they follow more the drinkwater level of achievement than the Kante and Mahrez ones.

If you'd have said 8 weeks ago we would end up with no Schmeichel, Fofana and Tielemans and have 2 days to replace them with pony loan signings id have said you were having a laugh. 

But this is where we are. 

The spine of Evans Ndidi KDH Barnes Maddison Vardy need to stand up an drag Ward, Castagne, Justin, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Arthur Centreback and Daka with them.

And they need to do what they need to do not slavishly follow Rodgers pony Puel tactics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

The near fetishisation of the 80m fee on this site is weird. Genuinely some of you might boycott games if we find out it’s 75 (which it probably is). 

We always sell at the highest figure quoted and buy at the lowest figure - according to some.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Fabrizio does not have a clue on the fee....trust me.

I agree with this. In fact, it’s in our interest for a lower fee to be quoted. Tell the world it’s £40m! The tax after Maguire would’ve taught us a few things. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

The era of 'there is no player bigger than the club' has well and truly gone. Pogba dragged Utd down for 2 years. Ozil the same for Arsenal.

Both Tielemans and Fofana, through their actions and commitment to playing and training have cost leicester results, potential transfers and created a sense of pessimism and confusion disabled other players who remain committed to the club. 

They've complicated the captaincy issue and ensured an inconsistent and negative  start to the season as we've had to chop and change to accommodate, with the club distracted from training and playing prep.

When they are gone I hope they are fit and well but that they they follow more the drinkwater level of achievement than the Kante and Mahrez ones.

If you'd have said 8 weeks ago we would end up with no Schmeichel, Fofana and Tielemans and have 2 days to replace them with pony loan signings id have said you were having a laugh. 

But this is where we are. 

The spine of Evans Ndidi KDH Barnes Maddison Vardy need to stand up an drag Ward, Castagne, Justin, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Arthur Centreback and Daka with them.

And they need to do what they need to do not slavishly follow Rodgers pony Puel tactics.

Who is Arthur the new CB? What have I missed??? Exciting news!!!!

24 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

If we do we might be in more trouble given the track record for last minute signings like Vestergaard.

Need a loan with a view to buy for the likes of Levi Colwill or Nat Philips.

Well Rodgers said he spent the summer speaking to players and convincing them to come here so hopefully not all of them have gotten a move...

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Well Rodgers said he spent the summer speaking to players and convincing them to come here so hopefully not all of them have gotten a move...

Maybe, but I don't know if I'd prefer a loan in our current predicament so we're at least not stuck with another pony Rodgers player that we struggle to offload if he's booted soon. 🤷

53 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Fabrizio does not have a clue on the fee....trust me.

He's just a recycler of other people's rumours!

Why people believe all the crap on twitter is beyond me.

But it will fit the narrative of negative element of our fan base.

43 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

If we do we might be in more trouble given the track record for last minute signings like Vestergaard.

Need a loan with a view to buy for the likes of Levi Colwill or Nat Philips.

Colwill is already at brighton on loan 

Nat Philips has already shown his limitations at liverpool this season 

accept you said ‘the likes of’

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Just cannot trust Rodgers to get in any replacement 

Like others have said, it won’t be Rodgers alone. Not clear if Glover starts on transfer deadline day itself but he might have a say along with the scouting team. 

The appointments around Rodgers suggest that the club are taking back more control. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Colwill is already at brighton on loan 

Nat Philips has already shown his limitations at liverpool this season 

accept you said ‘the likes of’

Yea, I thought I might have heard something about Colwill but have lost interest in the transfer market this summer due to our predicament.

Phillips or some similar competent top 6 cast off would serve us well enough to avoid relegation for a season I think. If we could pick one on loan with the potential to level up and then sign for us next year that would be ideal.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

If we all report him to Instagram for being a fraud the authorities will do something here.....

2 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

This is bollocks, we’d be accepting lowballed offers if we were in such a state

...it can also work the other way, if we spin it that the Fofana money is earmarked to cover debts!!!

Any attempt to buy would mean we are not going to be overpriced in any of our dealings.

To a large extent, the current uninformed media narrative,  suits us to a degree .

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Hm we may have bottled it

I think his attitude since the link has forced our hand.

Either sack him and receive nothing or squeeze as much as you can out of them in this window and good riddance. This can be seen as strong management in that case.

Can't have any place in our squad for that level of poser. Especially not at CB if we end up in a relegation scrap.

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

We’ve got to get the business done in the next few days….. we can’t be left scrambling around on game day…..

Its already scramble time.

We should be leaving it until the next summer now.  Do deals in July and early August.

Also stops us buying players for a manager on the way out.