Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Man City, PSG also linked along with Chelsea again this morning. 

Fingers crossed, might drive the price up. Couldn't see Chelsea going much more than £70-£75m, if that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We won’t be selling him at all. Not yet. 

I really wouldn't be so sure, if we get a mad offer then he goes. Simple as that. 

As I said in another thread, we're stumbling into a problem next summer and being able to do some trading now will alleviate that bit. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Man City, PSG also linked along with Chelsea again this morning. 

Sell him for less than Maguire went for and it'd be a travesty. 

He’d be perfect for Man City 

not sure about psg - he just got married - does anyone know if she’s local ? 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I really wouldn't be so sure, if we get a mad offer then he goes. Simple as that. 

As I said in another thread, we're stumbling into a problem next summer and being able to do some trading now will alleviate that bit. 

We haven't inserted a release clause so there's no chance we will be able to sell him.

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would be stupid on his behalf to be “against joining Chelsea” does not mean in the slightest he wants it nor that we are interested in selling. 

Of course he's not "against" joining Chelsea (or ManCity or PSG)! Why would he be? It would be massive money and regular CL football.

But I can't see him pushing for a move just a couple of months after signing a new contract.

This is one of those "club is relaxed" moments: Any move will be on Leicester's terms (this year and next), but I expect they will want to get a replacement lined up before hand in any case.

Fofana is a generational talent, and won an FA Cup with us, and the club can hold out for whatever he is worth. A good season this year, and he will break a record in the summer.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’d be perfect for Man City 

not sure about psg - he just got married - does anyone know if she’s local ? 

Nope. 

Cyrinesbr on Instagram. She's French I think. 

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nope. 

Cyrinesbr on Instagram. She's French I think. 

In which case PSG would be a good decisIon for him ….. won’t be popular call amongst his Marseille mates but a career is a career. 

Edited by st albans fox

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Next summer would be better. 

Would it? Considering we're already potentially losing Soyuncu, Tielemans, Amartey, Perez, Vardy, Kasper, Evans, Mendy, Choudhury, Bertrand and would have Ndidi, Maddison, Iheanacho, Vestergard, Praet, Thomas and Albrighton with just one year left. 

We've got a considerable amount of squad reshaping to do on the horizon, and a season of standing still isn't ideal.  

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What are you on about. 

Was asking you the same question about that thread you made....

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

A nice bidding war between PSG, Man City and Chelsea could see him go for a record fee for a defender.

To honestly love him, but that gets us a good RW, CM and a CB.

Next summer would be better. 

If it's a bidding war, Chelsea is gonna lose. If we did lose him this year, I'd rather it be for obnoxious PSG oil money as opposed to obnoxious ManCity oil money, for all the obvious reasons.

Although with Chelsea, it would sweeten our pursuit of a couple of their players, they'd never match the Gulf money this summer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

If it's a bidding war, Chelsea is gonna lose. If we did lose him this year, I'd rather it be for obnoxious PSG oil money as opposed to obnoxious ManCity oil money, for all the obvious reasons.

Although with Chelsea, it would sweeten our pursuit of a couple of their players, they'd never match the Gulf money this summer.

I’d have Kimpembe down the KP for the song alone …….don’t rate him as a player though …..

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Was asking you the same question about that thread you made....

Yeah it's sooooo hard to comprehend that a) we know from a good source the club refused to deal in release clauses post Kante and Vardy and b) Actually considering them again might allow for a better negotiation tactic for renewals. 

But then, I expect nothing less. 

Just now, taupe said:

We'd get a shed load for him (no Chelsea pun intended) which would be good... I'd only feel ok with a silly huge sum. Preference is he doesn't go but a serious cash injection would have its uses.

I think we will have budgeted for a large sale of wes either next summer or the one following….. it would just pull the cashflow forward. The issue for us is replacements and whether him leaving this summer means we end making another vestergaard type disaster as a consequence 

• Like 1