Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I’m afraid your valuations are just unrealistic. Tried to tell people when they were chucking about silly numbers.

Hasn’t he been touted as having the potential to be one of the best, if not the best, defenders in the world ..  hasn’t he just signed a 5 year contract ..  and isn’t it very very late in the window which leaves us sod all time to replace ..  and if we do try and replace with someone half decent we’ll probably have pay through the nose ..   I’d say 80m cash was a steal. 

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Hasn’t he been touted as having the potential to be one of the best, if not the best, defenders in the world ..  hasn’t he just signed a 5 year contract ..  and isn’t it very very late in the window which leaves us sod all time to replace ..  and if we do try and replace with someone half decent we’ll probably have pay through the nose ..   I’d say 80m cash was a steal. 

Yea that’s why we got a massive f***** fee for him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't agree, if players want to leave and the club get broadly what they want as an asking price then always sell. We haven't done enough moving players on in recent years, we simply have to for a club like ours. I don't get why fans struggle to grasp the situation we are in.

So if all our best players say we want to leave then let them go ?? ..  I agree we should have moved more players on in the last few years ..  but unfortunately we didn’t. And I understand we are in a mess at the moment but I’m not 100% why ..  didn’t you say Ric if it’s to do with FFP then why aren’t other clubs so concerned about it .. ?

Just now, Countryfox said:

Either way he’s thrown a strop, ripped up his contract, got his own way,  and fvcked off. 

Yes and we got the 2nd highest fee for a CB, if not the highest. Maybe these are funds we required, and we strung Chelsea out as far as we dare?   :dunno:

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes and we got the 2nd highest fee for a CB, if not the highest. Maybe these are funds we required, and we strung Chelsea out as far as we dare?   :dunno:

Yep and we lost our prize asset near the end of a transfer window ..  have badly weakened and unsettled the whole team ..  and shown to any other club that all they have to do is whisper in a players ear and we’ll bend over and take it up the harris ..  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Yep and we lost our prize asset near the end of a transfer window ..  have badly weakened and unsettled the whole team ..  and shown to any other club that all they have to do is whisper in a players ear and we’ll bend over and take it up the harris ..  

That's not true though is it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Either way he’s thrown a strop, ripped up his contract, got his own way,  and fvcked off. 

We knew what he was like. It's nothing most of us couldn't see coming from the moment he joined the club. Perhaps it happened a little sooner than expected. But, it's why I never really warmed to him. No point getting upset about it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We knew what he was like. It's nothing most of us couldn't see coming from the moment he joined the club. Perhaps it happened a little sooner than expected. But, it's why I never really warmed to him. No point getting upset about it. 

That’s the problem ..  it really really pisses me off  ..  :angry:

28 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

And he's played a total of 37 league games for us. Interestingly, he only played 20 games for Saint-Étienne. Like it or nor, future value is baked into that fee as arguably he hasn't achieved enough to warrant it yet. Nothing to say that he wouldn't have had an average season this year with us, or another injury, and that fee would have been the same in 12 months, or even put at risk. I think Chelsea took everyone by surprise, have panicked, and i think they have done this at least a year too early.  They are going to have to see him through at least one year of development. He may struggle, or he may nail it, but when he gets caught in possession coming forward (which he will do), those fans are going to turn on him pretty quickly if he's not careful.

Its crap, and i'm frustrated to have lost a much needed central defender. One who's quality we may not see again. But i don't think we have been done over here.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

And he's played a total of 37 league games for us. Interestingly, he only played 20 games for Saint-Étienne. Like it or nor, future value is baked into that fee as arguably he hasn't achieved enough to warrant it yet. Nothing to say that he wouldn't have had an average season this year with us, or another injury, and that fee would have been the same in 12 months, or even put at risk. I think Chelsea took everyone by surprise, have panicked, and i think they have done this at least a year too early.  They are going to have to see him through at least one year of development. He may struggle, or he may nail it, but when he gets caught in possession coming forward (which he will do), those fans are going to turn on him pretty quickly if he's not careful.

Its crap, and i'm frustrated to have lost a much needed central defender. One who's quality we may not see again. But i don't think we have been done over here.

Fair point ..  hang on a minute CF has left the room ! ..  oops !

28 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

...he will have much better coaches at Chelsea, the only thing you could see would be him going backwards staying here!!!