Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't agree, if players want to leave and the club get broadly what they want as an asking price then always sell. We haven't done enough moving players on in recent years, we simply have to for a club like ours. I don't get why fans struggle to grasp the situation we are in.

As a club we have to accept our place in the food chain, which is a step below Chelsea (maybe a couple of steps.)

We need to be the club that top young players like Fofana come to in the knowledge that they will improve, we as a club will improve and maybe pick us some trophies and a European tour on the way then when an offer comes in from the big clubs we will be willing to sell but for a price that benefits us.

I totally agree with you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Sorry I’d love to stay and argue with all you lot but my dog’s going absolutely mental here and I’ve got to go and feed her ..  

A9E68DE9-A17F-456B-9FD1-DE326593079A.jpeg

She’s fed up of Rodgers can you blame her 😂

• Haha 2

This whole saga is quite shameful in the world of football. When Fofana signed a 5 year contract earlier this year I am sure he had no idea that he would be playing for Chelsea in September. So in many ways I blame the media, pundits and agents of Chelsea who created a relentless campaign to create a transfer situation. They built him up to a potential level he might never reach but made him believe he could. In the next month or two we will find out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NasPb said:

The fact that the big clubs are allowed to spend ridiculously without limit shows we need a salary cap. The biggest problem with football is this. 

There are limits - but with turn over each season around £500m it’s not really applicable to the rich 6 

12 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Salary cap like in the NHL  across Europe would present a better product and playing field !

I'm not 100% on how it works but I'm pretty sure the MLS works something along the lines of a salary cap but they are alod X amount of players that they can pay what they want. 

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

The fact that the big clubs are allowed to spend ridiculously without limit shows we need a salary cap. The biggest problem with football is this. 

I would agree but the only flip side is that teams might form a breakaway with financial rules to suit them. Shouldn't have a lack of rules to appease the Sky 6 and ESL teams but thats the reality of it.

I have resisted from commenting for a long time. But here is the issue… we have him his chance, he got injured, we looked after him when badly injured, he signed a new long term contract. First sniff, he is off. I wish him ill.. I really do. I am

ashames to say so, but I hope it goes badly  wrong for him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Top cop said:

I have resisted from commenting for a long time. But here is the issue… we have him his chance, he got injured, we looked after him when badly injured, he signed a new long term contract. First sniff, he is off. I wish him ill.. I really do. I am

ashames to say so, but I hope it goes badly  wrong for him 

...he has in effect paid it down, with the fee we got for him!!!

We were going to lose him anyway, and it came quicker than we thought. If Chelsea did not come knocking  he would be content with being here.

Good luck to him,  we need to get a replacement and a well thought out RW.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he has in effect paid it down, with the fee we got for him!!!

We were going to lose him anyway, and it came quicker than we thought. If Chelsea did not come knocking  he would be content with being here.

Good luck to him,  we need to get a replacement and a well thought out RW.

Have you seen where we are in the table?.Have you read the Rodgers thread? Would you come here now? A championship player is the best we can hope for.