Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah it's sooooo hard to comprehend that a) we know from a good source the club refused to deal in release clauses post Kante and Vardy and b) Actually considering them again might allow for a better negotiation tactic for renewals. 

But then, I expect nothing less. 

You reckon? 🤣

8 minutes ago, taupe said:

We'd get a shed load for him (no Chelsea pun intended) which would be good... I'd only feel ok with a silly huge sum. Preference is he doesn't go but a serious cash injection would have its uses.

... yeah, we can spunk it all away as per usual 😂

31 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would be stupid on his behalf to be “against joining Chelsea” does not mean in the slightest he wants it nor that we are interested in selling. 

Wait for talksport et al to spin that as he's trying to force a move

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Would it? Considering we're already potentially losing Soyuncu, Tielemans, Amartey, Perez, Vardy, Kasper, Evans, Mendy, Choudhury, Bertrand and would have Ndidi, Maddison, Iheanacho, Vestergard, Praet, Thomas and Albrighton with just one year left. 

We've got a considerable amount of squad reshaping to do on the horizon, and a season of standing still isn't ideal.  

Without having an in depth knowledge of financial situation it a hard one to call. 

I still expect us to do a little of the reshaping this summer, I'd be surprised if Vestergard, Praet, and one of Soyuncu, Tielemans haven't left by the close of the window. 

I would hope we can get Evans, Vardy, Ndidi and Maddison on new contracts  and maybe cash in on Iheanacho. I can't imagine Vardy and Evans will be getting pay rises. 

We really need to see one or two of the current batch of Alves, Braybrooke, Nelson et al come good and fill a few squad spots. 

Not sure we are going to miss the contribution Choudhury and Bertrand.

We need a summer like we did when we sold Mahrez, were we had the like of Maddison, Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu coming in, who all became starters. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Fook it, let's just sell everybody!  🤣🤣 let's show Southampton how it's really done!

You've given me an idea. Let's just start pretending we are Southampton. You're putting in a bid for Fofana? Offer them Bednarek. Newcastle coming in for Maddison? "The best I can do is a Ward-Prowse". 

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan

Does this imply that the club would have to allow him to talk personal terms with Chelsea? 

1C193732-9039-469D-B386-9BC79F402A3D.png

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Does this imply that the club would have to allow him to talk personal terms with Chelsea? 

We aren’t still having conversations about tapping up are we? It happens in every deal, nothing ever happens as a result.

He is locked into a huge contract with us so if he goes we get a fair fee, what will be will be so relax.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Of course they’re not allowed to 

but they can chat about a hypothetical player that they represent  ……..the rules are flouted because clubs are happy for it to happen. if they go too far then they can end up in trouble (vvd soton/lpool) 

• Like 1

Getting around (a legal definition of) tapping up is so simple that I'm surprised any one of us really concerns themselves with it. It stands to reason it will happen. Club A only has to have a chance meeting at a motorway services (or an airport if you're Mahrez) with Player B for a hypothetical conversation, to discuss 'what if' scenarios... you can't tell me it doesn't happen.

Of course it's tapping up. It's called headhunted in a different environment.

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

A nice bidding war between PSG, Man City and Chelsea could see him go for a record fee for a defender.

To honestly love him, but that gets us a good RW, CM and a CB.

Next summer would be better. 

Have to be a world record to let me go anyway, Slabhead still the most?

I'm honestly not too worried here. Wes doesn't seem like he'd be the type to say I want to leave, and would look like a right tool after recently signing a new contract with us. On this basis we can ask the earth for him. Maguires fee means we wouldn't consider a penny less than 80m and you're probably going to the 100 mark at least in add ons. I can't see them spending that on one CB when ideally they need at least two more after losing Rudiger and Christensen, and they play with a back three. I'm more worried about Madders. If they come back with 50 or 60 and he makes it clear he won't sign a new contract here then we might have to sell to avoid him going down to one year left like Youri is. Hope Madders signs new terms, is made at least joint highest paid, and is made vice captain or something. He is so important to us.