Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

14 minutes ago, ronnup said:

His leg could be mangled you know...he could fail if they think its liable to further breakdowns 

Pretty sure it was the old doctor from Watford on Ben Foster's podcast who essentially said failing a medical isn't actually a thing. They just give advice on the player and the club do whatever pretty much with the info, whether that's a shorter contract etc etc. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Does anyone know for certain the amount we have agreed for this transfer? I believe it has some potential add ons but what are they and how much. I can only presume that in total it has to be more than we got for Maguire. 

nope and you won’t ever find out !

5 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Why has he gone to New York for a medical?

no one knows for certain but I expect he’ll enjoy some shopping ….

• Haha 2

Does anyone else have the mentality that it’s dragged on so long, that they’re at peace with Little Wes going?

I’m not comparing Amartey to him, he’s hopeless BUT Fofana has done some criminal errors at his time here that get glossed over but if it was Amartey doing them, would get pelters.

I’ve been guilty of it too but just an observation.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

Typical American, doesn't think any other country is capable of carrying out a proper medical.

After being out for so long and the size of the investment he'll want to be certain.

If he has a medical team in the US that look after his other sporting interests, he's going to go with who he knows and trusts. 

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hitesh said:

Why has he gone to New York for a medical?

On a serious note, I suspect there are lots of possibilities 

the underwriters that chelsea use may have changed and requested that his ankle and area of the break are checked out by their people in NY 

I doubt it’s because boehly is being extra cautious  - scans could have shown up something where he had the break and if you were the insurance Co picking up the tab for covering his value and balance of his contract then you’d likely want it double checked. 

THOUGHT WE WERE DUE FOR A LAUGH

https://news.paddypower.com/football-news/2022/08/29/fofana-found-hiding-in-laundry-basket-in-chelsea-dressing-room/

FOFANA FOUND HIDING IN LAUNDRY BASKET IN CHELSEA DRESSING ROOM

A Jose Mourinho-approved laundry basket I might add

Wantaway Leicester City defender Wesley Forfana was found hiding inside a laundry basket in Chelsea’s dressing room following the Foxes’ 2-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

The 21-year-old defender is desperate to force through a move to Thomas Tuchel’s side and resorted to hiding underneath a pile of laundry to evade Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers.

Chelsea’s kit men were alerted to the Frenchman’s presence when he could no longer endure the stench emanating from the sweaty jock straps he was buried beneath.

It’s understood Forfana emerged from the basket with one of the foul-smelling garments still on top of his head and gasping for air.

‘He lasted longer in there than Jose did before that Bayern game’, a Chelsea source told Paddy Power News.

‘After chatting to Wesley, it’s clear he is desperate to become the Premier League’s latest overinflated transfer fee.’

‘Is £80m for a Leicester City defender a good idea? I’m not sure. If only there was another recent disastrous transfer we could cite as an example?’

Discussing the incident with Paddy Power News, Forfana told us:

‘It stinks, it’s suffocating, and I never want to go through it again – but enough about Brendan Rodger’s man management methods.’

‘Some people might question why I hid in a basket full of sweaty briefs but these are the lengths I will go to in order to emulate my hero Danny Drinkwater.’

Meanwhile, Brendan Rodgers remains optimistic about Leicester’s chances of retaining the former Saint-Étienne man’s services.

‘That’s why I didn’t put his name in one of these,’ he said while shuffling a bunch of sealed manila-coloured envelopes.

‘I’ll let you in on a wee secret. There aren’t actually any names in these envelopes,’ he whispered.

‘It’s just a wee psychological ploy I use at the start of every season. The players haven’t a clue and they fall for it every time’, he chuckled with a wink.

Should the exits continue at Leicester, the manager may be left red-faced as he holds more envelopes than the club has squad members.

• Haha 2