Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Failed a medical?

Sure I seen something years ago where you can't technically fail one but if report is damaging and club then pulls out of any potential deal

Yeah, that's true.

A medical isn't a pass & fail, it's just a team of medical experts / doctors who do a lot of tests & ask a lot of questions and then compile a report to the club outlining injury history, risk of certain future injuries, what they might be susceptible to etc etc.

For Fofana, it could be something like his injury hasn't healed well or it's healed in such a way that makes him a high risk of similar injuries. If your paying £70m + for a player,  things like that in a report might make you think twice.

Thats just a hypothetical scenario,  obviously,  but that's how medicals work.

• Like 1

If this ‘issue’ really does happen then I can’t see it being a positive for us in any way 

the player would simply go through the motions for a season to prove his fitness and hope that whatever is the concern now has cleared up by next summer.  He surely wouldn’t be giving his all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Yeah, that's true.

A medical isn't a pass & fail, it's just a team of medical experts / doctors who do a lot of tests & ask a lot of questions and then compile a report to the club outlining injury history, risk of certain future injuries, what they might be susceptible to etc etc.

For Fofana, it could be something like his injury hasn't healed well or it's healed in such a way that makes him a high risk of similar injuries. If your paying £70m + for a player,  things like that in a report might make you think twice.

Thats just a hypothetical scenario,  obviously,  but that's how medicals work.

More likely an Insurance Issue.

2 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

As much as I can see the poetic justice in this it seems we desperately need the cash and I hate to think if/when we'd get him back into a fit mental state to play for us again. 

Bad mental state or not, he'd still comfortably be our best defender regardless of whether he wants to play or not.

• Like 1

Just now, Jock's Hill said:

Always makes me wonder why the medical is often the last thing done!!! 

no point passing a medical 3 weeks ago then agreeing a deal then player getting injured straight away.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If this ‘issue’ really does happen then I can’t see it being a positive for us in any way 

the player would simply go through the motions for a season to prove his fitness and hope that whatever is the concern now has cleared up by next summer.  He surely wouldn’t be giving his all. 

If he was playing crap maybe they would have second thoughts on buying him even if he was fit.. it would be in his best interest to play well

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I would laugh my arse off if the Fofana deal does collapse but then i'll quickly remember that;

1. We couldn't make any more signings.

2. He's probably just going to sulk for 12 months and it'll cost us millions.

3. It's probably collapsed because he's failed a medical which will also probably cost us millions.

As much as it'll be absolutely hilarious to laugh at Chelsea, it's probably better for us if this goes through.

On the plus side it would stop us making any crap signings!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, smr said:

no point passing a medical 3 weeks ago then agreeing a deal then player getting injured straight away.

In this case the player doesn't want to play anyway. Having sorted out all the business side what will he then feel like if the medical fails?

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I don't think he would sulk, especially if it were Chelsea who pulled out rather than us. Would be very embarrassing for him though - maybe an important life lesson...

He doesn't give a **** like, he's got that massive contract to fall back on. It's all business.

9 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Yeah could well be. You mean like on the basis of his medical report has concluded him to be a risk?

It would be a case of we the Insurers not being prepared to offer long term injury cover as the medical experts consider the injury could manifest again as the bone and ligaments are never completely healed. So Chelsea either run this risk of having to pay any compensation to Fofana out of Boehly’s pocket or call the deal off or try to re-negotiate with us.  Staggered payments linked to game time and such like.  It is fair to say we could be Donald Ducked here if there are issues.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You’d expect it to leak from the French end but maybe Chelsea are intent on keeping it quiet and making a song and dance about it tomorrow or even Thursday 

The deal can be done and dusted without it being announced 

...wire £70m into our bank account today, and they can announce it whenever they like!!!

I don't get any of this hoping he's failed a medical stuff. That could be the worst thing possible for us. 1) his head would be elsewhere and he would miss a few games anyway at a time we can't be dropping anymore points 2) Our insurance would go through the roof for him 3) our whole rebuild is based on him going and us replacing him with 3 players and the sum of our parts in having 3 new players being better than just having Fofana. 4) Anyone that did want to sign him after would lowball us and he would still throw a strop. No good can come out of him failing this medical other than it might screw Chelsea around a bit but who cares about them. 

• Like 2