Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Why on earth would any of you want this deal to fall apart now? A total disaster if so. 

Would be a disaster finanacially and in term sof any incommings but I can see the idea of Fofana getting put in his palce as quite amusing.

13 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

It would be a case of we the Insurers not being prepared to offer long term injury cover as the medical experts consider the injury could manifest again as the bone and ligaments are never completely healed. So Chelsea either run this risk of having to pay any compensation to Fofana out of Boehly’s pocket or call the deal off or try to re-negotiate with us.  Staggered payments linked to game time and such like.  It is fair to say we could be Donald Ducked here if there are issues.

....the problem could be somewhere else!!!

His gait is somewhat strange, and that might be leading to excessive wear and tear in his hip, where the cartilage is worn and the meeting of bone could be a problem!!!

A previous poster stipulated that the injury he experienced was prone to heal and be much stronger after the break and ligament damage, it could just point to another area causing the concern.

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Ploy so they can reduce the offer massively, we're over a barrel 

I know i've said it already but....

Wesley Fofana is a football player, not a 3 bed semi with a dodgy roof that your mate Martin has managed to knock 10 grand off asking for.

He has an agreed transfer fee, if they don't like what they see on the medical they'll pull out, it's not negotiable anymore. It simply goes through or it doesn't.

• Like 1

In American sports ie NFL baseball, basketball the 2 stage medical is that the first part is physical and the second mental. The second part they obtain social media accounts etc to determine whether a proposed player is suitable  for integration in a particular team or may prove to be a disruptive character further down the line

• Haha 1

Just now, AjcW said:

I know i've said it already but....

Wesley Fofana is a football player, not a 3 bed semi with a dodgy roof that your mate Martin has managed to knock 10 grand off asking for.

He has an agreed transfer fee, if they don't like what they see on the medical they'll pull out, it's not negotiable anymore. It simply goes through or it doesn't.

Wouldn't shock me if Chelsea came back and used the medical as an excuse to withdraw their offer and put in a lower one. Considering it's taken them about 2 weeks to add an extra 5-10 million to their offer. They're clearly operating under somebody who has no expertise in the world of football.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mazarron fox said:

In American sports ie NFL baseball, basketball the 2 stage medical is that the first part is physical and the second mental. The second part they obtain social media accounts etc to determine whether a proposed player is suitable  for integration in a particular team or may prove to be a disruptive character further down the line

You'd certainly expect him to be a problem later down the line... 

1 minute ago, mazarron fox said:

Lol. He's fooked then.

Though I don't really listen to rumours, I am somewhat surprised that we're now over 24 hours since the medical (which he was flown to the US for) and there's none of the usual stuff. 

Can absolutely see this blowing up.

Can also see him trying to sue Villarreal/ their player, if it falls through. 

Edited by fox_up_north

I sincerely hope that the club are working on bringing a CB in irrespective of the Fofana deal going through.Ideally we might have looked to be bringing two players in anyway.

The quicker we can bank the cash then the sooner the better for me, but Fofana staying would need a reintegration into the squad and an inevitable departure at some point anyway. We need to be talking to his replacement now and getting the likes of Amartey further away from the team 

6 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

I really don't like Fofana very much. 

Imagine what he's actually like as a person...I bet he's a right twat.

...securing his family's future!!!

Has the opportunity to play for a top 6 team, coached by some recently described as the best coach in the world, playing Champions League football and supported by top-class players, pushing and encouraging him to be the best that he can.

If Chelsea does not come in for him, then none of this happens and he is a cheeky chappie and a character who is positive and has a winning smile.

His actions to enable the transfer left a lot to be desired, but at the moment we are getting £70m + for him, he has achieved for us what we wanted from him, money in the bank.

Just now, Jobyfox said:

I sincerely hope that the club are working on bringing a CB in irrespective of the Fofana deal going through.Ideally we might have looked to be bringing two players in anyway.

The quicker we can bank the cash then the sooner the better for me, but Fofana staying would need a reintegration into the squad and an inevitable departure at some point anyway. We need to be talking to his replacement now and getting the likes of Amartey further away from the team 

If he has got a dodgy leg , he ain't going nowhere.