Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

You would think it would have to still be decent money and probably colwil that’s even if he wants to come here . Not going to be able to get a decent replacement for cheap either with it being close to the start of the season and teams will know we have money to spend if he goes 

Maybe an unpopular view but I wouldn't really want Gallagher as part of any potential deal. Chelsea likely to value him £30m+ and I'd rather get a mega chunk of cash.

Colwill and Hudson Odoi (perhaps on a season loan) plus a massive chunk of cash would be ok if Fofana were sadly to leave.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Colwill, Gallagher - outside of those two are there any Chelsea players that we might look at?

I don't know, quite fancy Havertz and Jorginho if they want to bring the price down lol

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It will probably play out like Maguire, another season and then the club comes back in for him. Deal all sorted next summer 

Agree. We’d be absolutely crazy to sell him this close to the season starting. 

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Gallagher is one of the most exciting players I’ve seen for years. Would move heaven and earth to make him part of any potential deal. 

Where would he fit in our squad (on the basis Tielemans doesn't go)?

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Gallagher is one of the most exciting players I’ve seen for years. Would move heaven and earth to make him part of any potential deal. 

Really? I think he’s very overrated and a poor passer. I don’t think he’ll feature often for them.

• Like 2

Just now, Phenom said:

Really? I think he’s very overrated and a poor passer. I don’t think he’ll feature often for them.

I like him. He’s a busy body and keeps things going. He also is very good at the pressing game. I think he could sit in as part of the of a three man midfield and be a real asset. 

Happens every year when one of our big players gets linked away that the media report the other club could subsidise the deal with players

All the times it gets suggested when does it ever actually happen? Swap deals are very rare

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Where would he fit in our squad (on the basis Tielemans doesn't go)?

Even if he goes, he’s a totally different player. Tielemens passes and distributes and that’s the weakest part of Gallagher’s game. He’s also not as creative.

chelsea have 3/4 players that would improve us but one thing that this doesn’t fix is the problem… Wages!!!!

We need a better wage to turnover ratio… how is getting 2/3 players on huge wages already going to help this? Are chelsea allowed to pay some of their wages? on the books at least? or is the new ffp smart enough to see through that? 

On paper fofana, some dosh and 2 of colwill, gallagher, cho and ziyech is a great bit of business by us as all of them are great players. 

Ziyech and colwill would be an absolute dream!!!

10 minutes ago, sdb said:

We'd have to rinse them Maguire style for this to be worth it. Colwill, Gallagher, CHO are worthwhile options but it'd have to be all 3 or a staggering amount. We're useless without him

....we should take all three plus £70m...!!!

They can spin it any way they like but he offers them an opportunity for a huge resale as well as the possibility of building an exciting backline. We should not be afraid to take this opportunity as we will not get the chance again.

There was a comment by Radio Leicester that a world-renowned defender watches Leicester solely because he wants to see Fofana play, he believes he is that good, we would be crazy to value him at anything less.