Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Gallagher is surely worth £45/50m. I’d agree with your deal but they won’t pay that 

So Gallagher has one year in the PL on loan at Crystal Palace and is now worth £45/50m?

Other more established players in the PL and also internationals such as Phillips, Jesus, Maddison,  are only worth £40 to 50m?

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Does it say in the article what players Chelsea would be willing to part with? Wouldn’t surprise me if there’s truth to this CHO rumour + the obvious target of Colwill

If we were getting those two I’d still want £40m+ for him. Neither has proven they can do it regularly in the prem. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You can have as many players as you want. We’d have the money to pay them. 

Plus.. most of those we want out will be gone on loan come the end of the window, if not permanently.

Yea. We’ve normally been good at replacing players. I think we will only allow one key player to leave though. As much as I love Wes he is replaceable at a decent price. 

Id be straight on the phone to Lacroix and getting that deal done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s hardly like selling a fantastic prospect would be outside our normal way of operating is it? Could see it, but the cost, structure and other miscellaneous financial pieces would need to be right, even before we get to the rare lesser spotted swap deal.

My main problem is that we can get the same money for him next summer. Why sell now?

• Like 2

Just now, Pliskin said:

Yea. We’ve normally been good at replacing players. I think we will only allow one key player to leave though. As much as I love Wes he is replaceable at a decent price. 

Id be straight on the phone to Lacroix and getting that deal done. 

Fofana to Lacroix, talk about a downgrade

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Does it say in the article what players Chelsea would be willing to part with? Wouldn’t surprise me if there’s truth to this CHO rumour + the obvious target of Colwill

No it doesn’t.

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

My main problem is that we can get the same money for him next summer. Why sell now?

Recently we seem to be missing the sweet spot with transfer values, see Tielemans, so that would be the concern.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Recently we seem to be missing the sweet spot with transfer values, see Tielemans, so that would be the concern.

Well Tielemans is one thing.

Fofana would still have 4 years left on his deal next year, we know he's quality, he's come back from that injury and looked even better. If he makes the French WC squad, theres a chance the fee could be even bigger.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

So Gallagher has one year in the PL on loan at Crystal Palace and is now worth £45/50m?

Other more established players in the PL and also internationals such as Phillips, Jesus, Maddison,  are only worth £40 to 50m?

Well two 

he was at West Brom the season before and v good (at 20) 

he is English so add the premium for that. He’s only 22. 

why would Philips be worth more (there was a lot of surprise that he went for only £45 too)?   Madders is because his numbers are high. 

jesus could turn out to be a ‘bargain’

I don’t think he has actually said anything different to what we already knew has he?

Apart from a higher valuation than was originally being reported - but still about what we expected it should/would be

It's a lot of money isn't it.

Could be that we'll accept it if there are one or two players Rodgers is keen on, with money to spend elsewhere.

Would be shit if he goes to Chelsea though, rather he went to PSG if we sell him.

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Could be that we'll accept it if there are one or two players Rodgers is keen on, with money to spend elsewhere.

Madueke injured, CDK gone to Milan.

If we sold Fofana I'd want a top talent to be brought in at RW. But there's simply none left.

I don’t think wes will leave this window. But if Chelsea did offer us close to 90 we won’t be able to reject it’s too much money for us. It would solve the money problems, but I’d hate to see him leave he’s my fave LCFC player!

Just now, Pliskin said:

Are CDK and Madueke the only two right sided players alive? 

Well now its your turn not to be daft. 

They're the only two cracking players who were available this window. Tell me one left footed RW who's on that level who could be brought in this summer based on the sale of Fofana (the likes of Bourigeaud could be brought in regardless)

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think he has actually said anything different to what we already knew has he?

Apart from a higher valuation than was originally being reported - but still about what we expected it should/would be

Yeah its just that American owner of theirs being absolutely clueless.

Theyve ****ed it and now theyre panicking, trying to just throw money at the problem. The issue is, that they're not realizing that they're targeting the wrong players to throw money at.