Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Player exchange is no good for us anyway from a team like Chelsea. We are struggling with wages as it is let alone adding some of Chelsea’s fringe players. 

Plus, they have to want to come as well, or it all falls apart. As well as maintaining their wages they’ll probably want somewhere with European football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fergus2222 said:

Chelsea fan here. Willing to answer questions.

I think anything around 80m we get this done. We're desperate, all other rcb options are off the table, skrinar looks psg bound, we didnt get kounde...we're extremely desperate...its fofana or pavard at this point...

Fofana to me is a 100m CB. While I obviously dont watch every leicester game I watch near enough every big 6 team game and everytime I do and against us, he stands out massively Which is hard to do as a cb...I remember one game he played vs us last season i was just left in shock how good he was. I've never been moved like that by a 21/20 yo cb

He's so worth the 80m imo. Kounde for 55m or fofana for around 80 is a no brainer. Fofanas even 2 years younger.

Our fanbase has overhyped colwil to monumental places - you'd think hes the next vvd according to chelsea twitter. I've no doubt he'll be good but the level of overhype he gets without playing a single pl minute is madness.

Theres definetly something in this 1. The same mate that posted him in a  chelsea shirt twice, the next day he posted a ig pic with that same guy and tagged him to let us know hes actually a good friend not someone who follows him lol he's definetly pushing for the move. Following our entire backline is also sus.

don't think orny would be quoting a price if this coudnt get done and talks are at a point its worth reporting it definetly has legs. Our spend is 200m minimum on top of sales but all our sales are probably loans as our wage bill is heavily inflated we can't get rid of werner/kepa/barkley/sarr etc.

I have no doubt you want him, and with good reason, he is already very good and has the potential to be world class in the next couple of years.  I also think if he wants to go and were are above the Maguire number it is possible.  I don't think we are realistic move for any of your deadwood, but maybe for Colwill and RLC.  

12 hours ago, Phenom said:

He’s one of my favorite players but he’s gonna leave sometime. When he does it better be for a king’s ransom. 

With Kounde rejecting Chelsea and their new owners keen to impress, they may be desperate enough to pay a premium e.g £90m and we should insist on a premium to deal this Summer. I would take Colwill plus cash if the deal was right.

The worry is whether we would reinvest wisely. Would we get fleeced with Rudders overseeing the dealing, being this late in the window and everyone knowing we want players and sitting on a pile of cash.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fergus2222 said:

Chelsea fan here. Willing to answer questions.

I think anything around 80m we get this done. We're desperate, all other rcb options are off the table, skrinar looks psg bound, we didnt get kounde...we're extremely desperate...its fofana or pavard at this point...

Fofana to me is a 100m CB. While I obviously dont watch every leicester game I watch near enough every big 6 team game and everytime I do and against us, he stands out massively Which is hard to do as a cb...I remember one game he played vs us last season i was just left in shock how good he was. I've never been moved like that by a 21/20 yo cb

He's so worth the 80m imo. Kounde for 55m or fofana for around 80 is a no brainer. Fofanas even 2 years younger.

Our fanbase has overhyped colwil to monumental places - you'd think hes the next vvd according to chelsea twitter. I've no doubt he'll be good but the level of overhype he gets without playing a single pl minute is madness.

Theres definetly something in this 1. The same mate that posted him in a  chelsea shirt twice, the next day he posted a ig pic with that same guy and tagged him to let us know hes actually a good friend not someone who follows him lol he's definetly pushing for the move. Following our entire backline is also sus.

don't think orny would be quoting a price if this coudnt get done and talks are at a point its worth reporting it definetly has legs. Our spend is 200m minimum on top of sales but all our sales are probably loans as our wage bill is heavily inflated we can't get rid of werner/kepa/barkley/sarr etc.

As for players you could take:

•  cho - proceed with caution on cho. Not the player at all he was before his achilles hes really not pushed on now in 2 years since he came back from injury. It's said tuchel likes him but Imo I think we're open to shipping any of our attackers as theyre all terrible
  • Gallagher -  heavily overrated imo and isnt technical at all and is very poor with the ball. He likes to play as a further up 8, no way he'd fit into the team if you were to keep maddison. I see him as the furthest forward of a midfield 3 so a direct replacement for tielemans woudnt be it either as hes dreadful with the ball.
  •  colwill - I think colwill will be the one you take..hasnt played  a pl minute and heavy overhyped within our fanbase though but ive never watched him so i cant comment reliably on this one
  • kepa - you're getting scammed if you take kepa and no way its a permanent, itll be a loan if anything. hes on 170k a week and is honestly too good to be a backup but too bad to be our first choice...hes improved massively under tuchel ill give him that but 72m 170k a week 7 year contract possibly top 5 worst transfer of all time. Any long shot goes past him - think of tielemans fa cup final goal. Thats a weekly occurence with kepa. 2019/2020 iirc he had worst save % in europes top 5 leagues. positives are hes good with his feet I guess
  • broja - heavily everton linked now I dont think you need a striker and looks likely to stay anyways
  • gilmour - not sure we're open to a sale, potentially a loan so I doubt we'd loan you him
  • RLC - I think we'd be open to a sale (if we can get another midfielder, but that looks unlikely right now) and hes not on huge wages 60k pw i believe and could be a okay tielemans replacement? Definetly a downgrade on him but he'd be a solid option imo.
  • ziyech - I dont see how this one is feasible either cause of wages. Probably best suited for what you guys need imo though. looks milan bound on a loan with obligation

I dont see anyone else worth commenting who you'd be interested in but if so feel free to comment and i'll give you my thoughts on said player. Came here via the chelsea subreddit cause I seen someone say you guys talking about cho and decided to read through the fofana thread as i'm extremely gassed about fofana. World class cb

Some of the stuff in the thread have no chance though, colwill gallagher and 50m etc. I think we'd price colwill 20-25m, gallagher 35m'ish and rlc prob 25

Final thoughts are I think its very unlikely we  see players in this deal (like less than 10% chance) and we'll pay 80m cash. If its anyone it's likely to be colwill rlc gallagher in that order. Cant see any chance at all of anyone else in this deal

P.S the ppl commenting to hold on for a year and he can get a bigger move to a bigger club, what realistic move can he get? The only clubs bigger than us imo are barca, madrid, bayern (?). City n liverpool i'd say are on same scale perhaps slightly higher because of current form over last few yrs. Liverpool have 3 starting cbs who arent all that young, same with city. Madrid also. barca too. We're his only realistic move Imo for a big team other than psg and even they have kimpembe ramos marquihnos and are buying skrniar - ramos aging however.

Gl for the season guys always admired leicester as a club i worry about you guys if you don't replace well...surely you guys should be worried if you lose tielemans/kasper/fofana? I even seen newcastle links to barnes and maddison what's going on?

Fofana is absolutely gettable, the lad pushed and pushed to get his move to us and he'll do the same if you're really serious in getting him. He's going to be in the top 5 CB's in the world unless something very bad happens to him which that prat from Villareal very nearly did last summer.

You are talking anywhere between £80-100m as we owe St Etienne a decent sell on having already paid nearly £35m + add ons for him. He is exceptional, but I never thought he'd be here for a long while. He's a sign, let him do his thing and flip for a massive profit.

You are the perfect club, ran by very eager and trigger happy people who are under pressure to save some face this transfer window. I genuinely think you might lose your head and pay us a truly astonishing price. I'd take £80m + Colwill. I'm really annoyed Omari Hutchinson has left Arsenal U23's to come to a team even worse for giving academy players 1st team football, he is the missing link to our midfield on the RW. Throw him in as well please 😂

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fofana is absolutely gettable, the lad pushed and pushed to get his move to us and he'll do the same if you're really serious in getting him. He's going to be in the top 5 CB's in the world unless something very bad happens to him which that prat from Villareal very nearly did last summer.

You are talking anywhere between £80-100m as we owe St Etienne a decent sell on having already paid nearly £35m + add ons for him. He is exceptional, but I never thought he'd be here for a long while. He's a sign, let him do his thing and flip for a massive profit.

You are the perfect club, ran by very eager and trigger happy people who are under pressure to save some face this transfer window. I genuinely think you might lose your head and pay us a truly astonishing price. I'd take £80m + Colwill. I'm really annoyed Omari Hutchinson has left Arsenal U23's to come to a team even worse for giving academy players 1st team football, he is the missing link to our midfield on the RW. Throw him in as well please 😂

I think you're right ric. We hold the cards on this but I could well see Chelsea giving us a great deal on this which would probably end up working for us.

The point here is, that if he is as good as we think he is, and I genuinely think he is going to become among the most talked about, and best defenders in the world, we would be foolish to sell this summer. His stock will only rise, and he will have even more top clubs around the world that will want to sign him, which will mean we will get plenty more money than we will if we sell him this summer. If we sell him this summer, with the length he still has left on his contract, we are probably chucking away another 20 to 30 million extra that we could have had, had we had hung on to him.  Selling him now, would actually be awful business for the club, even if it was for 80 million, in my opinion.

It just feels like this may actually happen doesn’t it?

However, as others have posted it will have to be a BIG offer (forget this pre/post COVID malarkey).

As the Chelsea fan stated, they’re getting pretty desperate and have the new owner factor, he won’t want to see his new shiny toy be miles behind their rivals.

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think you're right ric. We hold the cards on this but I could well see Chelsea giving us a great deal on this which would probably end up working for us.

The thing is, you look at the transfer of £100m for a player at Fofana age and he’s got loads of resale value. If he stays for 8 - 10 years, it isn’t a bad deal at all. 

@Ric Flairis right. I can see this happening and making him the most expensive defender in the world.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Well if the deal included players, the Chelsea fan above has already gave good reasons not to go down that route with his honest assessment of them, so it has to be cash and has to be no less than 100 million pounds for me, otherwise we are selling ourselves short of the kind of money we could get for him if we don't sell him this window.

Our owners put out briefed countless media pr articles about 200m + budget, not even including sales for our rebuild at the start of the summer. They took out a 700m loan a few weeks ago although I suspect some will be for the stadium rebuild - indebted to clearlake. So yeah we have as much money to spend as possible really. 

As for people saying its not possible, I think it gets done and im very confident it does. There's no way we brief ornstein of our dealings yesterday if we werent confident and prices keep getting quoted...being realistic I think 80m gets it done, maybe 85.

First impression is everything too, the entire fanbase is pining for fofana. Owners wont want a bad first window as itll leave a bad first impression. problem is this and dumfries will take our spend to 200m and we still need a RW and a capable starting lw. This week is reported key for us with outgoings - barkley batshuayi kepa werner ziyech azpi alonso all likely to leave this week

fabrizio just said rn you only want almost 75m, we're robbing you

Edited by Fergus2222

Losing Fofana, Youri and Kasper on the eve of the season would be calamitous with so little time to find and bed in replacements. This has been a thoroughly depressing transfer window tbh. And let's face it, even if we get £100m for Fofana, we still have a huge issue with FFP and having too many first team players so I'm not sure we'll be able to go out and buy 2 or 3 top players with the money. What a mess. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Losing Fofana, Youri and Kasper on the eve of the season would be calamitous with so little time to find and bed in replacements.

It'd certainly give rise to a refresh though maybe not the kind fans were thinking of.

Perhaps BR was trying to forewarn us?

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Fofana wont leave in this current window. He's got another year, possibly two with us if we are lucky. 

Mark these words, He will be the first £100m defender. 

As you said you're desperate, if any move was to happen this Season it'd be north of £100m - We have no reason to sell. 

Apparently a blue tinted spectacled, deluded viewpoint.

49 minutes ago, Fergus2222 said:

Our owners put out briefed countless media pr articles about 200m + budget, not even including sales for our rebuild at the start of the summer. They took out a 700m loan a few weeks ago although I suspect some will be for the stadium rebuild - indebted to clearlake. So yeah we have as much money to spend as possible really. 

As for people saying its not possible, I think it gets done and im very confident it does. There's no way we brief ornstein of our dealings yesterday if we werent confident and prices keep getting quoted...being realistic I think 80m gets it done, maybe 85.

First impression is everything too, the entire fanbase is pining for fofana. Owners wont want a bad first window as itll leave a bad first impression. problem is this and dumfries will take our spend to 200m and we still need a RW and a capable starting lw. This week is reported key for us with outgoings - barkley batshuayi kepa werner ziyech azpi alonso all likely to leave this week

fabrizio just said rn you only want almost 75m, we're robbing you

tbf it only took you till your second post for the big 6 club arrogance to come out, nice one. this won’t happen unless you’re chucking us 9 figures