Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

2 hours ago, Fergus2222 said:

I think 85 gets it done

It won’t , but it’s time to get used to life without a kleptocrat with deep pockets backing you . Your yank owners will soon be sucking the life blood out of your club Glazer style 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If it's obvious you're that desperate you aren't getting him for 80 

At the beginning of the window ,we were desperate to sign somebody but now we appear to be thinking of some way , any way we can sell somebody. There is no official interest in any of our players. Its a slow window and the hacks and the twitterati are making it up to justify their  existence 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, surrifox said:

It won’t , but it’s time to get used to life without a kleptocrat with deep pockets backing you . Your yank owners will soon be sucking the life blood out of your club Glazer style 

That’s a whole different debate but well worth having on another thread 

no one has paid more than £2.5bn for a football club unless they believe there is money to be made within the next fifteen years …… 

Talksport reporting:

Chelsea are still pressing ahead with trying to sign Wesley Fofana despite Leicester insisting he is not for sale.

Blues owner Todd Boehly believes a package of £80m could convince the Foxes to part with their star defender.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Musty said:

Talksport reporting:

Chelsea are still pressing ahead with trying to sign Wesley Fofana despite Leicester insisting he is not for sale.

Blues owner Todd Boehly believes a package of £80m could convince the Foxes to part with their star defender.

A package, means not 80 million upfront and 80 million ain’t enough . 

3 minutes ago, Musty said:

Talksport reporting:

Anything under 100 million this season now with days to the start of the season is absolutely madness 

5 minutes ago, Musty said:

He's right. First he needs to give us a package worth £80mill to convince us to sell. Then when we're convinced, we can sit down and discuss a transfer fee. I like the way this guy thinks.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Musty said:

Talksport reporting:

I heard this as well yet again talkböllöcks are talkingshite again. 80 wouldn’t even buy his left foot.

Wouldn't want him to go yet and selling him clearly weakens us. But, £80m+ gives us something to make 2 decent additions. A replacement centre back and a right wing and maybe some left over to fund a new contract or two.

I don't know what I'm talking about though.

• Like 1

I think this gets done this window. Too much noise around it and Chelsea are getting some sort impression that we will negotiate. Its disappointing as I'd rather it be Tielemans moving on because Wes is going to be awesome this year. However, 80-85m opens up a lot of doors for us and potentially allows for a new contract or two for our other key players. 

Guest Kopfkino

No use selling him whatever they offer this season, we’ll have gone from being broke to looking like we’ve got loads of cash and get quoted silly prices as we look desperate late on - similar happened with Maguire.

He’ll still command a huge fee next season and it would be more beneficial to us next season. Clearing wages and a chunk of amortisation + being able to book a massive trading profit on him + Martin Glover would set the stage for a proper overhaul.

10 minutes ago, GlenParvaFox said:

Wouldn't want him to go yet and selling him clearly weakens us. But, £80m+ gives us something to make 2 decent additions. A replacement centre back and a right wing and maybe some left over to fund a new contract or two.

I don't know what I'm talking about though.

We were in for a CB with him staying. If he leaves then we should be getting two in - or we’ve accepted cags is seeing out his final year and won’t leave. 

I don’t trust our recruitment to spend the money wisely this window so why get rid of a player who is going to be an asset to the team this season on and off the pitch when his value will at least hold and probably increase  (barring a catastrophic injury)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dobbylcfc said:

I heard this as well yet again talkböllöcks are talkingshite again. 80 wouldn’t even buy his left foot.

That's because they don't sell players in pieces. 

If they did I'd start by buying Micheal Morrison's chopper. 

11 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Reluctantly, I would accept £65m, Colwill and Gallagher.

Colwill no prem experience, so a gamble, and Gallacher massively over rated. Even a Chelsea fan told us that earlier in this thread.

• Like 2