Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Would this be legal as his previous club have a 30 percent sell on?

I vaguely remember when players are included in the transfer package, it goes to a tribunal to determine the compensation. Though I might have made this up. 

We already have too many players for a PL squad so I see no benefit in a swap deal even though that means we lose Fofanna and free up a space. He’s now 21 so he takes a spot where he didn’t last season. 

This £80m package won’t be cash up front that’s for sure but as soon as we sell him we have to give St Ettiene (however that’s spelt) a load of money so let’s say we get £60m up front, then lose 15% that leave £51m and we need two CBs and a RW for that which isn’t going to happen in todays market.

I see No benefit in selling him this year. Let’s keep him, build the side around him push on this year and hopefully get top 6 (unlikely I know) which may convince him to stay and if it doesn’t then we’ll get at least the same next year but hopefully it starts a bidding war. 

Cash in on Tilemans and some of the dead wood. 

• Like 2

If Wes decides to push for the move (praying he dosen’t) any deal this summer would surely have to include Colwill - either on loan with option to buy, or permanent. 

Just seems to logical to replace him in the squad and be able to use the funds where we need them.

Will accept 100 million plus next summer. A large amount of players contract expire on high wages in 12 months. Focus on building the recruitment team and invest the money wisely next summer. Return back to old recruitment models of investing on young players with high potential and make profits.

• Like 2

There is noise, because Fofana is probably open to it. Clubs generally talk to agents before making a bid nowadays. Like someone else said, Fofana probably won't push it, but would be interested, why wouldn't he? 

In general, I feel as though we are having one of those years of reality checks, a 'stop and pause moment' as things last season didn't go to plan. Whether or not you see conference semi as a success, I think it is fair to say, the club eyed a much better run in the Europa League than last time... yet it was worse! 

We were poor for large parts of last season, although somehow we saved it a little towards the end, finishing a respectable 8th.

Then there was the recruitment... how much money did we spend, and how many of those players actually contributed? Patson Daka had his moments, and we are all hoping there is more to come.

However, Soumare was poor then injured, then just disappeared... 

Bertrand, injured, then Covid, then another injury, played 2 or 3 games and was poor in all of them, other than perhaps the community shield. 

Vestergaard - no one who had watched this guy play football for Southampton, thought it was a good idea, yet Fofana's injury in my mind made us panic. He is on big wages and again, not contributing. 

Rodgers - Signed a new deal over a year ago and now on a huge wage. On one side of the argument, good business, FA Cup, which ok, doesn't bring in the highest of competition money, but in terms of prestige domestically and worldwide, it was big for us (and the Fans of course).

Premier league top 5 two years in a row, then 8th last season. Again, in isolation, decent. 

But on the other side of the argument (and who knows, maybe the Board / Top's stance) disappointed with those two seasons, when it looked like we would be getting champions league football. Then again, they will know that in general, we cannot compete with those sides financially...

Then throw Newcastle into the mix, who may not be there yet, but have the riches to be another club looking to finish top half, not just avoid relegation battles. 

I really think, and this is just purely observational, we are trying to work out again, what our model is and how we are going to find a way of competing in the Premier League. Or we have decided on the model, one that worked quite well previously in signing slightly more 'unknown' names at a lower price to sell high. And my long drawn out point is... Fofana fits that, whether it is this season or not. 

I hope we are taking time to have a rethink, and that we get back to the 'un-earthed' gem model (which doesn't always work, but feels there is a lot less risk involved)... not the Bertrand & Vestergaard model (whatever that was). 

Again, only observational, but this is why it is slow progress this year looking from outside in, but something will hopefully be happening (maybe why the guy from Southampton has been brought in?) on the inside. We have a lot of players running into their last year of contract, I would hope that some of those will not be renewed, some of the 'deadwood' is moved on this window and we get back to smaller squad, lower wage bill, and start again... the big 'reset' … fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

We already have too many players for a PL squad so I see no benefit in a swap deal even though that means we lose Fofanna and free up a space. He’s now 21 so he takes a spot where he didn’t last season. 

This £80m package won’t be cash up front that’s for sure but as soon as we sell him we have to give St Ettiene (however that’s spelt) a load of money so let’s say we get £60m up front, then lose 15% that leave £51m and we need two CBs and a RW for that which isn’t going to happen in todays market.

I see No benefit in selling him this year. Let’s keep him, build the side around him push on this year and hopefully get top 6 (unlikely I know) which may convince him to stay and if it doesn’t then we’ll get at least the same next year but hopefully it starts a bidding war. 

Cash in on Tilemans and some of the dead wood. 

That's what we've been trying to do all summer. Soumare and Kasper seem the only ones close to anything so far. 

A lot depends on whether the player wants to force a move or whether his agent does as he'd get a massive pay out with any deal too.

I think there is a reasonable chance this will happen which will be a big statement frankly on where we are right now in terms of finance and squad numbers etc.

I would tell Chelsea that they have to pay 100 million up front, absolutely no installments, and they have to also pay any fee owing on top of that to his previous club.

If they are prepared to deal under those circumstances then I'd probably reluctantly go ahead.

I'll be fuming if this happens. He is the key player for us this season. I have no faith we will invest the money wisely and starting the season with big dan and evans is a depressing thought. 

Let him go next season!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

A package, means not 80 million upfront and 80 million ain’t enough . 

What’s the difference between Chelsea’s “package” and Newcastle’s “structured offer” ? Euphemisms for low ball bull**** 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Will accept 100 million plus next summer. A large amount of players contract expire on high wages in 12 months. Focus on building the recruitment team and invest the money wisely next summer. Return back to old recruitment models of investing on young players with high potential and make profits.

This would also give us time to find and install a Recruitment Team that had actually had a clue about - Recruitment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Micky said:

I can't believe so many people are wasting their time discussing this made up shite. He's not going unless Chelsea pay a totally ridiculous sum. 

Probably because Chelsea will pay a ridiculous sum, they're ran by absolute clowns.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably because Chelsea will pay a ridiculous sum, they're ran by absolute clowns.

Can’t believe he got rid of MG before he’d been through a window. 
perhaps they had discussions on how stuff is done and he decided he wasn’t going to work by the ‘standard rules’

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t believe he got rid of MG before he’d been through a window. 
perhaps they had discussions on how stuff is done and he decided he wasn’t going to work by the ‘standard rules’

Has Marina had a sex-change??

31 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Don't get why some want to include Gallagher when he have 48 central midfielders already. 

Tielemans will go at somepoint, be it this month or next year......Gallagher and Dewsbury Hall would be a long term partnership......a quality one too.....

Why would Gallagher necessarily want to come here?  

the kid thinks he’s a big six player (and he could be). 

chelsea would value him at £50m min

he would command a similar salary to wes. 

can’t see the point from a financial perspective 

Edited by st albans fox