Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

There's a few bits that don't add up on this for me. 

When we've sold assets recently we've held a very firm line on price. There are lots of reports about needing to sell to buy, but this seems to stem from wages and not transfer fees. I don't see how offloading Fofana below his value helps us, actually even at £100m it doesn't seem like it would fix a lot of problems for us. The Kasper deal makes way more sense in terms of a fix.

Then if there is a deal to be done we look at the figures banded about, big sums...sure...but we have to pay a sell on fee and would be pushed on price when we tried to spend it. Factor in the Chelsea are supposedly getting desperate and that apparently means we'll let him go for £80m when he has 5 years on his contract. Doesn't make sense to me.

Only thing that would make this happen is if Fofana pushed, Chelsea put in a properly ridiculous offer, or our financial position is worse than the hearsay.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why would Gallagher necessarily want to come here?  

the kid thinks he’s a big six player (and he could be). 

chelsea would value him at £50m min

he would command a similar salary to wes. 

can’t see the point from a financial perspective 

Because he wants to play would be the only reason.

1 hour ago, BrummieFOX said:

That's what we've been trying to do all summer. Soumare and Kasper seem the only ones close to anything so far. 

I believe it’s nearer than you think on

a number of players but the club are trying to maximise transfer fees (and wage percentages where loan deals) 

Is this our new strategy then? Can’t sell the fringe players so now we will contemplate selling the ones that give us a chance?  This is why we can never truly compete with the big boys. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Is this our new strategy then? Can’t sell the fringe players so now we will contemplate selling the ones that give us a chance?  This is why we can never truly compete with the big boys. 

One of the easiest ways to bring the gap when it comes to revenue from big six to ourselves. We've done it really well on a couple of occasions. 

Fringe players will be sold - we are just trying to maximise what we get for them IMO. 

We never truly compete with big boys because of the international market (merchandise, market and TV money_ and the fact that a city the size of Leicester can not support a 60k stadium with all VIP corporate shiny jazz. 

That said Fofana doesn't leave this summer unless Chelsea want to do something really stupid 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

They're targeting Cucurella for £50m now too. Bizarre transfer policy. Seem desperate to spend some cash.

If they’re spending that on him…. They’ll do well to get Fofana. 

46 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

One of the easiest ways to bring the gap when it comes to revenue from big six to ourselves. We've done it really well on a couple of occasions. 

Fringe players will be sold - we are just trying to maximise what we get for them IMO. 

We never truly compete with big boys because of the international market (merchandise, market and TV money_ and the fact that a city the size of Leicester can not support a 60k stadium with all VIP corporate shiny jazz. 

That said Fofana doesn't leave this summer unless Chelsea want to do something really stupid 

Have done it really well. To be honest we’re conning ourselves if we think selling our better players is helping to bridge the gap. It is a model, it can work, but a top 4 side it does not really build. 

Personally I wouldn't want to see any of our best players leave because I have no faith in the current setup to then identify and secure the players who might help us bridge that gap. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s been out strategy for years, where you been living. 

The reason we can’t compete is we don’t have the money. End of story. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Pipe down hanging. Obviously it has. I don’t like the model, a viewpoint to which I am entitled. These players should be the jewels in our crown, not polished and handed over for others to wear. 

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Honestly don't understand why people find it hard to understand.

The whole idea is to box clever and give the established sides the odd bloody nose. 

Our success has been fuelled by the sales of Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Pipe down hanging. Obviously it has. I don’t like the model, a viewpoint to which I am entitled. These players should be the jewels in our crown, not polished and handed over for others to wear. 

No one likes it, but that is where we are in the food chain.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

No one likes it, but that is where we are in the food chain.

I’m suffering a huge gout attack in my right knee, 1hr kip last night. Can’t walk at all. I might be a little tetchy.  

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We feed the top 6 and weaken ourselves . That why a transfer cap is required as one of the top 6 will win the league year after year (except when a 5000-1 chance happens)

In my Utopian world, Tielemans goes to Arsenal for £20m. We take Colwill and Gallagher and £20m from Chelsea for Fofana. We save on wages and add more future revenue to the pot by taking two upcoming players, who should rise significantly in value. It may not be those actual incomers, but It’s what we do. It’s what we have to do to compete and stay in the hunt.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Honestly don't understand why people find it hard to understand.

The whole idea is to box clever and give the established sides the odd bloody nose. 

Our success has been fuelled by the sales of Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell. 

Fueled yes - but equally derailed due to horrendous signings that we cannot rid ourselves of for love or money.

Edited by mozartfox