Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think if you got him for 100m you’d still look back and be happy with it. Genuinely think he can achieve anything and he looks sharp as ever and he’s still in recovery mode. 

The one thing I would point out though is that he is still a young guy who will be erratic at times, personally think he excels when next to a calm partner or in your case partners.  For us if he lined up next to soyuncu id always be a little worried we’d be in for a scary day. But if you sat him next to thiago silva and kolou you would probably have the best cb combo in the league. He has the ability to charge forward and make things happen and he’s the type of positive defender you’d want when facing a low block. 

he’s not the tallest but he has an incredible leap, he could easily get some good returns if you can take a set piece. 

But of course we all hope that we stay firm on this for at least one more year. 

but back to RLC… he’s the exact type of signing i’d like us to avoid in truth. I’d rather have the cash and find some uncut gems, but i’ve never really rated him… but what’s worrying is he is the type of neat and tidy player brendan might like. 

I don’t think he’d be interested in joining us but I’d dream of ziyech… as a fan base we’ve been begging for him for years… he was going to be our mahrez replacement but it never materialized. 

its a mystery why he’s never had enough of a consistent run for you as he seems to pop up with goals and assists when he does play. 

Yeh i dont doubt hes worth 100m. Everytime vs us hes unreal and stands out so much. same with the other top teams. Really rate him so highly and really hope this gets done over gvardiol regardless if hes cheaper i rate fofana so high, not that i'd be dissapointed with gvardiol but ive got very invested in this transfer 

As for ziyech he excels as a rw, we play with two IF's behind the 9 so he can never get out wide enough - whenever we've played a back four which isnt very much we normally see his best but overall hes very inconsistent and alot of hit and hope type balls that are waste and never come off - think bruno fernandes like. His attitude seems questionable and body language is awful alwways seems disinterested and is best mates with lukaku off the field - we all know how that went so it probably affected his performances. His heads in milan clearly wants to spend more time off the pitch with his pal lakaka than play football

Edited by Fergus2222
  • Like 1

Okay, one issue with multiple player swap deals that no one has highlighted. 

1. We have a high wage bill. Adding swap deals for players from ChelseaX isn’t going to make that any better. 

2. We have a bloated squad. We need to shift 5 - 6 players. Not add more in, therefore causing us more of a headache with FFP. 

3. We need a centre back if we sell Fofana, not a midfielder where we are stacked already. No one at the club seems to want to talk about signing a right sided player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Okay, one issue with multiple player swap deals that no one has highlighted. 

1. We have a high wage bill. Adding swap deals for players from ChelseaX isn’t going to make that any better. 

2. We have a bloated squad. We need to shift 5 - 6 players. Not add more in, therefore causing us more of a headache with FFP. 

3. We need a centre back if we sell Fofana, not a midfielder where we are stacked already. No one at the club seems to want to talk about signing a right sided player. 

Colwill + boatload of $$$ would be best deal. Helps cover for Fofana on a smaller wage . Their RW's wages are too high for us and Gallagher only makes sense if we sell J-Mads

Edited by Phenom

6 hours ago, dannythefox said:

No he hasn’t it’s still on his account.

Can only see fabrizio’s tweets being liked now 

maybe you can see other stuff to me 

of course wes may be doing this to ensure the chelsea faithful think that if he doesn’t go there this summer, it isn’t necessarily his call. 

being the saddo that I am, I looked back to September 2020 and lil wes (as he was back then ) was actually liking Lcfc official tweets (re cags and vards and training) some weeks before he signed.  Can’t see things he deleted obvs. So maybe we only get concerned when he starts to like Chelsea club tweets! 

Edited by st albans fox

6 hours ago, Fergus2222 said:

Yeah, rlc is the one involved in  a swap. We offered 40-45m and rlc lol. I think 55-60m and rlc can get it done

Anyone else read this and think @Ric Flairwas being transferred? 🤣🤣🤣

I figured Chelsea must need need a left footed right winger.

• Haha 3

I think sometimes too much is made of liking tweets and such. After all when a tweet is highly complimentary then naturally a player is going to like what he reads ... 

"Wes fofana is awesome. Best young defender in the world. Reminds me of Baresi or Maldini, honestly think he'll go on to become one of the best defenders of all time. Definitely worth £100mill or more..."

Player clicks 'Like'.

"...Would Iove it if we signed him."

Fans lose their shit on either side focussing entirely on the last line which the player didn't even read.

Parent club explains how that looks to said fans. Player unlikes post. Fans still lose their shit. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fergus2222 said:

Yeah, rlc is the one involved in  a swap. We offered 40-45m and rlc lol. I think 55-60m and rlc can get it done

You seem to think a lot of different variations can get it done. But you seem to just base all of your predictions off of what journos are saying, so you aren't in the know and you definitely have no idea what it would take for our lot to sell.

32 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Colwill + boatload of $$$ would be best deal. Helps cover for Fofana on a smaller wage . Their RW's wages are too high for us and Gallagher only makes sense if we sell J-Mads

Gallagher is not half the player Maddison is. Would be a big drop in quality if that happened!

17 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The thing with fofana is, even if we hold on to him for another season, his value won't go down, more likely to go up. So it doesn't really make much sense to sell him this season anyway

But on the flip side - could sign another centreback + a right winger with the money… which are priority signings regardless… 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JimJams said:

I think sometimes too much is made of liking tweets and such. After all when a tweet is highly complimentary then naturally a player is going to like what he reads ... 

"Wes fofana is awesome. Best young defender in the world. Reminds me of Baresi or Maldini, honestly think he'll go on to become one of the best defenders of all time. Definitely worth £100mill or more..."

Player clicks 'Like'.

Fans lose their shit on either side focussing entirely on the last line which the player didn't even read.

Parent club explains how that looks to said fans. Player unlikes post. Fans still lose their shit. 

That’s a bit naive when players are subject to a potential sale. 
If I’m an agent, I’m telling my man to make sure he keeps clear of all social media whilst the process is ongoing. Don’t click on anything 

of course this might tell us that wes has been told he isn’t being sold whatever the offer and therefore he can click away because it won’t affect anything ??  

20 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The thing with fofana is, even if we hold on to him for another season, his value won't go down, more likely to go up. So it doesn't really make much sense to sell him this season anyway

Assuming he doesn’t suffer another bad injury …..  I mean it’s not like we’re a club that is suffering bad injuries out of left field ….

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I think I'll start to worry when any mildly reputable source starts saying that Fofana has said to the club that he wants to move. We're not in a good position in terms of the transfer then... 

We’d still be in a position to hold out for a lot of money, he’s on a long contract.

Guest Col city fan
44 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Player clicks 'Like'.

Tis the way of the world now though mate.. it’ll only get moreso as well. 
These are completely media led times we live in

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Tis the way of the world now though mate.. it’ll only get moreso as well. 
These are completely media led times we live in

Its coz everyone has something of value to say to their followers... like footballers wivez

49 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

But on the flip side - could sign another centreback + a right winger with the money… which are priority signings regardless… 

We do that and we are likely writing off the extra money we would get for him next year. We also then need to bring in 2 new centre backs instead of 1, unless you want us to keep Vestergaard. Also like if maddison goes, we are unlikely to get the same quality in, so become weaker.  Plus other clubs will be putting prices up because we have just got 80 million in, and after bringing in 2 centre backs , possibly for inflated prices, the money left probably wont leave that much leftover for a decent right winger. Not to mention the squad numbers are still going to be too high without getting rid of a number of players that we currently can't get rid of.