Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I think I'll start to worry when any mildly reputable source starts saying that Fofana has said to the club that he wants to move. We're not in a good position in terms of the transfer then... 

We've been here before though (with players suggesting they might want to leave) and have form for persuading the player to kick the can down the road. 

We squeezed an extra 2 seasons from Mahrez. An extra year from Maguire. Chilwell was persuaded to sign a new deal before moving to Chelsea, which somewhat protected his value.

27 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

A likely impact from Fofana hopefully staying is Chelsea will be far less likely to give us Colwill. 

Should Fofana go, they’ll probably include him in the deal. 

The only player we'd want from Chelsea is the only one they don't seem to want to include in negotiations - Colwill.

As others have said, there's no point in offering us Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi etc - we're trying to get our wage structure under control, and these players are all on £100k+ a week. That makes our situation worse, not better. Loftus-Cheek in particular is in an area that isn't even really a priority for us to strengthen - we also have limited squad places, so why would we want to bring him in when - again - it makes it harder for us to strengthen in the areas we need to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

The only player we'd want from Chelsea is the only one they don't seem to want to include in negotiations - Colwill.

As others have said, there's no point in offering us Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi etc - we're trying to get our wage structure under control, and these players are all on £100k+ a week. That makes our situation worse, not better. Loftus-Cheek in particular is in an area that isn't even really a priority for us to strengthen - we also have limited squad places, so why would we want to bring him in when - again - it makes it harder for us to strengthen in the areas we need to.

This is why I don't think this deal will happen. I can't see Chelsea forking out £100m and the players they'd likely try to foist on us in part-exchange aren't ones we need. It looks like Colwill might be going to Brighton as part of the Cucurella deal...

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

But on the flip side - could sign another centreback + a right winger with the money… which are priority signings regardless… 

Yes, but it still doesn't shift the deadwood.

Keeping Fofana this year, and selling him next summer (possibly even getting the deal arranged early) means we have a lovely pot of cash and a lot of squad space. 

We sell him now (for less), a week before the season starts, and we are going to pay through the nose just for his replacement, let alone for any other reinforcements, and will still have a bloated squad (I know, they are all going out on loan in any event.)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is why I don't think this deal will happen. I can't see Chelsea forking out £100m and the players they'd likely try to foist on us in part-exchange aren't ones we need. It looks like Colwill might be going to Brighton as part of the Cucurella deal...

The players they would foist on us are on wages that are too big

• Like 1

I genuinely think the only way this happens is if we get Colwill in exchange. A replacement straight in so that we don’t get mugged for one by another club.

I’ve just got a feeling that this is what’s going to happen. I reckon Chelsea would be more desperate for Wes than Cucurella if they had to choose.

3 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I genuinely think the only way this happens is if we get Colwill in exchange. A replacement straight in so that we don’t get mugged for one by another club.

I’ve just got a feeling that this is what’s going to happen. I reckon Chelsea would be more desperate for Wes than Cucurella if they had to choose.

The big difference is that Cucurella appears to be obtainable as Brighton seem willing to do a deal. The same cannot be said for us and Fofana.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Colwill isn’t a replacement - yet

he’s played a season on loan in the championship 

Selling wes means we have a two from three of Evans, cags and big Dan! Remind me how that went last season ….

• Like 1

Have a feeling this rumour has some legs and little Wes is seriously considering this as an option.

I agree we don’t have to sell until we receive a acceptable bid but he must have a valuation on his head that the board would accept.

in the past we have agreed to gentleman agreements that if a good bid comes in then the club would not stand in his way and I think little Wes signing a 5 year deal there must have been some agreement made as I don’t think Wes would have signed a 5 year new contract.

I think £85-90 mill and he is gone

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because the football twitter virgins that follow these clubs just measure how "big" a club is by how much they spend each window. More spends = better, they need to be seen as spending to keep their weirdo fans happy.  

Newcastle spent 3X what we did in 2015/16 and got relegated...

7 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Have a feeling this rumour has some legs and little Wes is seriously considering this as an option.

I agree we don’t have to sell until we receive a acceptable bid but he must have a valuation on his head that the board would accept.

in the past we have agreed to gentleman agreements that if a good bid comes in then the club would not stand in his way and I think little Wes signing a 5 year deal there must have been some agreement made as I don’t think Wes would have signed a 5 year new contract.

I think £85-90 mill and he is gone

It's been reported in a couple of places that our gentlemen's agreement with Wes is that we'll consider decent offers for him from summer 2023 if he wants to go. Not this summer.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

We've got about 7 central midfielders - we don't want RLC. Fofana isn't leaving in this window.

As others have said, this isn't the U.S., you can't just offer players as part of a deal. RLC would have to want to come here!

And we would have to want him. They are just trying to unsettle Little Wes. It's gonna be vomit-inducing when we are at Stamford Bridge on the 27th and Tuchel hugs him and whispers in his ear. 

6 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

As others have said, this isn't the U.S., you can't just offer players as part of a deal. RLC would have to want to come here!

And we would have to want him. They are just trying to unsettle Little Wes. It's gonna be vomit-inducing when we are at Stamford Bridge on the 27th and Tuchel hugs him and whispers in his ear. 

Fofana should dismiss any speculation now but he won't because we are probably just a stepping stone in his grand plan. He should be careful , many have and are falling flat on their faces thinking that. If and when he gives us three or four good years then not a problem and we would wish him well even if reluctantly.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek has ‘no desire’ to leave Chelsea despite Leicester City interest

Metro Transfer News Reporter
Tuesday 2 Aug 2022 11:23 am
Leicester City are keen on signing Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Ruben Loftus-Cheek wants to stay at Chelsea (Picture: Getty)
Ruben Loftus-Cheek has ‘no desire’ to leave Chelsea and does not want to be included in a part-exchange bid to sign Wesley Fofana, despite interest from Leicester.

The Foxes are keen on landing the midfielder, who is out of favour at Stamford Bridge.

The 26-year-old has failed to reach his potential in west London, despite his obvious talent.

Brendan Rodgers’ biggest strength is his ability to bring out the best in under-performing players and a move to the Midlands has been touted, particularly given Chelsea’s interest in Fofana.

The Blues are keen to bring down Leicester’s £80m asking price for the Frenchman by offering players to go in the opposite direction and Rodgers is keen on Loftus-Cheek.

But the Telegraph say the London-born midfielder has ‘no desire’ in joining the Foxes, nor leaving Chelsea at all this summer.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Fofana should dismiss any speculation now but he won't because we are probably just a stepping stone in his grand plan. He should be careful , many have and are falling flat on their faces thinking that. If and when he gives us three or four good years then not a problem and we would wish him well even if reluctantly.

Why should he dismiss speculation? If Chelsea/ManCity/PSG came in tomorrow with a £100 million bid, he'd be off.

Speculation keeps his name in the papers, and increases his value. I'm all for it!

5 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Why should he dismiss speculation? If Chelsea/ManCity/PSG came in tomorrow with a £100 million bid, he'd be off.

Speculation keeps his name in the papers, and increases his value. I'm all for it!

None of this helps LCFC win football matches and many on here seem to  have forgotten that is our prime objective. Fofana is a bird in the hand and £100 million could easily be frittered away on highly disappointing replacements.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

None of this helps LCFC win football matches and many on here seem to  have forgotten that is our prime objective. Fofana is a bird in the hand and £100 million could easily be frittered away on highly disappointing replacements.

I want him to stay, don't misunderstand me.

But I expect him to go next season, barring a Top 4 miracle. I'd rather he go for top dollar, and it be done relatively quickly.

(As for frittered away money: Imagine if we had got the deadwood out and bought Madueke! Dodged a bullet there.)