Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

His most recent liked tweet

Screenshot_20220802-131344_Twitter.thumb.jpg.ea6d30bbf7d6e4ceae3895382822d17c.jpg

yes he did respond to that but then again, LCFC france should be asking him what it does mean if he's interacting with him.  i find it a bit disrespectful, even if he is only messing with the chelsea faithful ......(because we dont know that)

and he pinned a tweet where he thanks the fans and the club for supporting him through his injury .........

Edited by st albans fox

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

This is exactly what he did whilst at St Etienne. Not sure whether that's worrying or not... 

I mean, at the time that shlt all went down some of us noted that we'd better be ready, because he was going to do the same thing to us in a couple of years.  

It's not as if we were ever going to be more than a stepping-stone for Fofana, but it's an everybody wins situation.  We get a great player for a couple of seasons and make a lot of money, he uses us to get where he really wants to go.  I just think the club would prefer it happens next summer, not now.

Are you all surprised that Wes would want to leave to a large club? I think that’s been his goal since he got here. Remember, there was Madrid talk since he got here. Yes, losing him to a PL rival would suck but if we’re getting a historic fee then I would be for it. He could raise his value in one season (although if we get the fee we should get that might be negligible) but he’s also got a bit an injury history and it could also go the other way so I could see why we would see.

Either way, we hold the cards.

The Madders situation has the downside for us in terms of contract expiry being on the horizon  - so if we don't think he will sign it then we might be willing to listen to offers. Wes is on a massive contract and his stock is only rising. The club has shown itself to not be mugs and I can't see us being so here when we are in such a strong position.

11 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

will be a Chelsea player by the weekend. Guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

He's on a long contract so we could just say no to selling him. What's he going to do? Sulk his career away for the duration of his contract? We hold all the cards, he ain't going anywhere. 

Glad we all agree on this one 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, happy85 said:

LCFCHQ posted Man City joined the chase for Fofana 

And they won’t be the only ones …….

maybe we can do an obscene deal and keep the player until next summer on loan with the buying club paying most of his salary 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

Not one to make much of a fuss of a player changing their social media bios as they are usually ran by junior marketers anyway but isn't this how his move to us started? 

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in all honesty, I thought the big clubs might have held off for another year to see how he kept going after his recovery before outlaying such a large fee but it seems Chelsea might be quite desperate. 

54 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Do people actually look at what footballers are doing on social media lol

Means nothing. Player A likes a tweet. Bloody hell.

It’s not good PR though is it, at a time when you’re linked to a move and the club is in a bit of a mess,

removing the club you play for from your bio.

Posting

My father told me you're going to annoy a lot of people when you start doing what's best for you, and  I've begun to realise it" Wesley Fofana quoting on instagram 

Liking Chelsea players, liking Chelsea posts.

Players could never say these things if they were asked about a potential move in an media interview, yet it’s ok to stoke the flames on social media.

As other have said it’s no huge surprise, given what he done at his former club.

it’s just not a good look so soon after the club offered him a new deal, he was happy to take them up on whilst recovering from the injury.

Great if he gets the move, a bit short sighted on his part if he doesn’t.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1