Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

A lot of our fans don't like it when we're linked to players with an attitude problem incase they disrupt the dressing room... But they were okay us signing a kid who forced his club to accept a bid from ourselves who was always likely to repeat this behavior if he realised his potential here lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It’s not good PR though is it, at a time when you’re linked to a move and the club is in a bit of a mess,

removing the club you play for from your bio.

Posting

My father told me you're going to annoy a lot of people when you start doing what's best for you, and  I've begun to realise it" Wesley Fofana quoting on instagram 

Liking Chelsea players, liking Chelsea posts.

Players could never say these things if they were asked about a potential move in an media interview, yet it’s ok to stoke the flames on social media.

As other have said it’s no huge surprise, given what he done at his former club.

it’s just not a good look so soon after the club offered him a new deal, he was happy to take them up on whilst recovering from the injury.

Great if he gets the move, a bit short sighted on his part if he doesn’t.

I hadn’t worked out the DW translation- it gets worse 

he’s on a collision course with the club 

Edited by st albans fox

7 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

For some reason I would rather see him go Man city than Chelsea. 

For me I feel like at this point in time I can understand a player wanting to move to Man City desperately more so than Chelsea (I can understand both some some degree). In terms of the future Man City all but guarantees winning a load of trophies. I think it's a little like Barcelona and Real Madrid when they come calling no matter which club you are it's hard to deny the player that opportunity. Also as they will likely put up the cash required.

They are less dislikable as well than the other 'big six' (if that's what you want to call them). Mainly because they have less fans and their fans are less entitled. I find it quite amusing how frustrated plastic Liverpool and Man Utd fans get that they can't win anything because of Man City. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

For me I feel like at this point in time I can understand a player wanting to move to Man City desperately more so than Chelsea (I can understand both some some degree). In terms of the future Man City all but guarantees winning a load of trophies. I think it's a little like Barcelona and Real Madrid when they come calling no matter which club you are it's hard to deny the player that opportunity. Also as they will likely put up the cash required.

They are less dislikable as well than the other 'big six' (if that's what you want to call them). Mainly because they have less fans and their fans are less entitled. I find it quite amusing how frustrated plastic Liverpool and Man Utd fans get that they can't win anything because of Man City. 

Yes mate agreed. 

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

Deleting stuff in his bio for drama and stories. Immature. :beer:

Thanks for the class performances, if he doesn’t want to be here or his head has been turned thanks for the money. Defenders are in abundance. 

13 minutes ago, Stinky said:

A lot of our fans don't like it when we're linked to players with an attitude problem incase they disrupt the dressing room... But they were okay us signing a kid who forced his club to accept a bid from ourselves who was always likely to repeat this behavior if he realised his potential here lol

To be fair though St Etienne were always going to sell him and he likely knew that

11 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It’s not good PR though is it, at a time when you’re linked to a move and the club is in a bit of a mess,

removing the club you play for from your bio.

Posting

My father told me you're going to annoy a lot of people when you start doing what's best for you, and  I've begun to realise it" Wesley Fofana quoting on instagram 

Liking Chelsea players, liking Chelsea posts.

Players could never say these things if they were asked about a potential move in an media interview, yet it’s ok to stoke the flames on social media.

As other have said it’s no huge surprise, given what he done at his former club.

it’s just not a good look so soon after the club offered him a new deal, he was happy to take them up on whilst recovering from the injury.

Great if he gets the move, a bit short sighted on his part if he doesn’t.

This is not the same thing at all as a player discussing a transfer in an interview. You have no idea what he’s doing but you keep slating the guy on this thread. 

Hell, it could just be an inside joke with his teammates and his friends. 

He has a very heartfelt message and pledge to Leicester fans pinned to the top of his profile and liked a tweet saying the bio change doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 

He’s not out here insulting you or any of us. There have been exactly zero reports that he’s forcing his way out. Why not let it be? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Yes - agree with all of this, but I’ve often wondered at what point Man City will cross the threshold and become as irritating as, say, Man United. 

If they keep winning and gaining plastic supporters they will become the next generation version of Man United/Liverpool 

Fofana isn’t going anywhere this season. The club stood by him hugely this time last year when he had his leg broken, have rehabilitated him back into the first team, and only a couple of months ago he signed a massive long term contract. At the tail end of the season when there was nothing to play for, he stood out as one of the few players still giving it his all and cheering the fans on.

He doesn’t want to leave, the club don’t want him to leave. The only way it happens this season is if someone offers ridiculous money for the fee and wages.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

Yes - agree with all of this, but I’ve often wondered at what point Man City will cross the threshold and become as irritating as, say, Man United. 

If they keep winning and gaining plastic supporters they will become the next generation version of Man United/Liverpool 

Well there's already a lot of kids who support them. It only will have been the last decade so if we say kids don't start supporting a team until maybe 4 or 5 at the earliest that gives us at least another 10 years or so until there are 10 years worth of plastic fans old enough to use the internet. But even then I'm not sure they still have the draw of others because people often pick teams based on their parents. It inevitably will happen though. Rather anecdotally I live in China and Man City shirts are already as common here as Man Utd, Real Madrid shirts etc but I get the impression people change their loyalties to sports teams here in a way that seems impossible in the UK

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Fofana isn’t going anywhere this season. The club stood by him hugely this time last year when he had his leg broken, have rehabilitated him back into the first team, and only a couple of months ago he signed a massive long term contract. At the tail end of the season when there was nothing to play for, he stood out as one of the few players still giving it his all and cheering the fans on.

He doesn’t want to leave, the club don’t want him to leave. The only way it happens this season is if someone offers ridiculous money for the fee and wages.

Phew, thanks for giving us the inside info …..

if we get 100m for fofana and that means we can fix our contract situations and buy our top targets I wouldn’t be heartbroken. 

The number 1 issue id have is that as it’s so late… our targets may have already moved and the deals at this stage could be very expensive. 

But a bumper new deal for maddison, colwill, borigeaud, kocku, sangare and another decent young cb that might not be the finished article yet and i’m suddenly in love with rudkin again! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Deleting stuff in his bio for drama and stories. Immature. :beer:

Thanks for the class performances, if he doesn’t want to be here or his head has been turned thanks for the money. Defenders are in abundance. 

I don't trust a club who think that signing Veste and Bertrand and put them on good wages to sign a decent replacement

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if we get 100m for fofana and that means we can fix our contract situations and buy our top targets I wouldn’t be heartbroken. 

The number 1 issue id have is that as it’s so late… our targets may have already moved and the deals at this stage could be very expensive. 

But a bumper new deal for maddison, colwill, borigeaud, kocku, sangare and another decent young cb that might not be the finished article yet and i’m suddenly in love with rudkin again! 

although i am getting seriously stressed out at the thought of soyuncu and armartey being our only options once johnny picks up his annual injury 

• Haha 1

Stupid kid WTH is he playing at?

this is exactly the kind of noise we don’t need right now! Brendan needs to get him in his office asap and give foffana’s head a wobble. 
please remind him we are not here to hold him hostage there is mutual respect and he needs to be mature about this. He’s on a long contract JUST returned from a career ending injury which the club supported him thru. The fans idolize him and accept one day he can go to a massive club but to play games like this prematurely will tarnish him with a really bad reputation. 
I say the club should stand firm on this or it will unsettle the whole damn changing room. Gotta keep the unity and focus.

I blame the lack of transfers in for all this nonsense bubbling up days before the season starts sheez.

• Like 1