Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

8 minutes ago, The_77 said:

This is not the same thing at all as a player discussing a transfer in an interview. You have no idea what he’s doing but you keep slating the guy on this thread. 

Hell, it could just be an inside joke with his teammates and his friends. 

He has a very heartfelt message and pledge to Leicester fans pinned to the top of his profile and liked a tweet saying the bio change doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 

He’s not out here insulting you or any of us. There have been exactly zero reports that he’s forcing his way out. Why not let it be? 

I’m not sure if your just naive or head of the Fofana fan club.

“He has a very heartfelt message and pledge to Leicester fans pinned to the top of his profile and liked a tweet saying the bio change doesn’t mean he’s leaving.”

I think that’s called covering your bases.

“I have no idea what his doing”

Apart from reading the posts.

My father told me you're going to annoy a lot of people when you start doing what's best for you, and  I've begun to realise it" Wesley Fofana quoting on instagram

so if he was in an interview today and he was asked Wesley any news on the Chelsea links and he replied My father told me you're going to annoy a lot of people when you start doing what's best for you, and  I've begun to realise it.

(at the same time as removing the team he plays for from his bio)

The club would be happy with that yeah?

If foffana is pulling our Willy then ha ha very funny lol. Does he not realize the state we’re all in this past week with other clubs coming after our best players. There’s time to joke around and now Is NOT the time.

On 01/08/2022 at 07:52, Fergus2222 said:

Our owners put out briefed countless media pr articles about 200m + budget, not even including sales for our rebuild at the start of the summer. They took out a 700m loan a few weeks ago although I suspect some will be for the stadium rebuild - indebted to clearlake. So yeah we have as much money to spend as possible really. 

As for people saying its not possible, I think it gets done and im very confident it does. There's no way we brief ornstein of our dealings yesterday if we werent confident and prices keep getting quoted...being realistic I think 80m gets it done, maybe 85.

First impression is everything too, the entire fanbase is pining for fofana. Owners wont want a bad first window as itll leave a bad first impression. problem is this and dumfries will take our spend to 200m and we still need a RW and a capable starting lw. This week is reported key for us with outgoings - barkley batshuayi kepa werner ziyech azpi alonso all likely to leave this week

fabrizio just said rn you only want almost 75m, we're robbing you

Thanks for letting us know that money is not a problem. We'll be sure to take as much of it as possible.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

“He has a very heartfelt message and pledge to Leicester fans pinned to the top of his profile and liked a tweet saying the bio change doesn’t mean he’s leaving.”

My father told me you're going to annoy a lot of people when you start doing what's best for you, and  I've begun to realise it" Wesley Fofana quoting on instagram

so if he was in an interview today and he was asked Wesley any news on the Chelsea links and he replied My father told me you're going to annoy a lot of people when you start doing what's best for you, and  I've begun to realise it.

I’m not defending the guy at all costs. You’re connecting a lot of dots as an outsider I’m just offering other possibilities. 

And, I’ll repeat: these social media actions are nothing at all like a direct response to a direct question in an interview. I don’t know why you think they’re equivalent.  

Hope you enjoy the football once it starts, I think it’s been an annoying window for everyone and we’ll be much happier watching everyone use their feet instead of their Twitter fingers. 

20 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if we get 100m for fofana and that means we can fix our contract situations and buy our top targets I wouldn’t be heartbroken. 

The number 1 issue id have is that as it’s so late… our targets may have already moved and the deals at this stage could be very expensive. 

But a bumper new deal for maddison, colwill, borigeaud, kocku, sangare and another decent young cb that might not be the finished article yet and i’m suddenly in love with rudkin again! 

I afraid that kasper’s 130 k and wes’ 80k won’t cover all those salaries ….. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

I afraid that kasper’s 130 k and wes’ 80k won’t cover all those salaries ….. 

the 80/100m increases revenue though which means we can spend more on wages as our wages to turnover % would have decreased. 

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I think you are right. He's starting to angle for a a move. But, we won't sell him. Basta. 

We won't sell Maddison. We won't sell lil Wes. We will, if we can, sell Tielemans.  

4 minutes ago, The_77 said:

*And, I’ll repeat: these social media actions are nothing at all like a direct response to a direct question in an interview. 

I think you're spot on here. I bet half the time players do things on social media for a laugh . . . 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

For me I feel like at this point in time I can understand a player wanting to move to Man City desperately more so than Chelsea (I can understand both some some degree). In terms of the future Man City all but guarantees winning a load of trophies. I think it's a little like Barcelona and Real Madrid when they come calling no matter which club you are it's hard to deny the player that opportunity. Also as they will likely put up the cash required.

They are less dislikable as well than the other 'big six' (if that's what you want to call them). Mainly because they have less fans and their fans are less entitled. I find it quite amusing how frustrated plastic Liverpool and Man Utd fans get that they can't win anything because of Man City. 

No they aren't. Stick yourself next to their fans the next time we're away at their place and you'll find out they're horrible.

Makes me laugh people bang on about Man Utd's plastic fans too. I couldn't believe how many of Man City's fans were piling out of Piccadilly station the last time we were up there for the league visit.

Also they sing to us about sacking Ranieri.... still. They are proper weirdos.

Edit: Though I do accept your point about a player picking to play for Man City. Why wouldn't you. Best team in the league, playing at the best facilities under one of the best managers in the World. Just look at what Mahrez has done since he's left. Successful club to play for at the minute which is what players want.... to win things.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure it’s as simple as that 

and you’re spending it all so you can’t have it twice ! 

But you’re not necessarily spending it as Wages.

FFP rules changed this year. Wages to turnover is now what matters.

Sell Fofana means our revenue goes up 80-100m which means we can spend more on wages then we currently are which is our current issue.

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

But you’re not necessarily spending it as Wages.

FFP rules changed this year. Wages to turnover is now what matters.

Sell Fofana means our revenue goes up 80-100m which means we can spend more on wages then we currently are which is our current issue.

But that’s not sustainable unless we plan on selling high value assets every summer. 

• Like 4

Just now, kyleolly said:

We should have sold everyone off early on in pre season so we could have rebuilt not left it until the week of the first game of the new season.

I don’t think it’s our choice when clubs bid for our players is it? Chelsea have turned their interest to him as a result of missing out on other targets. As annoying as it is, there’s nothing the club can do. 

• Like 2