Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Over a player like Fofana the wind only has to blow and everyone shits their pants. Again it is as simple as this, Chelsea come in with £80-£90 million, which they are well capable of, we might sell. 

Same with Maddison. Newcastle come in with £75 million we will sell. 

it’s not just player loyalty these days. The right offer arrives and any club will snatch your hand off. 

For whatever reason our owners feel we are financially in the shit - NOT the well run club oft espoused. 

Edited by ARM1968

9 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

But you’re not necessarily spending it as Wages.

FFP rules changed this year. Wages to turnover is now what matters.

Sell Fofana means our revenue goes up 80-100m which means we can spend more on wages then we currently are which is our current issue.

surely you don’t account for that as revenue ??.
in the same way that you don’t lose revenue if you spend money on new players ?? 

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Every time they do this I get annoyed, not because they're singing it but because our fans don't IMMEDIATELY - without missing a beat - reply "Mancini, woah, you stabbed him in the back.... " etc.

I mean the set up is there, it's literally perfect, absolute open goal and we hoof it over the bar every time. Smh.

Plus we could immediately follow that with a second verse about stabbing Pellegrini in the back as well!

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

For me if we was going to lose 1 I'd rather lose fofana for 100m.

Get Madders to sign a contract he is the boy that's going be amazing this season he is worth more than Fofana IMO

I actually argree players that score goals create goals are always going to be more important 

Not got time to read the thread ATM, but just read the info re Instagram changes etc and had to give my two penneth.

Not a great surprise as its what he did when he wanted to join us, but after signing a new contract in March, I feel quite firm in telling him to bollocks. Don't care what his reaction is and all that stuff about keeping unhappy players. We're pretty funked as it is reading everything and it sounds like it wouldn't even be one in one out with the bloated squad (although I'm sure we would replace him)

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

Yes - agree with all of this, but I’ve often wondered at what point Man City will cross the threshold and become as irritating as, say, Man United. 

If they keep winning and gaining plastic supporters they will become the next generation version of Man United/Liverpool 

It's already happening, saw a neighbours post on Friday of her son at charity shield match on a man City shirt. 🤮

5 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Not got time to read the thread ATM, but just read the info re Instagram changes etc and had to give my two penneth.

Not a great surprise as its what he did when he wanted to join us, but after signing a new contract in March, I feel quite firm in telling him to bollocks. Don't care what his reaction is and all that stuff about keeping unhappy players. We're pretty funked as it is reading everything and it sounds like it wouldn't even be one in one out with the bloated squad (although I'm sure we would replace him)

The new contract just allows us to demand a top top fee.

6 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Looks like he wants to go now. Let's accept c. £80m and move on. If Chelsea don't pay up then he stays.

That's what's worked for us in the past. Even if we wait till Jan or next summer to make any real signings. 

He doesn't want to be here that much is clear.

Do you know him personally then? 

• Haha 2

Me when he did it to St Etienne: the kids a ledge, no way they should be able to hold him hostage if he wants to move to us.

Me when he's doing it to us: absolutely disgraceful, clearly been tapped up and he should honour his contract.

Happens to every club in the world bar a handful. As much as I want him to stay if he doesn't want to be here I'd nearly always favour maximising the transfer fee and moving on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1