Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

All the talk of money + a couple of Chelsea players.

...Doesn't fit with the narrative we're trying to cut numbers in our squad or cut the wage bill (As i'd imagine they're on a pretty handsome wage) so I don't see what it solves.

He's not going to go to war with the club though.

He might begin to feel like he needs to - if he told Rudkin that there was no offer we should be entertaining this summer for wes then a sale leaves him exposed.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

In all seriousness. I reckon I could cope with £60m plus Colwill and Gallagher, assuming both would fancy the chance of first team football for a team with ambitions of playing in Europe.

That'd put the value around £100-110 million you'd rate. Chelsea are getting a CB that'll be one of the best in the world for the next 10+ seasons.

Yeah makes sense, Kounde at just 23 current regular French CB sells for 50m 

Wes coming back from a serious double break 110m, not every player that has high potential goes on to be one of the best players in the world.

I'd obviously much rather he stayed but if he is going to go then I hope we get it done sooner rather than later so we're not left getting Ryan ****ing Bennett or some other cast off on-loan at the last minute because it's so late in the window.

Just now, st albans fox said:

He might begin to feel like he needs to - if he told Rudkin that there was no offer we should be entertaining this summer for wes then a sale leaves him exposed.

One can hope.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You don’t think he will care about losing his best CB three days before the season starts ??

That’s not what i was saying. He won’t care that wes has removed leicester from his bio and all the other petty likes and insta posts. 

He will already know that he would like a move. As long as he applies himself in training and on the pitch he won’t worry about those things 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

That’s not what i was saying. He won’t care that wes has removed leicester from his bio and all the other petty likes and insta posts. 

He will already know that he would like a move. As long as he applies himself in training and on the pitch he won’t worry about those things 

I see what U mean but 

depending on what’s going on between player and club, he might care 

So it looks the shit Nino not only cost us Fofana for last season but with him missing being a significant part of why we didn't qualify for Europe this season he's now a major cause of ****ing up this season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

What if we just did a levy and said you're not going, what's he gonna do? 

Exactly 

but we don’t want a reputation for standing in the way of talent when an acceptable offer comes in 

every player has a price 

Man City wouldn’t pay Kane’s price as set by spurs 

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

What if we just did a levy and said you're not going, what's he gonna do? 

We’re nowhere near that scenario. People might be reading too much into social media. There isn’t a credible report anywhere that he’s even pushing to leave (yet), let alone refusing to report to pre-season like Kane.  

Edited by The_77
Typo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

In all seriousness. I reckon I could cope with £60m plus Colwill and Gallagher, assuming both would fancy the chance of first team football for a team with ambitions of playing in Europe.

That'd put the value around £100-110 million you'd rate. Chelsea are getting a CB that'll be one of the best in the world for the next 10+ seasons.

Colwill would go straight into the team if Wes left.  Cant see Gallagher having many starts at the moment.

Just now, davieG said:

So it looks the shit Nino not only cost us Fofana for last season but with him missing being a significant part of why we didn't qualify for Europe this season he's now a major cause of ****ing up this season.

I think it'd be absolute stupidity to let him go for anything less than £100m, if at all. He's irreplaceable in a season we're going to have a new keeper, we need him playing for us

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

Colwill would go straight into the team if Wes left.  Cant see Gallagher having many starts at the moment.

see I wonder if we are interested in a few of their players that they actually offer us loans. 

If wages are our issue I wouldn’t be surprised for a fofana plus 2 chelsea players on loan. It’s not ideal at all but it might be what we need to bring them in :dunno:

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Exactly 

but we don’t want a reputation for standing in the way of talent when an acceptable offer comes in 

every player has a price 

Man City wouldn’t pay Kane’s price as set by spurs 

Then we need to set a high price, £85m is a joke, this could ruin us. We need fofana this season, next season he'll be even more valuable. We should shut it down and fine him for his social media antics 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Where do people get 100m from??? Sorry, but 80m would be a decent price, however any fee and we would struggle to replace him.

We don't want to sell do we. That's where £100m comes in. It adequately compensates the club as this transfer is going to mess up our season. He's on a 5 year contract, we can just say no.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Where do people get 100m from??? Sorry, but 80m would be a decent price, however any fee and we would struggle to replace him.

Especially with the whole world knowing we've just pocketed 80m. We will end up having to massively overpay for a replacement.

30m bid for Bednarek incoming 

Just now, filbertway said:

80 million feels close to market value, the extra 20-30 is a premium for taking him at this point of the window while he has 5 years left on his deal

We all believe he is a generational talent (and a very cheeky boy) but buyers would state recent injuries proneness and try to dump endless loads of exchanges on us. Feels a weird one.