Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

7 minutes ago, Albert said:

Because he’s one of the best young players in World football & has got 5yrs left on his contract. If he continues on his current trajectory how much will he be worth in 2/3yrs? 

If that happens then he will be worth a 100m. 

5 minutes ago, Albert said:

Because he’s one of the best young players in World football & has got 5yrs left on his contract. If he continues on his current trajectory how much will he be worth in 2/3yrs? 

He signs for five years at Chelsea/Man City  and sees out his contract (200k/week)

what will he get as a s/o fee ( 26 y o free agent ) ?

that would be my plan but his agent will want another deal in three years 

I wonder if we ever mentioned to him what an acceptable fee would look like in the contract negs 

I think irrespective of our lack of room for manoeuvre with FFP, Fofana isn't going anywhere for anything less than a record centre back fee of £100m.

Also, for his own career he would be better served staying with us for another season, getting a full season's worth of football under his belt after last season's injury. He still makes the mistakes that even the best young talents in the world make, and he wouldn't be able to get away with them at an "elite" club.

1 hour ago, Walshie is God said:

I do think though that contracts need to be scrapped now and everyone is on a pay as you play. Signing a contract extension and then jumping ship kind of stinks

Agree it is one way street. Clubs cannot bin turds, but gems do what they like.  

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Anything actually happened? Many twisted knickers on here when all he's done is like and unlike a few tweets. Reckon some of you need to grow a pair 👍

If you’re going to suggest people grow a pair the least you could do is get correct what has caused the “twisted knickers”

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He signs for five years at Chelsea/Man City  and sees out his contract (200k/week)

what will he get as a s/o fee ( 26 y o free agent ) ?

that would be my plan but his agent will want another deal in three years 

I wonder if we ever mentioned to him what an acceptable fee would look like in the contract negs 

As Harry Kane & his agent found out last yr whatever may have been mentioned during negotiations is completely irrelevant unless it was put in the contract that he signed 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Albert said:

Not sure why certain people love under valuing our players so much. Same in the maddison thread. Always the same people too. For some reason they seem really happy about selling some of the worlds best young players for a pittance. Weird. 

• Like 2

Just now, SecretPro said:

Not sure why certain people love under valuing our players so much. Same in the maddison thread. Always the same people too. For some reason they seem really happy about selling some of the worlds best young players for a pittance. Weird. 

Same reason that fans overvalue there own but under value other clubs players. Right now, no way on Earth is Wes worth 100m to any club other than us.

This is not dissing him or us, this is realism.  When De light moved, it was sub 80m, so 80m seems reasonable.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Same reason that fans overvalue there own but under value other clubs players. Right now, no way on Earth is Wes worth 100m to any club other than us.

This is not dissing him or us, this is realism.  When De light moved, it was sub 80m, so 80m seems reasonable.

What he’s worth to us is the important figure though.
We can set the price and it’s up to any interested club to match it if they want to buy him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Albert said:

As Harry Kane & his agent found out last yr whatever may have been mentioned during negotiations is completely irrelevant unless it was put in the contract that he signed 

I hope we are as firm as levy was then

The kid and his entourage need to be educated that life is not a one way street …..

• Like 1

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

What he’s worth to us is the important figure though.
We can set the price and it’s up to any interested club to match it if they want to buy him.

Depends if the club intend to raise funds through decent sized sales, no? Or have some agreement unseen to fans.

I would much rather he stayed, he is a simply sensational player, but here is more than his worth to us at play if a sale was considered.

Just now, SecretPro said:

But you just said it. To us he IS worth 100m, therefore that's his ****ing value. Don't need a calculator for that. Anyone with eyes knows Wes will be one of the greatest CBs in a generation. Maddison being touted for 60m is also a joke when Grealish went for 100. They are our players. We decide the value. 

Ok, bud. If it’s that simple, then sure. :thumbup:
Let’s never sell anyone except crap players, cos that will raise loads of money as there are so many takers, they are queuing around the block I hear.  :facepalm:

Here is a scenario. We sell him and fail to replace adequately and are involved in a relegation battle.  Does the fee plus parachute payments really do the Club any favors? As the Spuds fan said ‘ You do the maths’.  To late to risky.  Rudders shut this down or move on.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Let’s never sell anyone except crap players, cos that will raise loads of money as there are so many takers, they are queuing around the block I hear.  :facepalm:

What would you have taken for maguire?

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That's because he's also playing in a less reputable league 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wait, which one is it? You and others have said theres nothing to worry about financially, we are fine, we aren't skint and don't need money. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FOXSE said:

What would you have taken for maguire?

What has that got to do with anything? I would not have sold him willingly, but 80m was too much to turn down. :dunno:

Or it because I can not swear and be outraged, I basically don’t value the players.???

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Let’s just put ridiculous prices on players. Piss them off rejecting nearly world record fees and let them run there contracts down for free.

• Like 1