Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

2 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I think you have answered your own post there bud by saying whatever fee we would struggle to replace him.

personally I wouldn’t let him go for anything less than £100-£120 million sort of range but that’s how highly I rate him and I think as you have rightly pointed out we couldn’t replace him. 

Yes, that was my intent. But how does a price like 120m+ help if you need to raise funds? No-one will pay it.  :dunno:

11 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Or everybody seems to be forgetting that Greaslish went for £100m during Covid. How about we use that as a measurement of market value rather than the 'oh no, we've had covid, Fofana and Maddison are only worth 50p now'. 

Pretty sure ALL of the big 6 here and massive clubs abroad will want Fofana in a years time, he'll still have 4 years in his contract and the market will have supposedly recovered. If anybody would rather sell him cheap this year they have a screw loose. 

He isn’t worth £100m mate. That’s all. Regardless of what City were mental enough to pay Villa for Grealish. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Declan Rice loves West Ham, been at the academy since he was 14 and and wasn’t brought 2 years ago 

What's that got to do with anything? We didn't hold a gun to Fofana's head when he signed that long term contract a few months ago. That was his decision that he made himself. If he wanted to leave, he shouldn't have signed it. 

• Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Declan Rice loves West Ham, been at the academy since he was 14 and and wasn’t brought 2 years ago 

He was at Chelsea as a kid too, and is best mates with Mason Mount. He would go to Chelsea at the drop of a hat if given the chance, but Chelsea know West Hams price this summer, and so have not bothered to get involved. Don't get me wrong, he wouldn't disrespect West Ham, but if he believed there was a chance that West Ham might let him go, then he would be pushing for the move. West Ham making him unobtainable with 150 million price tag has meant that Rice will have known at the beginning of the summer that he will be at West Ham next season.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Where did I say that or even imply that?

We played hard ball with the sale of a centre back and got £80m. Which was very good money. You seem to be saying we shouldn't be playing hard ball over the sale of a 21 year old who has just signed a 5 year deal. That's why I wondered what you would have took for maguire, because I am sure that the idea of getting £80m would have seemed ridiculous to you. Am I wrong?

Just now, FOXSE said:

We played hard ball with the sale of a centre back and got £80m. Which was very good money. You seem to be saying we shouldn't be playing hard ball over the sale of a 21 year old who has just signed a 5 year deal. That's why I wondered what you would have took for maguire, because I am sure that the idea of getting £80m would have seemed ridiculous to you. Am I wrong?

No, it was ridiculous and will not likely be repeated- do you think every club will be as dumb as Man Utd we’re at that time?

The Maguire transfer proves nothing except Man Utd’s stupidity.

I'm alarmed to see reports in the rag press that suggest it's more-or-less a done deal for £85M. Of courses Fofana is allowed to go and, of course, I wouldn't stand in his way... but I wouldn't be pleased and I'm not sure I could wish him well. I wouldn't wish him ill but it would leave a bitter taste. Maybe At Etienne fans feel the same.

Still, I should keep in mind that it is only the rag press and (hopefully) a pile of steaming cak.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

It seems were essentially standing strong on our valuations of players we don't want or need, Vestergaard, Soumare, Choudhury (Don't think there been any interest this summer but i'm sure there has in the past - Newcastle). We're crying over £4m if you believe the reports regarding Vestergaard ffs - We can't be that desperate to get them off the wage bill and free up spaces - Cut your fucking losses!

However our top players, the players we need and should be looking to keep it almost seems a case of saying to other clubs '"You name your price and we'll work from there...£40m, £50m for Maddison?....hmmmm we'd need nearer £60m and we might consider it"

I wouldn't mind making a loss on the deadwood just to get them off the wage bill, but not a chance should we sell Maddison for any less then what Grealish went for, and Fofana is a £100million defender in today's market. 

• Like 4

Just now, smudger63 said:

He was at Chelsea as a kid too, and is best mates with Mason Mount. He would go to Chelsea at the drop of a hat if given the chance, but Chelsea know West Hams price this summer, and so have not bothered to get involved. Don't get me wrong, he wouldn't disrespect West Ham, but if he believed there was a chance that West Ham might let him go, then he would be pushing for the move. West Ham making him unobtainable with 150 million price tag has meant that Rice will have known at the beginning of the summer that he will be at West Ham next season.

I understand the logic in it, it’s just Rice being happy at a club he has been at for 9 years, is slightly different to a player brought in from France who has no prior affiliation to the club except they pay his wages.

Not to mention West Ham are on a upward trend of late, massive attendances, European football etc 

Declan Rice has described speculation linking him with a move away from West Ham as ‘annoying’ and insists he is happy at the club.”

When a player is publicly speaking like that of course they are able to slap a massive price tag on his head.

Wes on the other hand……

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, that was my intent. But how does a price like 120m+ help if you need to raise funds? No-one will pay it.  :dunno:

I wouldn’t sell him personally so it’s a win win, nobody meets the price he is our player for 5 more years - if worst came to the worst and someone does stump up at least we have a fighting chance with that sort of money. 

honestly think the rumours about us being skint are wrong as we just need to get fringe players off the wage bill 

22 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

This thread has gone full on nursing home senile. 120 million this, 100 million that. 

Log off. 

He is worth at least £100m but We shouldn’t consider anything less than £120m. This is the world we are in 

• Haha 1

Just now, ealingfox said:

Anything less than 100m is a massive failure on our part and seriously makes me question what the people at the top of the club are playing at

It might be a failure but the day of the £100 million defender is still someway off. Reuben Dias , who is at this moment in time , a better player than Fofana cost £68 million.

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I understand the logic in it, it’s just Rice being happy at a club he has been at for 9 years, is slightly different to a player brought in from France who has no prior affiliation to the club except they pay his wages.

Not to mention West Ham are on a upward trend of late, massive attendances, European football etc 

Declan Rice has described speculation linking him with a move away from West Ham as ‘annoying’ and insists he is happy at the club.”

When a player is publicly speaking like that of course they are able to slap a massive price tag on his head.

Wes on the other hand……

We'd probably let him go as a goodwill gesture and thanks for his service to the club.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I wouldn’t sell him personally so it’s a win win, nobody meets the price he is our player for 5 more years - if worst came to the worst and someone does stump up at least we have a fighting chance with that sort of money. 

honestly think the rumours about us being skint are wrong as we just need to get fringe players off the wage bill 

I hope you are right, so much guff online it’s impossible to tell

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

It proves if you have a strong negotiating position, you should use it. I think more teams will be in for fofana next season, and his price will be very high.... 

yes assuming he has another good season, gets no injuries, this may well be the case, I sincerely hope so!

It obviously does not help us now, but it should be helpful to get an astronomical fee (if he must be sold) next year, when so many need replacing

• Like 2

Two questions.  Any medical could be interesting. That was a nasty injury.

Second one, just watched the Transfer Show on Sky and I am wondering who is that lady that has not washed her hair for a week?   The other two muppets are a scream.  What do they do when the windows are closed?  Traffic reports or the weather?

Just now, goose2010 said:

85m for a defender is outrageous money especially for one that is coming back from a broken leg ...

It's our business model and as a club of our size it's a decent bit business how ever frustrating it is. 

85 million isn't that great ,when we paid 35 million for him, and there's a sell on clause. 

Then selling clubs know we have a large wad of cash when we go for their players.

3 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

85 million isn't that great ,when we paid 35 million for him, and there's a sell on clause. 

Then selling clubs know we have a large wad of cash when we go for their players.

We sold rubbish like like Maguire for 80m, surly we can't sell Wes for 5m more...... minimum 130m

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas