Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

How much would we get selling only deadwood do you think?

Enough to buy a decent RW?

I never mentioned selling to buy. I mentioned that apparently we just need deadwood out and a wage reduction. 

We aren't bringing anybody in in this window, absolutely nobody of quality or a starting 11 player, so if we apparently don't need the money, keep Fofana and Maddison, and just take the hit and get rid of the shit ready for the next window/seasons. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

I never mentioned selling to buy. I mentioned that apparently we just need deadwood out and a wage reduction. 

We aren't bringing anybody in in this window, absolutely nobody of quality or a starting 11 player, so if we apparently don't need the money, keep Fofana and Maddison, and just take the hit and get rid of the shit ready for the next window/seasons. 

Be yet another shame not to fill that gap, but certainly this Summer it’s understandable.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Be yet another shame not to fill that gap, but certainly this Summer it’s understandable.

Let's be honest, this window has been a disaster and we have left it far, far too late to think about filling the RW position with an actual target or anybody of quality. At this stage we'd just end up buying more expensive deadwood. Give up on this window, cut our losses, move on and go again next time round.

Would seem a healthier option to me than flogging off Wes, Maddison, Youri et al to then go panic buying and hoping for the best. 

I imagine any real RW targets we will have identified will be long gone by now anyway, either signed elsewhere or just because its too late in the day.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

He moved to Juventus mate from Ajax, not sure that applies. lol

You actually made me question this 😂 go and look at Ajax and their record sales and also note who they did business with. De Ligt and De Jong were sold off the back of that amazing Champions League run, the rest of their dealings (bar United signing Martinez) highlight that on the whole teams in the Eredivisie can't/don't demand fees to the same levels more reputable leagues can and do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

You lost me once you slagged off Brendan. The very man who signed Fofanna and led us to and FA Cup win and two top 6 finishes as well as a European semi. Unbelievably harsh and idiotic comment. 

Brendan recommended Fofana? Did he?

Do you really think with the squad we had at those times compared with what other teams had 'at those times', Rodgers was really the mastermind behind it? I'd suggest quite a few managers could have easily equalled it and several nailed 4th. I think the team got there despite him. Just my personal thoughts but I'm very biased, I think he's an absolute fraud. Only time will tell. Let's see what he achieves after us eh?

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The **** lol

?

He's 21, has 5 years left on his contract, is a nailed-on starter in our strongest team, and the season starts in 3 days. We sold a weaker and older defender for 85m 3 years ago. Why on earth should we accept less than silly money?

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You actually made me question this 😂 go and look at Ajax and their record sales and also note who they did business with. De Ligt and De Jong were sold off the back of that amazing Champions League run, the rest of their dealings (bar United signing Martinez) highlight that on the whole teams in the Eredivisie can't/don't demand fees to the same levels more reputable leagues can and do.

I’m sorry! All I was suggesting was that Ajax is arguably big despite being the Erdevise, and that De Ligt was a generational talent like Fofana, but even then, he did not go for the figure we are seeing suggested for Wes

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

?

He's 21, has 5 years left on his contract, is a nailed-on starter in our strongest team, and the season starts in 3 days. We sold a weaker and older defender for 85m 3 years ago. Why on earth should we accept less than silly money?

Sure, if Man Utd buy him. lol

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

?

No you are right, would be a massive failure to secure less than the 10th biggest transfer of all time and smash the record for a defender by £15m, for player who spent almost an entire season injured, 

Massive failure, terrible way to run a club. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't stress yourselves so much ladies, look at the facts not the click bait.

1.Our owners are multi-millionaires, they don't 'need' the money, though every player has a price like Maguire, 80m, they know how to extract money..
2. Fofana recently signed a long deal, he's going nowhere unless Top wants. 
3. Chelsea currently aren't the draw they were, they've just been turned down by 3 players was it?
4. Our problem is we've too many non-productive players, it makes good business sense not to buy more before reducing the books. Why would Top therefore suddenly accept 2/3 part exchange players towards payment for Fofana as reported, it would leave us in an even worse position surely?
5. Sadly, all the talk regarding Fofana, Vardy, Barnes and Maddison is destabilising, but teams and agents know what they're doing and it's part of the game now sadly.

Just don't let Rodgers have too much say, he's poison to our club I fear. I feel some of our better players now see right through his slobber and lack of tactical/coaching knowledge and understandably want out to persue better. You can't blame them really, it's a job. However, our owners, not the manager, have the upper hand.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t really matter how much money our owners have, they can’t just pump money into the club anymore. FFP.   You will note Newcastle taking out a 100m loan to purchase players (I appreciate there is some form of money moving / factoring there).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No you are right, would be a massive failure to secure less than the 10th biggest transfer of all time and smash the record for a defender by £15m, for player who spent almost an entire season injured, 

Agreed, cheers

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Brendan recommended Fofana? Did he?

Do you really think with the squad we had at those times compared with what other teams had 'at those times', Rodgers was really the mastermind behind it? I'd suggest quite a few managers could have easily equalled it and several nailed 4th. I think the team got there despite him. Just my personal thoughts but I'm very biased, I think he's an absolute fraud. Only time will tell. Let's see what he achieves after us eh?

Wow. How are you that negative? 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

E0545FDB-6BA2-4583-9F6A-282E4A1C82DA.jpeg.897351a04dca898dc66533d72dcf8b04.jpeg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Harry was /is a limited player ,that United panic bought after he ,more or less ,starred in the world cup. 

Everyone knows we had uniteds pants down on that deal.

Wes is one of the best prospects for a long time and ,if he is to be sold, we have to make Chelsea or whoever else wants him, pay a ridiculous price.

He could,based on age ,be a pivotal player for a top side for years and would be top value for money ,if he stays for 10 years or more.

If Liverpool sold VVD now ,what would they get?

At least their money back and he's 31.

He will still be top class for at least 5 years and that ,to a money club, would be money well spent.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Unfortunately, it doesn’t really matter how much money our owners have, they can’t just pump money into the club anymore. FFP.   You will note Newcastle taking out a 100m loan to purchase players (I appreciate there is some form of money moving / factoring there).

I agree, they don't need to pump money in, that's not the problem, they can't even if they wanted to.