Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

All the talk of 100 million. You have to remember we are the only club ever to sell a defender for above £80million. So if we were to get the 80/85 million the media are reporting we'll still be the only club to do it but will have done it twice. That would be an incredible thing to have happened. 100 million would be 15 million more than the most expensive defender of all time (Maguire) and over 20 million above the second (De Light) Fofana is amazing and has a lot of potential but to break the transfer record for a defender by so much just seems like something that won't happen. I could see 90 or high 80s if Chelsea get desperate enough. It's worth remembering that 100 million would equal the Grealish premier league transfer record when you think of some of the crazy attacking talent in this league and none of them fetched that fee (except Grealish of course) it makes you understand how ridiculous 100 million would be.

36 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Its a pretty nonsense article.  Newcastle apparently not willing to pay for Maddison let alone Barnes as well, and if we sell Fofana we will be a very long way from cash strapped.

No we will be very rich , but we won’t be able to spent it , because those rich clubs will wait to the last day to act 

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

The times today reports thst we are to he decimated.    Time for top to put a stop.  Its not just about ambition... its about pl survival.  If things get hard rodgers will play the blame game.  I see evans having another season of injuries (why is he still playing for northern irelsnd?)

We have players rodgers doesnt want... and wont fix ... yet no room for lookmam.  Watfords sarr should have neen our rw last year.

Top needs to show strong leadership now.

of all the rants about how bad things are… Complaining we didn’t have a relegated right winger is up there.. 

• Haha 1

I'm really annoyed about his immaturity with social media. We have been good to him through his injury and he was then offered and was happy to sign a new contract on clearly more wages. 

Given we are all over the media this window with fabricated stories and bad press about our finances, players wanting to leave etc etc. It's not helping **** all that he is playing games on social media. Reminds me of a 14 year old who puts stupid status's on social media for attention and reaction. It's causing unessesary attention at a time we have lost Kasper and are getting ready to start the season.

If I was Top I would be very pissed off with him. I'm sure given the values he has that professionalism is a must. Signs he hasn't grown up since being here, his behaviour is damaging for the club at a tricky time. 

He's a professional looked up to by many people including children. Lead by example, keep your shit in house.

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot

His antics aren't great, and it all seems a bit doom and gloom but maybe this gives Rodgers the refresh he wants.

If Chelsea sold us colwill for 20m with no buy back and we got 80m plus for fofana that's decent business. If they sell colwill to Brighton then I'd call it off. 60m on the rest of the side would go a long way and probably enable us to renew so e big contracts.

We need to balance the books, maybe this is the way to do it. We've always known fofana is destined for the top, he's won us the fa cup and been a great player for us so moving now whilst the timing isn't good would work for us long term.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

His antics aren't great, and it all seems a bit doom and gloom but maybe this gives Rodgers the refresh he wants.

If Chelsea sold us colwill for 20m with no buy back and we got 80m plus for fofana that's decent business. If they sell colwill to Brighton then I'd call it off. 60m on the rest of the side would go a long way and probably enable us to renew so e big contracts.

We need to balance the books, maybe this is the way to do it. We've always known fofana is destined for the top, he's won us the fa cup and been a great player for us so moving now whilst the timing isn't good would work for us long term.

Win, win.

He stays we have a great player to call on, he goes we have a massive cash injection.

The worse part is the timing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, filbertway said:

If you're over the age of 17 and reading too deeply into anyones social media, you probably need to get off and go for a walk or something

I have to break it to you - the moon isn’t made of green cheese 

4 hours ago, Bptiger said:

No we will be very rich , but we won’t be able to spent it , because those rich clubs will wait to the last day to act 

we lost £100m in our last two sets of accounts. It doesn’t make us rich - it just gives us wriggle room to do some deals

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Youve been softened up.  Chelsea are a team we could finish ahead of 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

But we have achieved already under him? 

FA Cup will go down in history. Two European campaigns. Even being incredibly biased you can see that? Yes the European seasons came about by just missing out on 4th, but they were still good achievements. 

I think a lot read into what Rodgers says far too much. Every single word is scrutinised. It's almost unhealthy for how many people cling on to his every word just waiting to slaughter him. 

If only people paid as much attention to the words of those who lead us ……

brendan is Brendan 

we knew what he was like when he arrived 

when it’s going well no one cares what he says 

now it’s a bit tougher ……

he has earned the right to lead the club for another season and depending on the circumstances of how we arrive where we do end may, likely another 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

+ reinvest KS wages for Maddison, maybe even get a right winger on option to buy, I’m opportunistic 

13 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

So why weaken?

I dont think in any way we should weaken. My post was to say Fofana needs to grow up and stop his social media antics. Not that we should sell him. Also, no way should we sell Maddison. And if possible get him and  Tielemans to sign a new contract.

Next summer my opinion may be different as Fofana will be a large asset to sell, we will need some budget with other contract winding down.

Playing devils advocate here, wes has just come off the back of a major injury 

it could be that moving this summer was always in his plans but that put it back a year. Signing a new deal makes me wonder how good his agent is.

he could come straight back at all of us and say he has to grasp the opportunity when it arises because he is one bad tackle away from it all falling apart.   

this doesn’t affect the professional argument and the need to mature as a person. 

whatever the cub decide, he has to go with it and get on with his job. 

• Like 2

Selling him now is not a win/win. With a full season & (touch wood)no injuries, Fofana will still be young, before his prime and under contract for another 4 years. If he's valued at £80m now before a full interrupted season, Wes could well be worth over £100m, and with clear interest already visable we should have an increased number of suiters on his case. Also consider a season of having such a player will increase our chances of getting European Football again which will help us keep growing the club.

The only way I would be comfortable with this happening right now would be an absolutely collosal amount of money. Something which would cover adequate recruitment and give us flexibility in the contract situation.

But  a season with him here, as a recognised high quality talent can only help us finish higher up the League; maybe even win us a Cup or get us into Europe. Selling him while replacing with someone unproven risks this season.

We shouldn't be selling our best talents in desperation.

• Like 1

None of us should be surprised by Fofana's antics. He treated the club that gave him his first big break just the same when we signed him.  We were always just a stepping stone for him. We're kidding ourselves if we believe that most footballers have a strong love or even affinity for the club they play for. It's a job for them and they want to get the most money they can. If that means a chance to move to a bigger club pretty much all of them would jump at the chance, irrespective of the support that their current club and its fans have given them. Some of them try to hide the fact; Fofana is one who doesn't bother even doing that. 

• Like 1

It's earlier than we would like to sell, and he would be a big loss for us on the pitch, but it is our business model.

It's preferable if he goes now, financially at least, because we have too many players who are in the exact reverse situation: coming to the end of their contract, slightly out of form, no longer as valuable as they were a year or two ago, potentially about to leave on a free. 

If there is a good offer out there, it would be better to extract the maximum value from Wes now, much as it would pain me to lose him.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Reports this am that Chelsea have bid 75 mill…

Not good enough but if that's the case and it actually happened he's off and it's a great deal for the club.