Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Some people have such short memories dont they. The defensive stats pre Fofana's return, compared to when he did return and very very different. Someone did put a pic up on here to compare them, cant see it now though. Made it so clear

Fofana is an awesome CB. Those claiming we can manage well without him are living in cuckoo land

Short memories

how good did we look last pre season against vilareal with wes marauding from the back into midfield 

you can’t replace players like him. His aggression to get to the ball first sets the tone for the rest of the team.

Rodgers had his plans screwed over a week before last season began. I cannot believe that he would allow the same to happen again this season. 

it’s going to be hard enough for us to manage without YT - take out wes and we really could be struggling to have an identity apart from playing the ball along the back four for five minutes at a time before launching it for vards to chase …

if you think it was bad watching us last season ….

the club should put their foot down and tell the kid that he goes next summer if an offer £90m+ is made. 

10 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Thought we had turned down offers for the likes of Soumare?

That's because we are trying to get as much money as possible for these players. Its hard to call because either we don't need the money desperately so we can hold out for our value or we need the money desperately and need to get every last pound and penny we can. 

Hold firm. Don't bend over. We have the power here. 

Him or Maddison go for me its as good as suicide and I honestly think we do have a financial issue if the case. Maddison to Newcastle in particular ain't a great look giving in to the new oil money overloads. 

Them pair are the difference between achieving success and associated prize money. The bids for Fofana will still be there - he ain't no Soyunucu good six months type. 

• Like 2

What’s with all the panic lol this thread has been unnecessarily hot for the majority of the last 24hrs. 

We’ve been in this predicament numerous times before, we’ve seen it with Mahrez & Maguire, we know how it goes by now. Ideally we never want to lose our best players, unfortunately though there comes an inevitability with losing a player like Fofana. Whether it be this summer, next summer or the summer after that, we all know he’s going at some point, but yet again we are not desperate to sell, if Chelsea want him so bad, then cough up £80 million plus or bugger off, the story of selling our best players is usually along those lines. 

We know how this cycle goes, it’s been our model ever since we won the league, that cycle will continue when we inevitably lose the likes of Fofana, Maddison & Tielemans. It’s ok to show ambition, teams that finished around us last season have similar ambitions, but at the end of the day, if you fail to get European football, which is going to become harder to do nowadays, then the Premier League “Big Six” and top European teams will continue to snap up our players. 

All you can do is sit and hope that you’re team recruits well again, I look at the current picture of Leicester City and the next two years will more than likely make or break this team, huge changes are coming, if that includes inevitably losing Fofana then so be it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

I think we will accept 80, 85 milion. Which I think is good business given the bad injury he's had.  Another break and it's career over.

85M is only 68M for us though.. we need 100M at least because of the sell on clause

33 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Some people have such short memories dont they. The defensive stats pre Fofana's return, compared to when he did return and very very different. Someone did put a pic up on here to compare them, cant see it now though. Made it so clear

Fofana is an awesome CB. Those claiming we can manage well without him are living in cuckoo land

Do you think Amartey could fill the gap ? 

• Haha 2

More importantly if we let Wes go now, and losing Kasper, how low is team moral going to be? Kasper was obviously a leader in the dressing room. The media are all over it already with Vardy now Kaspers left.

Let’s hope this dosen’t start a domino effect as we can’t afford to lose big presences in the dressing room. I think it’s time the board dig their heals in. Make it clear to Wes he won’t be leaving, and start looking at bringing 1 or 2 new faces in to boost confidence for the new season.Wes might sulk, but he’s a young lad, he’ll get over it after a few weeks…

Guest Col city fan
8 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Do you think Amartey could fill the gap ? 

Absolutely! In fact I’d start ‘Big Dan’ over Fofana

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Fofana has had lots if injury issues here - he's done his hamstring twice and groin once. As well as the leg break, if he becomes classed as an injury risk we won't get 85m. If we get anywhere close to that we should sell.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The issue with saying we'd prefer to sell him next summer is we will potentially be moving 10+ players on already next season. Yes, a huge fee for 1 more departure would help with the rebuild but it's yet more disruption and makes bringing players in harder with other clubs knowing we're wedged up.

The more I think about it, if we bait Chelsea in to paying us north of £80m this summer for him with maybe add ons then I'd do the deal, he's always going to leave us in the short to medium term.

I think this is what's going to happen - the only issue I can see is us haggling right until the wire with Chelsea agreeing to pay but leaving us very little/if any time to get a replacement.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The issue with saying we'd prefer to sell him next summer is we will potentially be moving 10+ players on already next season. Yes, a huge fee for 1 more departure would help with the rebuild but it's yet more disruption and makes bringing players in harder with other clubs knowing we're wedged up.

The more I think about it, if we bait Chelsea in to paying us north of £80m this summer for him with maybe add ons then I'd do the deal, he's always going to leave us in the short to medium term.

Ric Flair 🤝 Chocolate Teapot

Announce rebuild.

13 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

More importantly if we let Wes go now, and losing Kasper, how low is team moral going to be? Kasper was obviously a leader in the dressing room. The media are all over it already with Vardy now Kaspers left.

Let’s hope this dosen’t start a domino effect as we can’t afford to lose big presences in the dressing room. I think it’s time the board dig their heals in. Make it clear to Wes he won’t be leaving, and start looking at bringing 1 or 2 new faces in to boost confidence for the new season.Wes might sulk, but he’s a young lad, he’ll get over it after a few weeks…

But how low will morale be if our dressing room is full of players who want to leave? And people who don't want to be somewhere rarely perform at their best.  Top level sport is all about small margins and having a number of players trying just that little bit less can have a big impact. We have so many players who apparently want to leave: Youri, Cags, Soumaré, Praet and now seemingly Fofana and Maddison. And that's not to mention the likes of Vesty, Bertrand, Hamza and Mendy. I'm starting to think there is more to our financial problems that simply having a few too many squad players. For clubs to be circling a number of our top players like vultures, as they are doing, makes me worry that within the game it is known that we are financially very weak and open to a bit of a fire sale. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

I reckon January after world cup or next summer. There's no way he's getting in the French squad this time so no imperative to move for that reason. Maddison on the other hand needs a catalyst or he will be nearly 30 before he gets to a world cup. Can see that one happening if any and kdh/tielemans being moved into the progressive mid roles.

There is no official approach for Fofana so most of this is hot air. The question to me is , do the club see him as a core player to take LCFC into the future or just an asset to be cashed in for maximum profit. This business plan of cashing in at maximum value is one of diminishing returns and will fail in the end.

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

But how low will morale be if our dressing room is full of players who want to leave? And people who don't want to be somewhere rarely perform at their best.  Top level sport is all about small margins and having a number of players trying just that little bit less can have a big impact. We have so many players who apparently want to leave: Youri, Cags, Soumaré, Praet and now seemingly Fofana and Maddison. And that's not to mention the likes of Vesty, Bertrand, Hamza and Mendy. I'm starting to think there is more to our financial problems that simply having a few too many squad players. For clubs to be circling a number of our top players like vultures, as they are doing, makes me worry that within the game it is known that we are financially very weak and open to a bit of a fire sale. 

It speaks volumes that the club aren't even willing to risk any transfers at all despite people telling us players will be leaving this window. Couple that with a lot of players with 1 year left on their deals there's not a huge amount of long term risk but it seems the club aren't even willing to gamble in the short term to help the team on the pitch.

Something is up. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

Blimey some people are so dramatic. If he leaves, he’ll go for a big profit for essentially one seasons work and we move on. 

This happens in football daily. Players move clubs. We signed him from St Etienne, he plays well, another club wants him, we make money, rinse and repeat.

We have a fantastic recruitment policy which means bigger clubs want our players. Prefer that to the Man United school of mismanagement, where they literally have to give their players away. 

It’d be a shame but nothing else.

Yet somehow we're the ones actively trying to sell Tielemans and soyuncu before they run down their deals. Add on top all of the deadwood on high wages that we're struggling to get rid of and the act of calling other clubs mismanaged starts to look a little silly.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

COLWILL IS GOING TO BRIGHTON!!!!!!!!!

Not yet he’s not. It’s not part of the Cucurella deal either.

I think if Fofana is pushing for this I would take 70/75m plus Colwill at this point. And that needs to be made clear to Chelsea now before they start accepting bids for him.

• Like 3