Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Guest Col city fan
19 hours ago, turlo said:

Even more so when we concede from a corner due to none of our piss poor set piece defending being magically fixed by Kasper leaving.

I was genuinely one of the very few who hadn’t attributed the same level of blame to Kasper as many did.

It was having The Two Ronnies at the back that did most of the damage Imo (cult hero Amartey and Cags)

But, we‘ll be able to see now whether having a new keeper in does make the difference 

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They count this season, next season it drops to 80% of revenue and then 70% year after. 

And that’s not just wages, that includes money spent on fees and agents fees.

So we might have to drop wages from 85/95% of revenue down to something like 50/60% if we want to sign players also, and play in Europe if we get there. 

The cuts could be quite astronomical if we want to stay within the uefa ones.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Wages are different to transfer fees.  

Transfer fees are amortised over the length of a contract, an 18m fee over a 4-year contract has an impact of 4.5m a yearly on the accounts. 

So we have to spend 72m on a player with a 4-year contract to have the same impact on the yearly accounts (18m) as having 18m of wages on the accounts. 

I think Babylon raises a good point here, the 90% and then 80% and 70% includes transfers and agent fees and however they are amortised we could still have more on the balance sheet being released in to the I&E for 2022/23 than for outgoings and in which case that further pushes us and the massive wages we have. It's probably what's effecting us short term, we didn't sell anyone last summer except Ghezzal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They count this season, next season it drops to 80% of revenue and then 70% year after. 

And that’s not just wages, that includes money spent on fees and agents fees.

So we might have to drop wages from 85/95% of revenue down to something like 50/60% if we want to sign players also, and play in Europe if we get there. 

The cuts could be quite astronomical if we want to stay within the uefa ones.

I thought the phased rules came in from 2023? Even so if we want to comply essentially we are buggered and can't compete financially in the slightest? Those drops make being competitive unsustainable.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Wages are different to transfer fees.  

Transfer fees are amortised over the length of a contract, an 18m fee over a 4-year contract has an impact of 4.5m a yearly on the accounts. 

So we have to spend 72m on a player with a 4-year contract to have the same impact on the yearly accounts (18m) as having 18m of wages on the accounts. 

Didn't realise it worked like that? I thought if you paid 18m up front you pay it up front and it comes straight out the accounts for the year. Must be some wizardry going on to get that spread across the accounts. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Villa blew that Grealish money last year. They are heading for big problems if they think they can take on the authorities. They're waiting for a club outside the big boys to make an example of, although they ought to have done that with Everton an'all.

I agree but it gives them a buffer. 

For me, we need to get ahead of the game, short-term is what we are doing, short-term pain, long-term game.

People have short memories, Leeds chanced the golden ticket and got badly burnt.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Babylon raises a good point here, the 90% and then 80% and 70% includes transfers and agent fees and however they are amortised we could still have more on the balance sheet being released in to the I&E for 2022/23 than for outgoings and in which case that further pushes us and the massive wages we have. It's probably what's effecting us short term, we didn't sell anyone last summer except Ghezzal.

I hadn’t realised that all fees are counted in that cost to t/over ratio. It’s clearly UEFA’s way of countering the super league clubs problems by preventing competition from outside 

it’s made a massive difference to us 

Just now, st albans fox said:

I hadn’t realised that all fees are counted in that cost to t/over ratio. It’s clearly UEFA’s way of countering the super league clubs problems by preventing competition from outside 

It's absolutely brutal, especially for clubs that have had success in recent years and pushed and pushed to keep momentum. At least those harbouring to do what we've done have a few years grace before they've probably started to reach their limits. We've been hammered here.

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Pretty sure that will be the case if we sell  :dunno:

What I was trying to say, but didn't say it clearly, was that we shouldn't feel pressured into accepting a lower fee, if we do sell him, because Fofana might be kicking up a stink, and making clear to the club that he wants to move. 

35 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Curious,  how many have we sold approximately then? 

There's still about 135 left in many different areas of the ground compared to Man U (H) that has already sold out

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I thought the phased rules came in from 2023? Even so if we want to comply essentially we are buggered and can't compete financially in the slightest? Those drops make being competitive unsustainable.

Didn't realise it worked like that? I thought if you paid 18m up front you pay it up front and it comes straight out the accounts for the year. Must be some wizardry going on to get that spread across the accounts. 

For FFP it is less important when you pay the actual cash, it's more important how you account for it in the books. 

They don't look at your bank balance they look at your accounts. 

This is a good short read on accounting practices for football transfers https://www.danielgeey.com/post/football-amortisation-chelseas-50m-luiz-profit/ 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Keep the elite, elite and keeps the likes of us in our place. 

All sold on the back of making football sustainable. 

If they really want that, they could just cap wages, agent fees etc.

But that would stop all the little piggy's having their noses in the trough

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

Can someone summarise what’s actually happened? This thread is constantly Hot and I CBA to go through pages of nonsense

Various reports of Chelsea's interest/bids alongside him liking various tweets etc and changing his IG profile tag from "Professional footballer at LCFC" to "Proffesional footballer". 

....Thats about it. 

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Can someone summarise what’s actually happened? This thread is constantly Hot and I CBA to go through pages of nonsense

This is how I feel most of the time.

It would be great to have a thread in the transfer section with just new developments on players posted no conversation no back and forth no trawling through pages and pages of geordies arguing or people slagging brendan just any new developments in one place. 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Literally nothing. Other than I started it today by saying I’d read that Chelsea were coming in with a bid of 75 mill. Apparently then, I was ‘in the know’, when I actually wasn’t ‘in the know’ but I’d read something like everyone else does.

So, nothing 

👍

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

This is how I feel most of the time.

It would be great to have a thread in the transfer section with just new developments on players posted no conversation no back and forth no trawling through pages and pages of geordies arguing or people slagging brendan just any new developments in one place. 

I don't think a forum is what you're after then horse ...

50 minutes ago, Bucks fox said:

We can't even sell out the first home game of the season, no matter who we play to me this proves we are at the level now we can achieve. Yes, a game against the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool may sell out in a 40,000 stadium, but I think the majority of games even with a Commercial Manager won't sell out. What does breed the need for increased capacity is either living in large growing populous cities or being constantly successful and we need to ensure we are at the right level and personally I think we are there now.

Failing to sell out the first game does not necessarily prove lack of interest. Myself and Son are deterred from even applying for tickets as we are aware that they may not be in the location we wish to sit , the protracted one ticket per app!location and cost of a Match Day ticket. Expect there are many that aren't necessarily did hard fans but would attend matches if the circumstances were right.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

The club needs to generate more money from other sources , not just buying and selling players , hardly any clubs make much profit from that , at least not at our level. Our profile needs expanding , we are not cool or sexy as a club. The fanbase would expand considerably with more exposure. So we need a commercial manager with drive and creativity. Last and not least , the stadium is Too Small !.This joke of supposed planned expansion is a disgrace. We are down over 100'000 tickets a season and as a city of 350,000 people and being the only club in it we are losing a huge amount of money. If we want to think big we need to have the profile to match it.

I think we really missed the boat on that. After our title win, we should've prioritised the stadium expansion. Another 8000-10000 fans would've increased turnover, not to mention increased merchandise. The whole world knows we're brassic, that's why shite like Newcastle think they can entice our 2 best young players in Maddison and Barnes.  Fofana will go, he pushed his move through at St Etienne, and the same will happen here. We're on the slide, shudders me to think how many players we'll lose next season on free transfers. Nobody has to worry about FFP or inflated pay packets then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

For FFP it is less important when you pay the actual cash, it's more important how you account for it in the books. 

They don't look at your bank balance they look at your accounts. 

This is a good short read on accounting practices for football transfers https://www.danielgeey.com/post/football-amortisation-chelseas-50m-luiz-profit/ 

Well i've learned something new today. I think its a really strange way of doing things but I'm not an accountant so I don't know how you can justify 30 million coming out of the account yet only reporting 10 million of it going out a year. 

47 minutes ago, Bucks fox said:
Just now, Col city fan said:

Literally nothing. Other than I started it today by saying I’d read that Chelsea were coming in with a bid of 75 mill. Apparently then, I was ‘in the know’, when I actually wasn’t ‘in the know’ but I’d read something like everyone else does.

So, nothing 

👍

I want to elevate you to ITK mate , let's liven this up 🤣

34 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I assume because they reviewed the risk and decided to manage it in why they deemed is the appropriate way. 

We have 31 players over 21 who need to be registered in the 25, let's say we loan out Wright and Hirst which seems logical. 

We then bring in 2 new players, taking us back to 31, so we have 6 players we can't register. 

Let's say we can't sell them for whatever reason and the 6 are not registered. (Now we can argue who that 6 would be and how much they get paid, but let's just go with this for this example) 

Vesterguarrd (75k) 

Hamza (60k) 

Perez (70k)

Mendy (30k)

Praet (60k)  

Amartery (50K)

That's 345k a week or 18m a year. For sitting watching.

Without adding the salaries of the new players and their cost. 

Yes, we could take the risk and probably sell them after we get new players and before the window shuts, but it's a big risk if it goes tits up. 

Add to that the need to give the likes of Maddison a new contract.

How close are we to FFP breach, I don't know.

What are the sanctions, I'm not sure.

But the club does and I assume has factored that into the reasons why we are working this way. 

I don’t know if it’s been said already, but I’m pretty sure we have a squad of 27. Thomas was 20 at the start of this year and therefore doesn’t need to be registered, which means we have 26. Looks likely that kasper is off which means we’ll be at the 25 mark so then it depends if we bring in an experienced keeper to replace him. Other than that it will be a one in one out process you’d imagine. 

Just now, ronnup said:

I don't think a forum is what you're after then horse ...

No it is I am up for conversation and back and forth on many issues see my post history. Just when I comes to transfers foxestalk is my main source of info and it would be great to have a new info thread to quickly check up on things when at work etc. 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Bluetintedspecs said:

I want to elevate you to ITK mate , let's liven this up 🤣

😉

This place is a parody of itself mate. I blame the kids…

😂

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Villa blew that Grealish money last year. They are heading for big problems if they think they can take on the authorities. They're waiting for a club outside the big boys to make an example of, although they ought to have done that with Everton an'all.

Think KP have already been through the ringer the time we got promoted and failed FFP / dodgy payments etc and probably don’t want to do it again which is why we are trying hard to comply. Whilst Villa are gonna end up chancing it..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

Well i've learned something new today. I think its a really strange way of doing things but I'm not an accountant so I don't know how you can justify 30 million coming out of the account yet only reporting 10 million of it going out a year. 

You have 3 financial statements - Profit & Loss, which has the cost / years of contract in it, then the Balance sheet, which holds the assets and liabilities, then you have the cashflow statement, which shows real cash in and outflows.